|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Amedee live?
(a) St. Agnes.
(b) St. Anthony.
(c) St. Amber.
(d) St. Avres.
2. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
3. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(a) The governor.
(c) Mrs. Lee.
4. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
(a) His experience.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His congeniality.
5. What does Marie thank God for after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) That it was not her husband.
(b) That it was not Emil.
(c) That he will live.
(d) That Emil was there to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra want to visit after Emil's death?
2. What caused Amedee's pain?
3. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
4. Whom does Emil say Marie could love?
5. What is Marie's expression in death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the lights go out at the festival?
2. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
3. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
4. Whom does Alexandra say are her only friends?
5. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
6. What does Frank say to Alexandra when she comes to see him in prison?
7. What does Marie ask of Emil after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant, and what is his response?
8. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
9. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
10. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)