|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oscar's wife so ashamed of?
(a) Not having smart children.
(b) Marrying a foreigner.
(c) Being associated with Ivar.
(d) Being uneducated.
2. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to an insane asylum.
(b) Damaging her reputation.
(c) Hurting her during one of his spells.
(d) Getting kicked off his land.
3. Why does Carl like Ivar?
(a) He is interesting to talk to.
(b) He is good with animals.
(c) He says nice things.
(d) He is different than anybody else.
4. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) They followed their father's orders.
(b) The Lord blessed them.
(c) She had good managment methods.
(d) They worked the land.
5. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
2. What does Emil say Alexandra would never know how to do?
3. Why is Frank angry with Mrs. Hiller?
4. Where was Marie raised?
5. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
2. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
3. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
4. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
6. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
7. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
8. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
9. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
10. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)