|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alexandra feel when she returns home after looking at the riverside property?
2. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
(a) A poultice.
(b) A book.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A carving.
3. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
(a) The marriage of his old beau.
(b) The new president.
(c) A rich man's divorce.
(d) The falling price of crops.
4. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In the city.
(b) On a farm.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In an orphanage.
5. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Own a company.
(c) Work in politics.
(d) Move away from the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
2. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
3. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
4. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
5. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lou and Oscar say to Alexandra about Carl while he is visiting the French country?
2. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. What does Marie tell Emil to do in order to get what he desires from life, and what does he reply to this suggestion?
4. What kind of hardships has John Bergson faced in his attempts at farming?
5. What does Carl do to cheer Alexandria up when she returns home at the beginning of the book?
6. What caused John's father's disgrace?
7. How do Carl and Alexandra spend their days while Carl is visiting?
8. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
9. How did Frank and Marie meet?
10. What does Alexandra say to her mother to calm her fears about losing her farm?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)