|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
2. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. How many sons does Oscar have?
4. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
(a) A convent.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
5. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
(a) Determined and motivated.
(b) Kind and intelligent.
(c) Loyal and intense.
(d) Urban and smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marie's father's name?
2. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
3. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
4. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
5. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
2. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
3. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
4. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
5. What caused John's father's disgrace?
6. What does the author compare Emil and Amedee to while Emil is visiting Amedee and his new wife?
7. What is Frank upset about when he comes home while Carl and Alexandra are visiting?
8. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
9. What does Carl say to Alexandra about Marie during their visit?
10. What does Alexandra say about her family when her farm hands criticize them for disagreeing with her?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)