|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Amedee's pain?
(a) A digestive disease.
(b) A ruptured appendix.
(c) A spider bite.
(d) A gangrenous cut.
2. What is Marie's expression in death?
3. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
4. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
5. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
(a) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
2. What does Alexandra have a fantasy of?
3. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
4. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter?
5. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
2. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
3. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
4. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
5. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
6. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
7. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
8. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
9. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
10. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)