|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
(a) She built her life there.
(b) She lives for the land.
(c) Emil is buried there.
(d) She is too hardened for luxury.
2. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The store.
(b) The jail.
(c) The train station.
(d) Alexandra's farm.
3. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are both lonely.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are not young.
(d) They love each other.
4. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Make his fortune.
(c) Go away.
(d) Run away with her.
5. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank being held in prison?
2. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
3. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
4. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
5. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
2. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
3. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
4. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
5. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
6. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
7. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
8. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
9. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
10. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)