|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the warden of the prison from?
2. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Run away with her.
(b) Make his fortune.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Go away.
3. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
(a) In the city.
(b) With Alexandra.
(c) At school.
(d) In the country.
4. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) By the pond.
(d) At Alexandra's house.
5. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Stays in her room.
(b) Walks around the lake.
(c) Rocks in a chair.
(d) Wanders graveyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie thank God for after hearing about Amedee's pain?
2. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
3. Where did Emil spend the winter?
4. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
5. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alexandra's fantasy?
2. What caused Amedee's pain and how serious was it?
3. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder, and what does she do to ease this?
4. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
5. What does Emil do after leaving church after Amedee's death?
6. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
7. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
8. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
9. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
10. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)