|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
2. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) Terrible pains.
(b) His baby.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) His wife.
3. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
(c) A severed friendship.
(d) A woman.
4. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
5. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
6. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Wanders graveyards.
(b) Walks around the lake.
(c) Rocks in a chair.
(d) Stays in her room.
7. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lamont House.
(b) The Lincoln Place.
(c) The Lindell Hotel.
(d) The Lourdon Inn.
8. What does Marie do at the festival?
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Take tickets.
(d) Tell fortunes.
9. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 4:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
10. What does Frank do when he finds Marie and Emil together?
(a) Strangles them both.
(b) Shoots them.
(c) Stabs Emil.
(d) Whips Emil till he is dead.
11. Whom does Alexandra want to visit after Emil's death?
(a) Mrs. Lee.
12. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
13. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
(a) Abandoned her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Used her.
(d) Taken advantage of her.
14. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find freedom for himself.
(b) To prove himself.
(c) To give her freedom.
(d) To find someone to love.
15. Where is Frank being held in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
2. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
3. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
4. Where did Emil spend the winter?
5. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)