|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 years.
2. Whom does Alexandra go to church with during the winter?
3. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Go away.
(d) Make his fortune.
4. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
(a) Only him.
(b) Her happiness.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Their future.
5. What does Emil plan to study when he moves after the festival?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flying over the dead lovers?
2. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
3. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
4. Whom does Emil notice is missing from church after Amedee's death?
5. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
2. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
3. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
4. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
5. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
6. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
7. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
8. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
9. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
10. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)