|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emil say Alexandra would never know how to do?
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Move to the city.
(d) Be a friend.
2. What causes hardship for the first three years after John Bergson's death?
(a) Sick cattle.
3. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
4. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
5. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(b) Piano playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
2. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
3. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
4. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
5. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
2. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
4. How did Frank and Marie meet?
5. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
6. What caused John's father's disgrace?
7. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
8. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
9. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
10. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)