|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(a) Piano playing.
2. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) An investor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A lawyer.
4. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
(a) Every 3 days.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
5. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
2. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
3. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
4. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
5. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
2. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
3. What caused John's father's disgrace?
4. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
5. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
6. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
7. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
8. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
9. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
10. How did Frank and Marie meet?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)