|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl hope happens when he dies?
(a) He leaves a legacy.
(b) He is missed.
(c) He is honored.
(d) He is remembered.
2. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
3. What is the name of Emil's best friend?
4. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A thresher.
(c) An irrigation ditch.
(d) A silo.
5. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
2. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
3. Where was Marie raised?
4. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
5. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
2. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
3. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
4. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
5. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
6. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
7. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
8. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
9. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
10. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)