|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He caused the death.
(b) He abandoned his sister.
(c) He rarely went to church.
(d) He died in sin.
2. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lincoln Place.
(b) The Lourdon Inn.
(c) The Lamont House.
(d) The Lindell Hotel.
3. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
(a) She is too hardened for luxury.
(b) She built her life there.
(c) She lives for the land.
(d) Emil is buried there.
4. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Killing Emil.
(b) Making Marie unhappy.
(c) Losing his temper.
(d) Leaving Marie alive and in pain.
5. What do people call the area in the winter?
(a) Dead land.
(b) The wasteland.
(c) The Divide.
(d) Iron country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
2. Where was Emil shot?
3. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
4. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
5. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
2. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
3. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
4. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
5. How does Frank feel during the festival?
6. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
7. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
8. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
9. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
10. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)