|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(b) Their father.
(c) The farm.
(d) The wild duck.
2. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
(a) With Alexandra.
(b) In the country.
(c) In the city.
(d) At school.
3. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He died in sin.
(b) He rarely went to church.
(c) He abandoned his sister.
(d) He caused the death.
4. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A deer.
(d) A duck.
5. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She were unhappy.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She were not religious.
(d) She were not so pretty.
6. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(a) Warm bread.
(d) Apricot rolls.
7. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
8. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
9. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the cornfield.
(c) Under the mulberry tree.
(d) In the barn.
10. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
11. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her writing.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her cooking.
12. Where is Frank being held in prison?
13. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
14. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The train station.
(b) The store.
(c) The jail.
(d) Alexandra's farm.
15. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
(a) A severed friendship.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
2. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
3. Who finds the dead lovers?
4. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
5. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)