|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
(a) When she cooks.
(b) When she is tired.
(c) At dusk.
(d) When she sees young lovers.
2. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
(a) The murder.
(b) The rain.
(c) The mystery of it all.
(d) The time of year.
3. What does Emil plan to study when he moves after the festival?
4. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
(a) Emil's horse.
(b) A trail of blood.
(c) The scent.
(d) Scavenger birds.
5. Whom does Emil notice is missing from church after Amedee's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
2. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
3. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
4. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
5. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
2. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
3. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
4. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
5. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
6. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
7. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
8. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
9. What does Alexandra do when she first gets to Lincoln to visit Frank in prison?
10. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)