|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Frank doing all day when he came home to find Emil's horse in his stable?
2. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Salt Lake.
3. Whom does Alexandra go to church with during the winter?
4. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(b) Their father.
(c) The wild duck.
(d) The farm.
5. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
(a) Emil's letters.
(b) A feather.
(c) Her pain.
(d) A rock.
6. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find someone to love.
(b) To find freedom for himself.
(c) To prove himself.
(d) To give her freedom.
7. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are not young.
(b) They are both lonely.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They love each other.
8. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(a) The governor.
(d) Mrs. Lee.
9. What does Amedee complain about while talking to Emil before he moves to Omaha?
(a) His wife.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) His baby.
(d) Terrible pains.
10. Whom does Emil say Marie could love?
(c) Anyone with money.
(d) Many men.
11. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 1:00 p.m.
12. Where does Emil find Marie after going to church after Amedee's death?
(a) At Alexandra's house.
(b) Under the mulberry tree.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) By the pond.
13. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) Why she married Frank.
(b) When she first realized her mistake.
(c) If she will ever love him.
(d) If she is happy.
14. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) The barn.
(c) The fields.
(d) The front porch.
15. Where is Frank being held in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
2. What is flying over the dead lovers?
3. What does Marie do at the festival?
4. What is Marie's expression in death?
5. What does Marie ask Emil to do for her after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)