|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
2. Where did Emil spend the winter?
3. Why did Carl never respond to Alexandra's letter?
(a) He never got it.
(b) He didn't know what to write.
(c) He did respond--it never got to her.
(d) He wanted to surprise her.
4. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) Alexandra's land.
(b) By the pond.
(c) The city main street.
(d) The French country.
5. Whom does Emil say Marie could love?
(c) Many men.
(d) Anyone with money.
6. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
7. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
(b) A woman.
(d) A severed friendship.
8. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
(a) Her pain.
(b) A feather.
(c) A rock.
(d) Emil's letters.
9. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Go away.
(d) Make his fortune.
10. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
11. Whom does Emil notice is missing from church after Amedee's death?
12. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) The pastor.
(d) The dead.
13. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
14. What is the name of the hotel Alexandra stays in when she goes to see Frank in prison?
(a) The Lourdon Inn.
(b) The Lamont House.
(c) The Lincoln Place.
(d) The Lindell Hotel.
15. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
(a) 4:00 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say Alexandra will always be surrounded by?
2. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
3. What does Emil plan to study when he moves after the festival?
4. What does Alexandra promise to do for Frank when she visits him in prison?
5. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)