|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marie's father's name?
2. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In an orphanage.
(b) In Europe.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In the city.
3. What is John Bergson's occupation?
4. What does Oscar say about Carl when Carl is visiting the French Country?
(a) He wants Alexandra for her money.
(b) He is a failure.
(c) He has a bad reputation.
(d) He is ruining the family.
5. Why is Emil afraid of Ivar?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He does not speak English.
(c) He stares.
(d) He howls at night.
6. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(b) Amy Lou.
(c) Amanda Jane.
(d) Annie Lee.
7. How does Alexandra feel when she returns home after looking at the riverside property?
8. What is the name of Marie's new husband?
9. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
10. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The labor.
(b) The intensity.
(c) The repetition.
(d) The criticism.
11. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
12. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
13. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
(a) She knows it will be worth money some day.
(b) She is sure rain is coming.
(c) She is too proud to admit defeat.
(d) She made a promise to her father.
14. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
15. Why is Marie angry with the person Carl sees her with when he is walking alone one morning?
(a) He took her glove.
(b) He is not staying for the weekend.
(c) He shot a duck.
(d) He will not leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivar read in his house?
2. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
3. Whom does Carl see with Marie while he is walking alone one morning?
4. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
5. What does Ivar live next to?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)