|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
(a) A woman.
(d) A severed friendship.
2. What is Marie's expression in death?
3. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
4. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A duck.
(b) A wildcat.
(c) A deer.
(d) An eagle.
5. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
2. Where does Amedee live?
3. Whom did Alexandra once spend a perfect afternoon with?
4. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
5. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
2. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
3. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
4. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
5. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
6. How does Frank feel during the festival?
7. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
8. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
9. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
10. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)