|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
(a) Sell pieces of their land.
(b) Stay where they are.
(c) Buy strips of river property.
(d) Buy the abandoned farms.
2. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
(a) The falling price of crops.
(b) A rich man's divorce.
(c) The new president.
(d) The marriage of his old beau.
3. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
4. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
(b) The Devil.
5. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
6. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her warmth.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her humility.
7. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(d) Stable boys.
8. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
9. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) In the cornfield.
(d) At Alexandra's barn.
10. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
(a) A windmill.
(b) An irrigation ditch.
(c) A silo.
(d) A thresher.
11. Why did Marie's father not like Frank?
(a) He abandoned his mother.
(b) He didn't respect women.
(c) He wanted to be a farmer.
(d) He was ignorant of foreign relations.
12. What is Barney Flinn's occupation?
13. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
(a) Sell her butter.
(b) Keep a garden.
(d) Walk at night.
14. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) How the crop is doing.
(b) Why she has not been working.
(c) Where Emil is.
(d) When Carl is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
2. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
4. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
5. Who asks Emil to talk at the upcoming dance in Part 2?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)