|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does Oscar have?
2. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her warmth.
(c) Her humility.
(d) Her intelligence.
3. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
(a) Buy the abandoned farms.
(b) Sell pieces of their land.
(c) Stay where they are.
(d) Buy strips of river property.
4. What is the name of Marie's new husband?
5. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(a) Amanda Jane.
(b) Annie Lee.
(c) Amy Lou.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
2. Why did Marie's father not like Frank?
3. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
4. What does Carl hope happens when he dies?
5. What is John Bergson's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
2. How is Lou described by the author?
3. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
4. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
5. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
6. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
7. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
8. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
9. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
10. How did Frank and Marie meet?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)