|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say his wife misses most?
(a) The Old Country.
(b) Her music.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her dead son.
2. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
3. What is the talent held by Alexandra's favorite niece?
(b) Piano playing.
4. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
5. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
6. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His skills.
(b) His success.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His happiness.
7. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He worked hard.
(b) He was always sad.
(c) He seemed perpetually confused.
(d) He likes to draw.
8. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
9. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
10. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is very cold.
(b) He dropped his ice cream.
(c) He cannot find his mother.
(d) His kitten ran up a telegraph pole.
11. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(d) Her mother.
12. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In the city.
(b) In Europe.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In an orphanage.
13. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
14. What is Oscar's wife so ashamed of?
(a) Not having smart children.
(b) Marrying a foreigner.
(c) Being associated with Ivar.
(d) Being uneducated.
15. What is Marie doing when she hears Emil's scythe?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Collecting eggs.
(d) Weeding the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou say Alexandra has never done?
2. How many sons does Oscar have?
3. What is the name of Lou's wife?
4. What is Barney Flinn's occupation?
5. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)