|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 10 days.
2. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) He wants Alexandra for her money.
(b) He has a bad reputation.
(c) He is ruining the family.
(d) He is a failure.
3. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His success.
(d) His skills.
4. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Made ladies dresses.
(b) Bred horses.
(c) Owned a store.
(d) Built ships.
5. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
3. What is John Bergson's occupation?
4. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
5. What does Ivar live next to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
2. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
3. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
4. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
5. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
6. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
7. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
8. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
9. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
10. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)