|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find freedom for himself.
(b) To find someone to love.
(c) To prove himself.
(d) To give her freedom.
2. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lourdon Inn.
(b) The Lindell Hotel.
(c) The Lamont House.
(d) The Lincoln Place.
3. What does Carl say Alexandra will always be surrounded by?
(b) Little men.
(c) People who love her.
(d) Unimaginative people.
4. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
5. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A turquoise stud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emil move after the festival?
2. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
3. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter?
4. What does Marie do at the festival?
5. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
2. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
3. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
4. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
5. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
6. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
7. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
8. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
9. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
10. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)