|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lamont House.
(b) The Lincoln Place.
(c) The Lourdon Inn.
(d) The Lindell Hotel.
2. Where did Emil spend the winter?
3. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
4. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
5. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
(d) Introverting himself.
6. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Does a dance.
(c) Says a prayer.
(d) Reads an essay.
7. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
(a) A feather.
(b) Her pain.
(c) A rock.
(d) Emil's letters.
8. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She were not religious.
(c) She were not so pretty.
(d) She were unhappy.
9. Where was Emil shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the stomach.
10. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Walks around the lake.
(b) Stays in her room.
(c) Wanders graveyards.
(d) Rocks in a chair.
11. Who finds the dead lovers?
12. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who love the land.
(b) The people who suffer with the land.
(c) The people who respect the land.
(d) The people who earn the land.
13. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
14. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(a) The farm.
(b) The wild duck.
(c) Their father.
15. Where does Amedee live?
(a) St. Agnes.
(b) St. Avres.
(c) St. Anthony.
(d) St. Amber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
2. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
3. What does Carl say Alexandra will always be surrounded by?
4. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
5. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)