|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
(a) In the cornfield.
(b) Under the mulberry tree.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) At Alexandra's barn.
2. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He seemed perpetually confused.
(b) He was always sad.
(c) He likes to draw.
(d) He worked hard.
3. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
4. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
(a) Walk around the gardens.
(b) Work in the fields.
(d) Visit old neighbors.
5. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
6. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
7. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
8. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
(a) Loyal and intense.
(b) Urban and smart.
(c) Kind and intelligent.
(d) Determined and motivated.
9. What major new service is available in the area in Part 2?
10. Whom does John Bergson say is his most intelligent child?
11. What causes hardship for the first three years after John Bergson's death?
(b) Sick cattle.
12. Who asks Emil to talk at the upcoming dance in Part 2?
13. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The repetition.
(b) The labor.
(c) The criticism.
(d) The intensity.
14. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(c) Piano playing.
15. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
2. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
3. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
4. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
5. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)