|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious sect does Marie belong to?
2. What is the name of Alexandra's favorite niece?
3. What is John Bergson's occupation?
4. What does Carl say he never sees Marie do?
5. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
6. What does Carl hope happens when he dies?
(a) He leaves a legacy.
(b) He is missed.
(c) He is honored.
(d) He is remembered.
7. Why does Ivar live so far away from town?
(a) His father owned that land.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He likes living alone.
(d) He was forced out of town.
8. What was Marie's father's name?
9. How does Carl feel after seeing Marie while walking alone one morning?
10. What does Frank get so upset about after reading the newspaper?
(a) The marriage of his old beau.
(b) A rich man's divorce.
(c) The falling price of crops.
(d) The new president.
11. How old was Marie when she graduated from High School?
12. Why does Carl like Ivar?
(a) He is good with animals.
(b) He says nice things.
(c) He is interesting to talk to.
(d) He is different than anybody else.
13. Where was Marie raised?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In the city.
14. What does Lou say Alexandra has never done?
15. Who sleeps in Alexandra's barn in Part 2?
(b) Stable boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Oscar have?
2. What is the name of Marie's new husband?
3. When does Marie say the world is the most beautiful?
4. Who asks Emil to talk at the upcoming dance in Part 2?
5. Why is Emil afraid of Ivar?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)