|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
2. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
(a) Own a company.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Move away from the farm.
(d) Work in politics.
3. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
4. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
5. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) They followed their father's orders.
(b) The Lord blessed them.
(c) They worked the land.
(d) She had good managment methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
2. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
3. Why is Frank angry with Mrs. Hiller?
4. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
5. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
2. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
3. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
4. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
5. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
6. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
7. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
9. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
10. What caused John's father's disgrace?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)