|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivar read in his house?
(a) The Bible.
(b) An astronomy guide.
(c) The Sear's Catalogue.
(d) The Farmer's Almanac.
2. What does Emil say Alexandra would never know how to do?
(a) Move to the city.
(b) Be a friend.
(c) Fall in love.
3. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
4. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He was always sad.
(b) He seemed perpetually confused.
(c) He worked hard.
(d) He likes to draw.
5. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
6. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) He wants Alexandra for her money.
(b) He has a bad reputation.
(c) He is a failure.
(d) He is ruining the family.
7. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
8. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A convent.
(d) Her grandmother's house.
9. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
(a) She is too proud to admit defeat.
(b) She is sure rain is coming.
(c) She made a promise to her father.
(d) She knows it will be worth money some day.
10. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Bred horses.
(b) Built ships.
(c) Owned a store.
(d) Made ladies dresses.
11. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
(a) A poultice.
(b) A carving.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A book.
12. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
13. What causes hardship for the first three years after John Bergson's death?
(b) Sick cattle.
14. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
15. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
2. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
3. Why is Frank angry with Mrs. Hiller?
4. How does Alexandra feel when she returns home after looking at the riverside property?
5. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)