|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Emil shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the heart.
2. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
3. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The store.
(b) The jail.
(c) The train station.
(d) Alexandra's farm.
4. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who suffer with the land.
(b) The people who earn the land.
(c) The people who love the land.
(d) The people who respect the land.
5. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
2. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
3. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
4. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
5. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
2. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
3. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
4. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
5. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
6. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
7. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
8. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
9. How does Frank feel during the festival?
10. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)