|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
(a) Damaging her reputation.
(b) Getting kicked off his land.
(c) Hurting her during one of his spells.
(d) Being sent to an insane asylum.
2. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
3. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(a) Amy Lou.
(b) Amanda Jane.
(c) Annie Lee.
4. Where do Marie and Emil meet to talk about Bohemians?
(a) Under the mulberry tree.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) In the cornfield.
(d) At Alexandra's barn.
5. What kind of man was Marie's father?
6. What is the name of Amedee's wife?
7. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
8. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
9. How many sons does Oscar have?
10. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 5 days.
11. Whom does John Bergson say is his most intelligent child?
12. What is Marie doing when she hears Emil's scythe?
(a) Collecting eggs.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Weeding the garden.
(d) Churning butter.
13. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) How the crop is doing.
(b) Where Emil is.
(c) When Carl is leaving.
(d) Why she has not been working.
14. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The labor.
(b) The criticism.
(c) The repetition.
(d) The intensity.
15. What does Alexandra hope Emil will do when he is older?
(a) Own a company.
(b) Move away from the farm.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Work in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
2. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
3. What does Ivar live next to?
4. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
5. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)