|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carl stay with Alexandra before going on a trip to the French Country?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
2. How many sons does Oscar have?
3. Where did Marie and Frank get married?
(c) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
4. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
5. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
6. What do Carl and Alexandra do during the days while he is visiting?
(a) Walk around the gardens.
(b) Visit old neighbors.
(d) Work in the fields.
7. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A silo.
(c) An irrigation ditch.
(d) A windmill.
8. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An investor.
9. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
(a) His father owned that land.
(b) He likes living alone.
(c) He was forced out of town.
(d) He has no money.
10. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Built ships.
(b) Owned a store.
(c) Made ladies dresses.
(d) Bred horses.
11. Who goes to the French Country with Carl?
12. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
13. What does Alexandra want to buy from Ivar?
(a) A carving.
(b) A poultice.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A book.
14. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
15. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
3. What major new service is available in the area in Part 2?
4. How does Alexandra feel when she returns home after looking at the riverside property?
5. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)