|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 years.
2. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(d) Piano playing.
3. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her warmth.
(d) Her humility.
4. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
(c) A convent.
(d) A boarding school.
5. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) In the dead of winter.
(c) After a rain.
(d) At sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
2. How many sons does Oscar have?
3. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
4. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
5. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
2. What does Amedee tell Emil he should do to be happy?
3. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
4. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
5. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
6. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
7. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
8. What does Carl witness between Marie and Emil one morning while walking alone?
9. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
10. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)