|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
2. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
3. Who tells Alexandra that Lous and Oscar are talking to Carl?
4. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
5. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(a) The wild duck.
(b) Their father.
(c) The farm.
6. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Salt Lake.
7. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
(a) A feather.
(b) Emil's letters.
(c) A rock.
(d) Her pain.
8. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
(a) Says a prayer.
(b) Reads an essay.
(c) Does a dance.
(d) Sings a song.
9. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He rarely went to church.
(b) He abandoned his sister.
(c) He caused the death.
(d) He died in sin.
10. What do people call the area in the winter?
(a) Iron country.
(b) The wasteland.
(c) Dead land.
(d) The Divide.
11. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A deer.
(d) A duck.
12. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
13. What does Marie find that reminds her of the old Frank?
(a) A picture.
(b) A hat.
(c) A cane.
(d) A book.
14. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) Under the mulberry tree.
(d) In the cornfield.
15. Where did Emil spend the winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra promise to do for Frank when she visits him in prison?
2. What does Carl say Alexandra will always be surrounded by?
3. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
4. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
5. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)