|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many American children suffer from depression?
(a) 10 million.
(b) 2 million.
2. Where does Solomon receive a new age massage?
(d) New York.
3. What plant is used to help with depression?
(b) St. John's wort.
4. What sort of men is Tina drawn to?
5. What are the most common addictive substances?
(a) Alcohol and marijuana.
(b) Beer and wine.
(c) Cocaine and heroine.
(d) Nicotine and coffee.
6. How old is Solomon when his mother is diagnosed with cancer?
7. What percent of Americans suffer from depression?
8. Solomon says that most abuse is done out of what feeling?
9. What medicine helps Frank?
10. What portion of high school students have considered suicide?
(a) Over fifty percent.
(b) Over twenty percent.
(c) Over ninety percent.
(d) Over ten percent.
11. How much weight has Solomon lost by December of 1994?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Fifteen pounds.
(d) Twenty pounds.
12. What year does Solomon get a new age massage?
13. How many Inuit people of Greenland are affected by depression?
(a) Sixty percent.
(b) Fifteen percent.
(c) Eighty percent.
(d) Forty-five percent.
14. What type of drugs are known "club drugs"?
15. How many symptoms of depression does the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual list?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes that women's depression comes from concern for their children?
2. What is the most effective treatment for alcoholism?
3. What is another word for "talking therapy"?
4. ECT is associated with how many deaths?
5. In the offspring of depressed mothers, earliest childhood depression is found in children as young as what age?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)