|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
(a) They were the best.
(b) They were not meant for this world.
(c) They asked for it.
(d) They tried to hide something.
3. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the cornfield.
(d) Under the mulberry tree.
4. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The fields.
(c) The barn.
(d) The dinner table.
5. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
(a) The rain.
(b) The mystery of it all.
(c) The time of year.
(d) The murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
2. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
3. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
4. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
5. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil ask Alexandra about their grandfather, and what is her response?
2. How does Emil describe Amedee's situation before he leaves for Omaha?
3. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
4. What happens to Amedee when Emil is about to leave for Omaha?
5. What happened to cause Alexandra to harden her heart against Carl?
6. What does Alexandra want for Emil when he leaves after the festival, and why does she see this as impossible at the moment?
7. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
8. What did Frank do when he came home from drinking after Amedee's death?
9. How did Ivar find out about the murders?
10. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)