|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is very cold.
(b) He cannot find his mother.
(c) His kitten ran up a telegraph pole.
(d) He dropped his ice cream.
2. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 15 days.
3. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(b) Her mother.
4. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
5. What is John Bergson's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
2. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
3. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
4. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
5. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marie's father not like Frank, and what did he do to get her to stop seeing Frank?
2. Why do Lou and Oscar take credit for the success of the farm?
3. How does Carl tell Alexandra he feels about his life?
4. What makes Frank furious when he reads the newspaper in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What does Alexandra tell Carl is the key to her success with the land?
6. How has Alexandra's plan come to fruition at the beginning of Part 2?
7. What happens when Alexandra sees Carl in the garden?
8. What does Alexandra do while looking at the riverside property?
9. What does Alexandra decide to do after looking at the riverside property?
10. What does Alexandria tell Carl when she meets him in town at the beginning of the book, and how does he respond?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)