|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
(a) At dusk.
(b) When she sees young lovers.
(c) When she cooks.
(d) When she is tired.
2. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Alexandra's farm.
(b) The jail.
(c) The train station.
(d) The store.
3. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
4. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
6. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
7. What does Marie do at the festival?
(a) Sing songs.
(c) Tell fortunes.
(d) Take tickets.
8. Who finds the dead lovers?
9. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Forgive her.
(b) Run away with her.
(c) Make his fortune.
(d) Go away.
10. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find someone to love.
(b) To prove himself.
(c) To give her freedom.
(d) To find freedom for himself.
11. How long has Frank known that Marie did not love him anymore?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
12. Where is Frank being held in prison?
13. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She were unhappy.
(c) She were not religious.
(d) She were not so pretty.
14. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
15. How does Carl describe Alexandra's future when talking to her about it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Emil leave the church after Amedee's death?
2. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
3. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
4. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
5. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)