|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of men is Tina drawn to?
2. Which drugs can help fight anxiety?
3. How many models for depression are there?
4. According to the text, marijuana has been known to affect what?
(a) REM sleep patterns.
(b) Bowel movements.
(c) Pancreatic health.
(d) Skin clarity.
5. How many main treatments for depression are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Inuit people of Greenland are affected by depression?
2. What percent of depressed people commit suicide as a result?
3. Who proposes that women's depression comes from concern for their children?
4. Depression is the leading cause of what in the U.S. and abroad in people over the age of 5?
5. What talking therapy teaches the patient objectivity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should depressed people avoid bad arguments and feelings of outrage?
2. What is the process of psychoanalysis like?
3. What is the relationship between lack of money and depression?
4. What is Bert Hellinger's treatment for depression?
5. What does Solomon believe about the definition of depression listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual used in Psychiatry?
6. Why is the fear of grief an important feelings for humans to feel?
7. What does Rufus believe about depression or melancholy?
8. Why is Solomon's stage of half-recovery described in "Breakdowns" the most dangerous?
9. Why is a depressive more likely to become addicted to alcohol than a person who is not depressed?
10. How does Solomon attempt to end his life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)