|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Amedee's pain?
(a) A digestive disease.
(b) A spider bite.
(c) A gangrenous cut.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
2. Where did Emil spend the winter?
3. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He abandoned his sister.
(b) He died in sin.
(c) He caused the death.
(d) He rarely went to church.
4. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
5. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) By the pond.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) At Alexandra's house.
(d) Under the mulberry tree.
6. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(a) Apricot rolls.
(c) Warm bread.
7. Whom did Alexandra once spend a perfect afternoon with?
8. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
(a) The mystery of it all.
(b) The rain.
(c) The murder.
(d) The time of year.
9. Who finds the dead lovers?
10. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To prove himself.
(b) To find someone to love.
(c) To give her freedom.
(d) To find freedom for himself.
11. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) A deer.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A duck.
12. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(b) Mrs. Lee.
(d) The governor.
13. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The train station.
(b) The jail.
(c) The store.
(d) Alexandra's farm.
14. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
15. Who tells Emil about Amedee's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra say she puts all of her personality into?
2. How does Carl describe Alexandra's future when talking to her about it?
3. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
4. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
5. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)