|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Mourning and Melancholia?
2. What is the strongest factor in predicting suicide?
3. When was depression first identified?
4. Angel is the youngest in a family of how many?
5. Who says, "Depressed people don't nag enough."?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Solomon feel about his own depression? What kind of person has he become as a result of being depressed? How does Solomon feel about life as a result of his depression?
Essay Topic 2
How might depression have served a purpose in pre-human times? Cite three theories that evolutionists have come up with in regards to depression. What does Solomon make of these theories? Do these theories sound likely?
Essay Topic 3
Solomon speaks about antidepressants in almost every chapter. What is his opinion of them? Why do you think he spends so much time writing about them?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)