|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexandra see on her perfect afternoon?
(a) A deer.
(b) A duck.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A wildcat.
2. What strange thing does Marie consider a treasure?
(a) Emil's letters.
(b) Her pain.
(c) A feather.
(d) A rock.
3. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He died in sin.
(b) He caused the death.
(c) He rarely went to church.
(d) He abandoned his sister.
4. Who helps put Amedee in bed after he collapses?
5. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
6. What does Frank wish about Marie at the festival?
(a) She loved him.
(b) She were not religious.
(c) She were unhappy.
(d) She were not so pretty.
7. Who tells Alexandra that Lous and Oscar are talking to Carl?
8. Why does Carl say Marie and Emil were the ones to die?
(a) They were the best.
(b) They were not meant for this world.
(c) They tried to hide something.
(d) They asked for it.
9. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
(a) Does a dance.
(b) Reads an essay.
(c) Says a prayer.
(d) Sings a song.
10. What does Frank take with him when he goes searching for Emil and Marie?
(a) A whip.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His pistol.
(d) An axe.
11. What does Emil say Lou and Oscar are jealous of Carl for?
(a) His congeniality.
(b) His experience.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His freedom.
12. How does Alexandra describe her personal life?
13. What does Emil plan to study when he moves after the festival?
14. Who finds the dead lovers?
15. Whom does Alexandra say made her grandfather crooked?
(b) A severed friendship.
(c) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexandra tell Carl she feels Emil has done to her?
2. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
3. What is the name of the man who marries Alexandra's personal servant?
4. Whom does Alexandra blame most for the murders?
5. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)