|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl hope happens when he dies?
(a) He is remembered.
(b) He leaves a legacy.
(c) He is honored.
(d) He is missed.
2. How much older than Carl is Alexandra?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hates about her life?
(a) The labor.
(b) The criticism.
(c) The intensity.
(d) The repetition.
4. What does Alexandra tell Carl she hopes Emil will be some day?
(a) An investor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A judge.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Where does Ivar think he gets his spells from?
(c) The Devil.
6. How often do Alexandra and Marie usually see each other?
(a) Every 3 days.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
7. From whom does John Bergson say his most intelligent child inherited that intelligence?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
8. Where are Alexandra's personal servant girls from?
9. What did Marie remember about Carl when he was a boy?
(a) He seemed perpetually confused.
(b) He was always sad.
(c) He likes to draw.
(d) He worked hard.
10. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
11. What keeps eating Frank's wheat?
12. What does Ivar live next to?
(a) A river.
(b) A ravine.
(c) A pond.
(d) A lake.
13. What does Ivar tell Alexandra he is afraid of?
(a) Hurting her during one of his spells.
(b) Damaging her reputation.
(c) Being sent to an insane asylum.
(d) Getting kicked off his land.
14. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His success.
(d) His skills.
15. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lou's wife?
2. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
3. Who signs the mortgage papers that Alexandra gets?
4. How many sons does Oscar have?
5. What did Alexandra install at her farm that was the first in the region?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)