|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(a) Apricot rolls.
(b) Warm bread.
2. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
3. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
(b) His wife.
(c) His farm hands.
(d) His cousins.
4. What is flying over the dead lovers?
5. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
6. Whom does Alexandra want to visit after Emil's death?
(d) Mrs. Lee.
7. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
8. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
(c) A wedding.
9. Where does Amedee live?
(a) St. Agnes.
(b) St. Amber.
(c) St. Avres.
(d) St. Anthony.
10. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find someone to love.
(b) To give her freedom.
(c) To find freedom for himself.
(d) To prove himself.
11. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Make his fortune.
(d) Go away.
12. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
(a) His experience.
(b) His freedom.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His congeniality.
13. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
14. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) Terrible pains.
(b) His wife.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) His baby.
15. What does Marie thank God for after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) That Emil was there to help.
(b) That it was not Emil.
(c) That he will live.
(d) That it was not her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say Alexandra will always be surrounded by?
2. What is Marie's expression in death?
3. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
4. What does Alexandra think is taking all her friends away from her?
5. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)