|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
2. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) The city main street.
(b) By the pond.
(c) Alexandra's land.
(d) The French country.
3. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) His baby.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) Terrible pains.
(d) His wife.
4. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
5. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
2. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
3. What does Marie do at the festival?
4. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
5. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
2. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
3. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
4. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
5. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
6. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
7. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
8. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
9. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
10. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)