|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Alexandra's farm.
(b) The train station.
(c) The store.
(d) The jail.
2. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
3. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) The city main street.
(b) Alexandra's land.
(c) By the pond.
(d) The French country.
4. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) Terrible pains.
(b) His baby.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) His wife.
5. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
2. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
3. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
4. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
5. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
2. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
3. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
4. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
5. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
6. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
7. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
8. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
9. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
10. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)