|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A turquoise stud.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A sombrero.
2. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Rocks in a chair.
(b) Stays in her room.
(c) Walks around the lake.
(d) Wanders graveyards.
3. What does Frank do when he finds Marie and Emil together?
(a) Strangles them both.
(b) Shoots them.
(c) Whips Emil till he is dead.
(d) Stabs Emil.
4. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
(a) In the city.
(b) At school.
(c) In the country.
(d) With Alexandra.
5. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(c) The governor.
(d) Mrs. Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
2. Whom did Alexandra once spend a perfect afternoon with?
3. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
4. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
5. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
2. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
3. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
4. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
5. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
6. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
7. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
8. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
9. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
10. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)