|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
2. How much time passes between Part 1 and Part 2 of this book?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
(a) A poultice.
(b) A book.
(c) A carving.
(d) A hammock.
4. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
5. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her pretty dress.
6. What kind of man was Marie's father?
7. How many sons does Oscar have?
8. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
(a) At Alexandra's barn.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) Under the mulberry tree.
(d) In the cornfield.
9. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) Why she has not been working.
(b) When Carl is leaving.
(c) Where Emil is.
(d) How the crop is doing.
10. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
11. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
(a) Urban and smart.
(b) Kind and intelligent.
(c) Loyal and intense.
(d) Determined and motivated.
12. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
13. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An investor.
(d) A judge.
14. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
15. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
(a) He likes living alone.
(b) His father owned that land.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He was forced out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Emil's best friend?
2. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
3. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
4. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
5. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)