|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivar live next to?
(a) A pond.
(b) A river.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A lake.
2. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the evenings while he is visiting?
3. What is John Bergson's occupation?
4. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
(b) The Devil.
5. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
(a) She is too proud to admit defeat.
(b) She is sure rain is coming.
(c) She knows it will be worth money some day.
(d) She made a promise to her father.
6. What kind of man was Marie's father?
7. What is Marie doing when she hears Emil's scythe?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Weeding the garden.
(c) Collecting eggs.
(d) Milking cows.
8. What is Barney Flinn's occupation?
9. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
10. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
11. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
12. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He worked hard.
(b) He seemed perpetually confused.
(c) He likes to draw.
(d) He was always sad.
13. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(c) Stable boys.
14. How much time passes between Part 1 and Part 2 of this book?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
2. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
3. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
4. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
5. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)