|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marie and Frank get married?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
2. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. What was Marie's father's name?
4. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(a) Her mother.
5. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His skills.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
2. Why did Marie's father not like Frank?
3. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
4. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
5. What is the name of Marie's new husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
2. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
3. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
4. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
5. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
6. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
7. What caused John's father's disgrace?
8. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
9. How is Lou described by the author?
10. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)