|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major new service is available in the area in Part 2?
2. What does Ivar live next to?
(a) A lake.
(b) A river.
(c) A pond.
(d) A ravine.
3. What is the name of Emil's best friend?
4. How old were Emil and Amedee when they first became friends?
5. How much time passes between Part 1 and Part 2 of this book?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 12 years.
6. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) Salt Lake.
(d) New York.
7. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Carl like Ivar?
(a) He is different than anybody else.
(b) He says nice things.
(c) He is good with animals.
(d) He is interesting to talk to.
9. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
10. What kind of man was Marie's father?
11. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(b) Piano playing.
12. What was Marie's father's name?
13. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
(a) Sell her butter.
(c) Keep a garden.
(d) Walk at night.
14. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
15. How many sons does Oscar have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
2. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
4. What does Lou ask Alexandra when Carl is visiting the French Country?
5. What is Oscar's wife so ashamed of?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)