|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
(a) Taken advantage of her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Used her.
(d) Abandoned her.
2. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The train station.
(b) Alexandra's farm.
(c) The store.
(d) The jail.
3. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(b) Warm bread.
(c) Apricot rolls.
4. Where is the warden of the prison from?
5. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) It is failing.
(b) There are more crops than he can handle.
(c) It is prospering.
(d) It is barely feeding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
2. What is flying over the dead lovers?
3. What do people call the area in the winter?
4. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
5. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel during the festival?
2. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
3. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
4. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
5. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
6. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
7. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
8. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
9. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
10. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)