|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
2. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
3. What is Oscar's wife so ashamed of?
(a) Not having smart children.
(b) Being uneducated.
(c) Being associated with Ivar.
(d) Marrying a foreigner.
4. Why did Marie's father not like Frank?
(a) He didn't respect women.
(b) He was ignorant of foreign relations.
(c) He abandoned his mother.
(d) He wanted to be a farmer.
5. What is the name of Amedee's wife?
6. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every 3 days.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
7. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
8. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The intensity.
(b) The repetition.
(c) The criticism.
(d) The labor.
9. Why is Frank angry with Mrs. Hiller?
(a) She hasn't mended the fences.
(b) Her rent is late.
(c) Her cows got out.
(d) She hit his dog with her car.
10. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
11. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(b) Her mother.
12. Why is Emil afraid of Ivar?
(a) He stares.
(b) He does not speak English.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He howls at night.
13. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(a) Amy Lou.
(b) Amanda Jane.
(d) Annie Lee.
14. What does John say his wife misses most?
(a) Her music.
(b) Her dead son.
(c) The Old Country.
(d) Her mother.
15. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) At Alexandra's barn.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) In the cornfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
2. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
3. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
4. What does Ivar live next to?
5. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)