|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
2. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
3. Where does Amedee live?
(a) St. Anthony.
(b) St. Amber.
(c) St. Agnes.
(d) St. Avres.
4. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who love the land.
(b) The people who earn the land.
(c) The people who suffer with the land.
(d) The people who respect the land.
5. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
(c) Introverting himself.
6. Whom does Oscar blame for Emil's death?
7. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) The train station.
(b) Alexandra's farm.
(c) The store.
(d) The jail.
8. What is scheduled in the church after Amedee's death?
(d) A wedding.
9. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
(a) His wife.
(b) His farm hands.
(c) His cousins.
10. What does Alexandra say will happen if Carl goes away?
(a) He will find what he is looking for.
(b) He will be unhappy.
(c) He will forget about her.
(d) He will never come back.
11. What does Emil plan to study when he moves after the festival?
12. Where did Emil spend the winter?
13. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) At Alexandra's house.
(b) By the pond.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) Under the mulberry tree.
14. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
(a) She is too hardened for luxury.
(b) She lives for the land.
(c) Emil is buried there.
(d) She built her life there.
15. How does Carl describe Alexandra's future when talking to her about it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Amedee's farm doing just before Emil leaves for Omaha?
2. What does Alexandra say makes her mourning harder?
3. Where was Emil shot?
4. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
5. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)