|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
2. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter?
(a) He wanted to surprise her.
(b) He never got it.
(c) He didn't know what to write.
(d) He did respond--it never got to her.
3. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(b) Apricot rolls.
(d) Warm bread.
4. Where did Emil spend the winter?
5. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who love the land.
(b) The people who respect the land.
(c) The people who suffer with the land.
(d) The people who earn the land.
6. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Salt Lake.
7. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(b) The governor.
(c) Mrs. Lee.
8. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
9. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
(a) She is too hardened for luxury.
(b) Emil is buried there.
(c) She built her life there.
(d) She lives for the land.
10. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Leaving Marie alive and in pain.
(b) Killing Emil.
(c) Making Marie unhappy.
(d) Losing his temper.
11. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
12. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) Why she married Frank.
(c) When she first realized her mistake.
(d) If she will ever love him.
13. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
(a) There are more crops than he can handle.
(b) It is prospering.
(c) It is failing.
(d) It is barely feeding them.
14. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(c) The pastor.
(d) The dead.
15. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
(a) Emil's horse.
(b) The scent.
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Scavenger birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emil shot?
2. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
3. What does Alexandra promise to do for Frank when she visits him in prison?
4. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
5. What does Alexandra have a fantasy of?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)