|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emil talk with Amedee before leaving for Omaha?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The dinner table.
(c) The fields.
(d) The barn.
2. How many teeth does Annie Lee's mother have?
3. What does Alexandra say will happen if Carl goes away?
(a) He will be unhappy.
(b) He will find what he is looking for.
(c) He will never come back.
(d) He will forget about her.
4. What does Emil ask Marie after the wedding of Alexandra's personal servant?
(a) If she is happy.
(b) When she first realized her mistake.
(c) Why she married Frank.
(d) If she will ever love him.
5. Whom does Emil notice is missing from church after Amedee's death?
6. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
(a) In the city.
(b) In the country.
(c) At school.
(d) With Alexandra.
7. What does Marie do at the festival?
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Take tickets.
(d) Tell fortunes.
8. What does Emil give to Marie when the lights go out?
(a) A handful of studs.
(b) A ring.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A letter.
9. What led someone to find the dead lovers?
(a) Scavenger birds.
(b) The scent.
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Emil's horse.
10. What does Emil do at the end of the festival?
(a) Does a dance.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Reads an essay.
(d) Says a prayer.
11. Who tells Emil about Amedee's death?
12. Whom did Alexandra write to after Emil's murder?
(a) Mrs. Lee.
(d) The governor.
13. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He caused the death.
(b) He rarely went to church.
(c) He abandoned his sister.
(d) He died in sin.
14. Who tells Alexandra that Lous and Oscar are talking to Carl?
15. Where was Emil shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alexandra's personal servant?
2. At church, what does Emil feel rapture in after Amedee's death?
3. What is Marie's expression in death?
4. What do people call the area in the winter?
5. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)