|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
2. Where did Marie and Frank get married?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The intensity.
(b) The criticism.
(c) The repetition.
(d) The labor.
4. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) He is ruining the family.
(b) He has a bad reputation.
(c) He is a failure.
(d) He wants Alexandra for her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
2. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
3. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
4. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
5. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused John's father's disgrace?
2. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
3. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
4. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
5. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
7. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
8. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
9. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
10. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)