|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emil move after the festival?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. What do Alexandra and Emil talk about after the festival as Emil prepares to move?
(b) The farm.
(c) The wild duck.
(d) Their father.
3. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His congeniality.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His experience.
4. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
(a) Their future.
(b) Her happiness.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Only him.
5. What does Alexandra promise to do for Frank when she visits him in prison?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Visit him.
(d) Watch him hang.
6. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To find freedom for himself.
(b) To find someone to love.
(c) To prove himself.
(d) To give her freedom.
7. Where does Amedee live?
(a) St. Amber.
(b) St. Anthony.
(c) St. Agnes.
(d) St. Avres.
8. Who tells Alexandra about Emil's death?
9. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They love each other.
(b) They are not young.
(c) They are both lonely.
(d) They are friends.
10. What does Emil give to Marie when the lights go out?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A handful of studs.
11. Who finds the dead lovers?
12. How does Marie describe the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
13. What does Frank feel guilty about while riding away after finding Marie and Emil together?
(a) Leaving Marie alive and in pain.
(b) Losing his temper.
(c) Killing Emil.
(d) Making Marie unhappy.
14. Whom does Ivar say will comfort Alexandra after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) The pastor.
(d) The dead.
15. What does Emil give for the auction at the festival?
(a) A turquoise stud.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A sombrero.
(d) A silk scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
2. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
3. When does Alexandra think of her fantasy?
4. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
5. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)