|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the executive director of the Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania?
2. Angel is the youngest in a family of how many?
3. What university is Richard J. Davidson from?
4. What is the strongest factor in predicting suicide?
5. How was depression seen in the thirteenth century?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Solomon's use of a biographical-style narrative in conjunction with the research and information in his book. How does this mixture make his message more effective? How would the book be different if he wrote strictly about depression in an informative manner and left out his personal experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Describe three alternative treatments mentioned in the book and explain how they are supposed to work. What is the author's opinion of them? Do they seem like they would be effective?
Essay Topic 3
How might depression have served a purpose in pre-human times? Cite three theories that evolutionists have come up with in regards to depression. What does Solomon make of these theories? Do these theories sound likely?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)