|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(d) Stable boys.
2. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
4. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
5. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
(a) Sell pieces of their land.
(b) Stay where they are.
(c) Buy strips of river property.
(d) Buy the abandoned farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Oscar have?
2. What does Emil say Alexandra would never know how to do?
3. Where was Marie raised?
4. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
5. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
2. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
3. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
4. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
5. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
6. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
7. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
8. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
9. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
10. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)