|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major new service is available in the area in Part 2?
2. Where did Marie and Frank get married?
(c) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
3. Who said wild things are too happy to kill?
4. Why do Oscar and Lou think Alexandra's farm prospered?
(a) The Lord blessed them.
(b) They followed their father's orders.
(c) She had good managment methods.
(d) They worked the land.
5. How does Alexandra describe Emil while talking to Carl?
(a) Determined and motivated.
(b) Kind and intelligent.
(c) Urban and smart.
(d) Loyal and intense.
6. What does John tell his children to always let their mother do?
(b) Sell her butter.
(c) Keep a garden.
(d) Walk at night.
7. Where does Carl's family decide to move when times get tough?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Salt Lake.
8. What impresses Carl most about Marie?
(a) Her humility.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her warmth.
(d) Her intelligence.
9. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
10. What do the furnishings in Alexandra's large farmhouse look like?
11. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. How much did Lou and Oscar want to sell the land for?
13. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
14. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
15. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
2. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
3. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
4. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
5. How old were Emil and Amedee when they first became friends?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)