Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(b) Amy Lou.
(c) Annie Lee.
(d) Amanda Jane.
2. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
(a) She is too proud to admit defeat.
(b) She is sure rain is coming.
(c) She knows it will be worth money some day.
(d) She made a promise to her father.
3. What does John say his wife misses most?
(a) The Old Country.
(b) Her dead son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her music.
4. How many sons does Oscar have?
5. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
(b) A convent.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) A boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
2. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
3. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
4. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
5. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
2. What does Marie think about when she sees Frank's old cane?
3. What does Emil tell Alexandra when he and Carl return from the French country?
4. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
5. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
6. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
7. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
8. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
9. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
10. What does Carl say to Alexandra before he leaves her?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)