|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
2. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
(b) Visit old neighbors.
(c) Work in the fields.
(d) Walk around the gardens.
3. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
4. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Owned a store.
(b) Made ladies dresses.
(c) Built ships.
(d) Bred horses.
5. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her pretty dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Amedee's wife?
2. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
3. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
4. How much time passes between Part 1 and Part 2 of this book?
5. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
2. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
3. Why does Alexandra not mind housing Ivar?
4. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter to him?
5. How did Frank and Marie meet?
6. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
7. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
8. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
9. What is the common view of Emil in Part 2, and why is this so surprising?
10. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)