|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
(d) Introverting himself.
2. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
3. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
(a) The time of year.
(b) The mystery of it all.
(c) The rain.
(d) The murder.
4. Whom does Alexandra go to church with during the winter?
5. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
6. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are both lonely.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They love each other.
(d) They are not young.
7. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) Alexandra's land.
(b) The French country.
(c) By the pond.
(d) The city main street.
8. Where did Emil spend the winter?
9. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
10. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) It is barely feeding them.
(b) There are more crops than he can handle.
(c) It is prospering.
(d) It is failing.
11. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
(a) Emil's horse.
(b) The scent.
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Scavenger birds.
12. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
13. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She were not religious.
(b) She were not so pretty.
(c) She were unhappy.
(d) She loved him.
14. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
15. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) By the pond.
(c) At Alexandra's house.
(d) In the graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
2. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
3. What does Alexandra promise to do for Frank when she visits him in prison?
4. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
5. What is flying over the dead lovers?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)