|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emil say Alexandra would never know how to do?
(a) Move to the city.
(b) Be a friend.
(c) Fall in love.
2. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A kind girl.
(c) A French girl.
(d) A strong girl.
3. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
(a) Work in the fields.
(b) Visit old neighbors.
(c) Walk around the gardens.
4. How many sons does Oscar have?
5. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say his wife misses most?
2. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
3. What is the name of Lou's wife?
4. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
5. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
2. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
4. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
5. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
6. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
7. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
8. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
9. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
10. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)