|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
2. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
3. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) He is ruining the family.
(b) He is a failure.
(c) He wants Alexandra for her money.
(d) He has a bad reputation.
4. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
5. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
(a) He will not leave her alone.
(b) He took her glove.
(c) He shot a duck.
(d) He is not staying for the weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
2. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
3. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
4. What is the name of Amedee's wife?
5. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
2. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
3. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
4. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
5. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
6. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
7. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
8. What caused John's father's disgrace?
9. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
10. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)