|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
(c) The prayer.
(d) The children.
2. What is flying over the dead lovers?
3. What does Alexandra think is taking all her friends away from her?
(a) Her strange ideas.
(b) Her convictions.
(c) Her prosperity.
(d) Her age.
4. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
5. Who finds the dead lovers?
6. What does Frank do when he finds Marie and Emil together?
(a) Whips Emil till he is dead.
(b) Shoots them.
(c) Stabs Emil.
(d) Strangles them both.
7. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Wanders graveyards.
(b) Walks around the lake.
(c) Stays in her room.
(d) Rocks in a chair.
8. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
9. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
10. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
(a) Emil's horse.
(b) The scent.
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Scavenger birds.
11. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
(a) Her work.
(b) Her writing.
(c) Her prayers.
(d) Her cooking.
12. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
(a) A hat.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A book.
(d) A painting.
13. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are both lonely.
(c) They are not young.
(d) They love each other.
14. What caused Amedee's pain?
(a) A ruptured appendix.
(b) A spider bite.
(c) A gangrenous cut.
(d) A digestive disease.
15. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
2. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
3. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
4. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
5. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)