|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl hope happens when he dies?
2. Why does Carl like Ivar?
3. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
4. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
5. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
2. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
3. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
4. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
5. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
6. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
7. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
8. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
9. How did Frank and Marie meet?
10. How is Lou described by the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)