|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
2. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A sombrero.
(b) A turquoise stud.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A silk scarf.
3. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
(c) Introverting himself.
4. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 years.
5. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
(a) Betrayed her.
(b) Used her.
(c) Abandoned her.
(d) Taken advantage of her.
6. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Walks around the lake.
(b) Wanders graveyards.
(c) Stays in her room.
(d) Rocks in a chair.
7. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Killing Emil.
(b) Making Marie unhappy.
(c) Leaving Marie alive and in pain.
(d) Losing his temper.
8. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) If she will ever love him.
(c) Why she married Frank.
(d) When she first realized her mistake.
9. What does Marie do at the festival?
(b) Take tickets.
(c) Tell fortunes.
(d) Sing songs.
10. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
(c) The children.
(d) The prayer.
11. What does Emil give to Marie when the lights go out?
(a) A handful of studs.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A scarf.
12. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
(a) A book.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
(d) A painting.
13. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She were unhappy.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She were not religious.
(d) She were not so pretty.
14. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) It is barely feeding them.
(b) It is prospering.
(c) There are more crops than he can handle.
(d) It is failing.
15. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
(a) They tried to hide something.
(b) They asked for it.
(c) They were not meant for this world.
(d) They were the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
2. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
3. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
4. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
5. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)