|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) Where Emil is.
(b) How the crop is doing.
(c) Why she has not been working.
(d) When Carl is leaving.
2. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
(a) Salt Lake.
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Antonio.
3. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
(a) He shot a duck.
(b) He is not staying for the weekend.
(c) He will not leave her alone.
(d) He took her glove.
5. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marie's father's name?
2. How many sons does Oscar have?
3. What is the name of Emil's best friend?
4. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
5. What does Ivar live next to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
2. How did Frank and Marie meet?
3. What does Frank think about as he leaves his farm after finding Marie and Emil together?
4. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
5. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
6. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
7. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
8. What does Alexandra give Marie as she leaves the visit with Mrs. Lee?
9. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
10. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)