|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
2. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Salt Lake.
3. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
4. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
5. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
6. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
7. Whom does Alexandra take with her to look at the riverside property?
(b) Her mother.
8. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In Europe.
(b) In the city.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In an orphanage.
9. What is the name of Lou's wife?
(a) Amanda Jane.
(c) Annie Lee.
(d) Amy Lou.
10. What kind of crop does Alexandra harvest?
11. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
12. How does Alexandra feel when she returns home after looking at the riverside property?
13. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
(a) The marriage of his old beau.
(b) The new president.
(c) The falling price of crops.
(d) A rich man's divorce.
14. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) The Lord blessed them.
(b) They worked the land.
(c) She had good managment methods.
(d) They followed their father's orders.
15. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
2. What is Oscar's wife so ashamed of?
3. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
4. Where did Marie's father send her to stop her from seeing Frank?
5. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)