|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
(a) Abandoned her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Used her.
(d) Taken advantage of her.
2. Where was Emil shot?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the heart.
3. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
4. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
5. Whom does Emil say Marie could love?
(c) Anyone with money.
(d) Many men.
6. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
7. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Rocks in a chair.
(b) Walks around the lake.
(c) Stays in her room.
(d) Wanders graveyards.
8. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A turquoise stud.
(d) A diamond ring.
9. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
10. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
11. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lamont House.
(b) The Lindell Hotel.
(c) The Lincoln Place.
(d) The Lourdon Inn.
12. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(a) Warm bread.
(c) Apricot rolls.
13. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) When she first realized her mistake.
(b) If she will ever love him.
(c) Why she married Frank.
(d) If she is happy.
14. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) Washington D.C.
15. Where is Frank being held in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amedee live?
2. What does Alexandra say will happen if Carl goes away?
3. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
4. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
5. Where is the warden of the prison from?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)