|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
2. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
3. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
(a) A French girl.
(b) A kind girl.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A strong girl.
4. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
5. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say his wife misses most?
2. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
3. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
4. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
5. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
2. How did Frank and Marie meet?
3. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
4. What question does Alexandra ask Ivar about her hogs, and what is his response?
5. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
6. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
7. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
8. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
9. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
10. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)