|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter?
(a) He wanted to surprise her.
(b) He did respond--it never got to her.
(c) He didn't know what to write.
(d) He never got it.
2. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) His lack of sleep.
(b) His wife.
(c) His baby.
(d) Terrible pains.
3. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
4. What caused Amedee's pain?
(a) A digestive disease.
(b) A gangrenous cut.
(c) A spider bite.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
5. Where is the warden of the prison from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl describe Alexandra's future when talking to her about it?
2. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
3. What does Marie thank God for after hearing about Amedee's pain?
4. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
5. Where was Emil shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
2. Why does Alexandra feel safe marrying Carl?
3. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
4. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
5. How does Frank feel during the festival?
6. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
7. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
8. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
9. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
10. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)