|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes that women's depression comes from concern for their children?
(a) George Brown.
(b) Alex Tomlin.
(c) Susan Smith.
(d) Myrna Weissman.
2. When was eye movement desensitization and reprocessing first used?
3. How does Solomon hope to kill himself while he is having a breakdown?
(a) Shooting himself.
(b) Contracting AIDS.
(c) Hanging himself.
(d) Driving off of a cliff.
4. How does male depression manifest itself many times?
(a) With a sense of hunger.
(b) With violence.
(c) With dispair.
(d) With a feeling of increased intelligence.
5. What talking therapy teaches the patient objectivity?
(a) Group therapy.
(b) Cognitive-behavioral therapy.
(c) Interpersonal therapy.
(d) Objective therapy.
6. What drug can do permanent damage to dopamine systems and can make depression worse?
7. What kind of drug is Demerol?
8. What is Martha Manning's profession?
9. What is the average age of depression sufferers?
10. With what drug does Solomon have a side effect where he cannot remain upright?
11. How many Inuit people of Greenland are affected by depression?
(a) Eighty percent.
(b) Forty-five percent.
(c) Sixty percent.
(d) Fifteen percent.
12. ECT is associated with how many deaths?
(a) One in 1,000.
(b) One in 100,000.
(c) One in 100.
(d) One in 10,000.
13. What is the most common fear in the world?
14. What type of drugs are known "club drugs"?
15. Since the invention of television, the average night's sleep has decreased by how much?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease is often a precursor to senility and Alzheimer's?
2. Where does Frank go to graduate school?
3. During Solomon's breakdown, what event is he unable to attend?
4. How many main treatments for depression are there?
5. When taking antidepressants, how long does it take to see noticeable results?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)