|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The choice of what antidepressant to use is based on what factor?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Side effects.
2. How does Solomon hope to kill himself while he is having a breakdown?
(a) Contracting AIDS.
(b) Shooting himself.
(c) Hanging himself.
(d) Driving off of a cliff.
3. Of adults with depression in the U.S., what percent are diagnosed correctly?
4. Which type of antidepressants inhibit the breakdown of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine?
5. Where does Solomon receive a new age massage?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant is used to help with depression?
2. What is Prudent's race?
3. What portion of substance abusers are depressed?
4. What kind of place does Phaly open?
5. What drug, which Solomon takes four times, helped him save a relationship once?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solomon believe these depressed, impoverished people need?
2. How were depressives viewed in the American colonies in the18th century?
3. How do opiates affect the body?
4. Describe Solomon's experience with sexual identity.
5. What is the relationship between lack of money and depression?
6. What is correlations between severity of depression and likelihood of suicide?
7. Why is Solomon's stage of half-recovery described in "Breakdowns" the most dangerous?
8. Why is a depressive more likely to become addicted to alcohol than a person who is not depressed?
9. Why does Solomon not attend his own birthday party?
10. Why does Solomon wish to end his life passively?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)