|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
(a) The Devil.
2. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(c) Stable boys.
3. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
4. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
5. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
(a) He will not leave her alone.
(b) He is not staying for the weekend.
(c) He took her glove.
(d) He shot a duck.
6. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
7. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is very cold.
(b) He dropped his ice cream.
(c) His kitten ran up a telegraph pole.
(d) He cannot find his mother.
8. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) They followed their father's orders.
(b) The Lord blessed them.
(c) They worked the land.
(d) She had good managment methods.
9. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
(a) A windmill.
(b) An irrigation ditch.
(c) A thresher.
(d) A silo.
11. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
12. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
13. What does John say his wife misses most?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her music.
(c) Her dead son.
(d) The Old Country.
14. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
15. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
2. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
3. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
4. What is John Bergson's occupation?
5. How old were Emil and Amedee when they first became friends?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)