|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(a) Their father.
(b) The wild duck.
(d) The farm.
2. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
3. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Losing his temper.
(b) Making Marie unhappy.
(c) Leaving Marie alive and in pain.
(d) Killing Emil.
4. What does Alexandra have a fantasy of?
(a) Being respected as a man.
(b) Having anough money to buy friends.
(c) A strong man carrying her.
(d) Living as a nun.
5. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
(a) When she is tired.
(b) At dusk.
(c) When she cooks.
(d) When she sees young lovers.
6. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
(a) The time of year.
(b) The rain.
(c) The mystery of it all.
(d) The murder.
7. What caused Amedee's pain?
(a) A gangrenous cut.
(b) A digestive disease.
(c) A spider bite.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
8. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the cornfield.
(d) Under the mulberry tree.
9. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
(d) A wedding.
10. What is Marie's expression in death?
11. Whom does Alexandra go to church with during the winter?
12. Who tells Emil about Amedee's death?
13. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The store.
(b) The train station.
(c) Alexandra's farm.
(d) The jail.
14. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) At Alexandra's house.
(c) By the pond.
(d) In the graveyard.
15. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) Alexandra's land.
(b) By the pond.
(c) The city main street.
(d) The French country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie make for Emil during the winter?
2. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
3. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
4. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
5. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)