|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) They followed their father's orders.
(b) She had good managment methods.
(c) They worked the land.
(d) The Lord blessed them.
2. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Bred horses.
(b) Owned a store.
(c) Built ships.
(d) Made ladies dresses.
3. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(c) Stable boys.
4. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
5. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
2. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
3. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
4. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
5. How old were Emil and Amedee when they first became friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
2. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
4. What brings Emil joy while at church after Amedee's death and how does he feel about this?
5. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
6. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
7. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
8. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
9. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
10. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)