|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veterans of what war make up a large part of the homeless population in the U.S.?
2. Who is the grandfather of psychodynamic therapy?
3. How often does someone in the U.S. commit suicide?
4. How many groups of suicides are there?
5. Who came up with four suicide types that are no longer used today?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Lolly serve in the book? How does Solomon use her as an example of impoverished depressed? What kind of treatment does Lolly receive? What does Solomon want his reader to learn from Lolly?
Essay Topic 2
Solomon often uses references from literature to emphasize the points he makes about depression. Cite three instances where he refers to literature and explain their significance. Do these references help you see his point?
Essay Topic 3
How does lack of money link to depression? Why are so many impoverished Americans depressed? What does Solomon say about getting treatment for them?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)