|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes that women's depression comes from concern for their children?
(a) George Brown.
(b) Alex Tomlin.
(c) Susan Smith.
(d) Myrna Weissman.
2. How old is Solomon when his mother is diagnosed with cancer?
3. Which drugs can help fight anxiety?
4. How much weight has Solomon lost by December of 1994?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
5. What does a Holocaust survivor that Solomon meets focus on in the concentration camps?
(a) Her children.
(c) A mouse.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Solomon traveling when he has his first small breakdown?
2. What type of drug is heroine?
3. What is the average age of depression sufferers?
4. What percent of Americans suffer from depression?
5. Solomon says life is full of what from the beginning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is seasonal affective disorder (SAD) treated?
2. Why does Solomon suggest that women might be more likely to experience depression than men?
3. Why is it important for people on medications to remain on them and not cycle on and off?
4. How might television play a role in depression?
5. What does Thomas Crowe believe about schizophrenia?
6. What are the major factors that influence ideas surrounding depression?
7. What is Angel's only source of happiness?
8. Why is it thought that depressed people may have better judgment than healthy people?
9. Why are family members of suicide victims more likely to see suicide as an option for themselves?
10. How do depression and addiction create a cycle?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)