|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) The city main street.
(b) By the pond.
(c) Alexandra's land.
(d) The French country.
2. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) There are more crops than he can handle.
(b) It is prospering.
(c) It is failing.
(d) It is barely feeding them.
3. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
4. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) His baby.
(b) Terrible pains.
(c) His wife.
(d) His lack of sleep.
5. What does Alexandra say will happen if Carl goes away?
(a) He will be unhappy.
(b) He will never come back.
(c) He will find what he is looking for.
(d) He will forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
2. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
3. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
4. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
5. What does Alexandra think is taking all her friends away from her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
2. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
3. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
4. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
5. What does Alexandra say to Carl when he explains why he is going away?
6. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
7. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
8. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
9. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
10. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)