Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lou's wife?
2. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
3. What does John say his wife misses most?
4. How many sons does Oscar have?
5. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
2. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
3. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
4. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
5. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
6. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
7. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
8. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
9. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
10. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Alexandra endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)