|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say his wife misses most?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The Old Country.
(c) Her dead son.
(d) Her music.
2. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
3. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
(a) A tobacco plant.
(b) A shipyard.
(c) A horse ranch.
(d) A poultry hatchery.
4. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
(b) The Devil.
5. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
2. What is the name of Amedee's wife?
3. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
4. Who asks Emil to talk at the upcoming dance in Part 2?
5. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
3. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
4. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
5. What do Alexandra's brothers say about Carl as they leave the family dinner?
6. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
7. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
8. What does Emil think of Ivar's cave?
9. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
10. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)