Part 1 Chapter 1
1. What is the name of the town at the beginning of this book?
2. Why is Emil crying at the beginning of the book?
(a) His kitten ran up a telegraph pole.
(b) He dropped his ice cream.
(c) He is very cold.
(d) He cannot find his mother.
3. What about Alexandria causes a man to flirt with her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her pretty dress.
(d) Her smile.
4. How old is Emil at the beginning of the book?
5. Where was Marie raised?
(a) In the city.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In Europe.
6. Whom does Alexandra ask to help her quiet Emil's cries at the beginning of the book?
Part 1 Chapter 2
7. What is John Bergson's occupation?
8. What did John Bergson's father do for a living?
(a) Built ships.
(b) Made ladies dresses.
(c) Bred horses.
(d) Owned a store.
This section contains 3,337 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)