|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl tell Alexandra he has to go away?
(a) To prove himself.
(b) To find freedom for himself.
(c) To find someone to love.
(d) To give her freedom.
2. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
(a) His kitten ran up a telegraph pole.
(b) He dropped his ice cream.
(c) He is very cold.
(d) He cannot find his mother.
3. What does Alexandra say she envies about Carl's life?
(a) His skills.
(b) His freedom.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His success.
4. What kind of awards does Emil commonly win at school at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
(a) A shipyard.
(b) A horse ranch.
(c) A tobacco plant.
(d) A poultry hatchery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivar read in his house?
2. What does Emil want Marie to care about?
3. Whom does Alexandra say is the only friend she has besides Carl?
4. What does Amedee say is the natural cause of happiness?
5. How long of a break does Emil want to take before going back to school?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)