|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
(a) A book.
(b) A painting.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
2. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
(a) They were not meant for this world.
(b) They asked for it.
(c) They were the best.
(d) They tried to hide something.
3. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
(c) The prayer.
(d) The children.
4. Where did Emil spend the winter?
5. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Alexandra's farm.
(b) The store.
(c) The train station.
(d) The jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra say will happen if Carl goes away?
2. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
3. How does Carl describe Alexandra's future when talking to her about it?
4. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
5. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
2. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
3. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
4. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
5. What happened when Emil and Marie were shot?
6. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
7. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
8. What does Marie do when she hears about Amedee's pain?
9. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
10. How does Frank feel during the festival?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)