|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
2. What is flying over the dead lovers?
3. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) At Alexandra's house.
(b) Under the mulberry tree.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) By the pond.
4. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They are both lonely.
(c) They are not young.
(d) They are friends.
5. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
6. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) It is failing.
(b) It is prospering.
(c) There are more crops than he can handle.
(d) It is barely feeding them.
7. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lincoln Place.
(b) The Lindell Hotel.
(c) The Lamont House.
(d) The Lourdon Inn.
8. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Run away with her.
(b) Go away.
(c) Make his fortune.
(d) Forgive her.
9. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Stays in her room.
(b) Rocks in a chair.
(c) Wanders graveyards.
(d) Walks around the lake.
10. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
11. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who suffer with the land.
(b) The people who respect the land.
(c) The people who love the land.
(d) The people who earn the land.
12. What does Alexandra think is taking all her friends away from her?
(a) Her convictions.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her prosperity.
(d) Her strange ideas.
13. Where did Emil spend the winter?
14. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
15. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the cornfield.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) Under the mulberry tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
2. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
3. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
4. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
5. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)