|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her pretty dress.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her eyes.
2. What is John Bergson's occupation?
3. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
4. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
5. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The labor.
(b) The repetition.
(c) The criticism.
(d) The intensity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
2. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
3. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
4. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
5. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
2. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
3. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
4. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
5. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
6. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
7. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
8. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
9. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
10. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)