|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His skills.
(b) His success.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His happiness.
2. Whom does John Bergson say is his most intelligent child?
3. What does Ivar read in his house?
(a) The Farmer's Almanac.
(b) An astronomy guide.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Sear's Catalogue.
4. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
5. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
6. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
(a) Getting kicked off his land.
(b) Being sent to an insane asylum.
(c) Damaging her reputation.
(d) Hurting her during one of his spells.
7. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
8. What is the name of Marie's new husband?
9. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
10. What is Marie doing when she hears Emil's scythe?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(b) Collecting eggs.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Churning butter.
11. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
(a) Every 3 days.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
12. What kind of man was Marie's father?
13. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
14. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In the city.
(b) In Europe.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In an orphanage.
15. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
(a) At sunrise.
(b) After a rain.
(c) At sunset.
(d) In the dead of winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
2. Why does Carl like Ivar?
3. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
4. What does Lou say Alexandra has never done?
5. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)