|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A deer.
(b) A wildcat.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A duck.
2. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(a) The wild duck.
(b) Their father.
(d) The farm.
3. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Rocks in a chair.
(b) Wanders graveyards.
(c) Walks around the lake.
(d) Stays in her room.
4. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) There are more crops than he can handle.
(b) It is prospering.
(c) It is barely feeding them.
(d) It is failing.
5. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A turquoise stud.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A sombrero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emil shot?
2. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
3. Who finds the dead lovers?
4. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
5. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
2. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
3. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
4. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
5. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
6. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
7. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
8. What does Marie say about the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
9. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
10. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)