|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
2. What kind of girl does Amedee tell Carl to marry?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A strong girl.
(c) A French girl.
(d) A kind girl.
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A judge.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An investor.
4. What is Marie doing when she hears Emil's scythe?
(a) Milking cows.
(b) Collecting eggs.
(c) Churning butter.
(d) Weeding the garden.
5. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
(a) His father owned that land.
(b) He likes living alone.
(c) He was forced out of town.
(d) He has no money.
6. Why is Emil afraid of Ivar?
(a) He stares.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He howls at night.
(d) He does not speak English.
7. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
(a) Determined and motivated.
(b) Urban and smart.
(c) Kind and intelligent.
(d) Loyal and intense.
8. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
(a) Salt Lake.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) New York.
9. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(a) Stable boys.
10. What causes hardship for the first three years after John Bergson's death?
(d) Sick cattle.
11. Who asks Emil to talk at the upcoming dance in Part 2?
12. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He was always sad.
(b) He worked hard.
(c) He seemed perpetually confused.
(d) He likes to draw.
13. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
(a) Work in politics.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Move away from the farm.
(d) Own a company.
14. What does Ivar read in his house?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Sear's Catalogue.
(c) An astronomy guide.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
15. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does John Bergson say is his most intelligent child?
2. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
3. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
4. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
5. Where did Marie and Frank get married?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)