|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
2. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
(a) A wedding.
3. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her work.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her writing.
4. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Go away.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Make his fortune.
(d) Run away with her.
5. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is flying over the dead lovers?
2. Whom does Alexandra go to church with during the winter?
3. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
4. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
5. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
2. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
3. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
4. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
5. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
6. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
7. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
8. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
9. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
10. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)