|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Richard J. Davidson's work, how often does he take photos of the brain?
2. What does Representative Roukema's spouse do for a living?
3. How many major factors influence ideas surrounding depression?
4. What percent of Americans fall below the poverty line?
5. Freud says melancholic people have a keener eye for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How might depression have served a purpose in pre-human times? Cite three theories that evolutionists have come up with in regards to depression. What does Solomon make of these theories? Do these theories sound likely?
Essay Topic 2
What is Maggie's role in the book? How does Solomon use her as an example? What might he admire about her? Why is her religious faith important?
Essay Topic 3
How does Solomon feel about his own depression? What kind of person has he become as a result of being depressed? How does Solomon feel about life as a result of his depression?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)