|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra have a fantasy of?
(a) Living as a nun.
(b) A strong man carrying her.
(c) Being respected as a man.
(d) Having anough money to buy friends.
2. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(a) The governor.
(d) Mrs. Lee.
3. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She were not so pretty.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She were unhappy.
(d) She were not religious.
4. Whom does Alexandra want to visit after Emil's death?
(c) Mrs. Lee.
5. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Run away with her.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Go away.
(d) Make his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
2. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
3. What does Frank do when he finds Marie and Emil together?
4. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
5. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank feel during the festival?
2. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
3. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
4. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
5. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
6. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
7. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
8. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
9. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
10. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)