|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexandra feel safe in marrying Carl?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They love each other.
(c) They are not young.
(d) They are both lonely.
2. Whom does Marie wish she had heard the news of Amedee's pain from?
3. Why does Ivar not think Emil is in paradise after his death?
(a) He died in sin.
(b) He caused the death.
(c) He rarely went to church.
(d) He abandoned his sister.
4. Where does Emil NOT want to spend the next winter?
(a) In the city.
(b) With Alexandra.
(c) At school.
(d) In the country.
5. What does Alexandra want Emil to stop doing after the festival?
(c) Introverting himself.
6. Whom does Alexandra say are the only people who truly own land?
(a) The people who love the land.
(b) The people who respect the land.
(c) The people who suffer with the land.
(d) The people who earn the land.
7. Why will Alexandra never permanently leave the Divide?
(a) Emil is buried there.
(b) She is too hardened for luxury.
(c) She built her life there.
(d) She lives for the land.
8. What does Alexandra do after the deaths of Marie and Emil?
(a) Wanders graveyards.
(b) Walks around the lake.
(c) Stays in her room.
(d) Rocks in a chair.
9. Where does Frank find Marie and Emil together?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) Under the mulberry tree.
(d) In the cornfield.
10. How does Alexandra describe Lou and Oscar before Emil leaves after the festival?
11. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
(a) Only him.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) Their future.
12. Where did Emil spend the winter?
13. What is Marie eating when she begins to cry?
(c) Apricot rolls.
(d) Warm bread.
14. What is flying over the dead lovers?
15. Where does Marie go walking after hearing about Amedee's pain?
(a) By the pond.
(b) The French country.
(c) Alexandra's land.
(d) The city main street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supports Amedee when he collapses?
2. What time is the mass on the day of Amedee's death?
3. Whom does Emil say Marie could love?
4. What does Frank do when he finds Marie and Emil together?
5. Where does Frank ride after finding Marie and Emil together?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)