|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(b) The dead.
(c) The pastor.
2. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) If she will ever love him.
(c) When she first realized her mistake.
(d) Why she married Frank.
3. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are both lonely.
(b) They love each other.
(c) They are not young.
(d) They are friends.
4. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In the barn.
(b) Under the mulberry tree.
(c) In the cornfield.
(d) In his bedroom.
5. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
2. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
3. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
4. Who finds the dead lovers?
5. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
2. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
3. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
4. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
5. How does Frank feel during the festival?
6. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
7. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
8. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
9. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
10. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)