|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl plan to train himself to do?
2. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her pretty dress.
3. What does Alexandra tell her brothers she wants to do when she returns home from looking at the riverside property?
(a) Buy strips of river property.
(b) Sell pieces of their land.
(c) Stay where they are.
(d) Buy the abandoned farms.
4. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Built ships.
(b) Bred horses.
(c) Owned a store.
(d) Made ladies dresses.
5. How long has Alexandra known Carl when he announces his move?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Carl's father take a job after leaving his farm?
2. How long does Alexandra take to look at the riverside property?
3. Whom does John Bergson say is his most intelligent child?
4. Why does Alexandra want to keep her land when everyone else is leaving?
5. What causes hardship for the first three years after John Bergson's death?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)