|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
2. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
(a) Her warmth.
(b) Her humility.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
(a) A carving.
(b) A hammock.
(c) A poultice.
(d) A book.
4. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
(a) Hurting her during one of his spells.
(b) Damaging her reputation.
(c) Being sent to an insane asylum.
(d) Getting kicked off his land.
5. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
2. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
3. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
4. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
5. Why does Carl like Ivar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
2. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
3. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
4. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
5. How did Frank and Marie meet?
6. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
7. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
8. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
9. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
10. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)