|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivar read in his house?
2. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
3. What was Marie's father's name?
4. What is John Bergson's occupation?
5. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
2. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
3. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
4. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
5. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
6. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
7. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
8. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
9. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
10. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Alexandra presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)