|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
2. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) An investor.
(d) A teacher.
3. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
5. Why is Emil afraid of Ivar?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He stares.
(c) He does not speak English.
(d) He howls at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
2. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
3. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
4. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
5. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
2. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
3. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
4. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
5. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
6. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
7. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
8. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
9. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
10. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)