|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Betsy overcome her depression?
(a) Through her teaching job.
(b) Through her cat Sampson.
(c) Through her poetry.
(d) Through her Catholic faith.
2. Where is Bert Hellinger from?
3. Of adults with depression in the U.S., what percent are diagnosed correctly?
4. ECT is associated with how many deaths?
(a) One in 1,000.
(b) One in 100,000.
(c) One in 100.
(d) One in 10,000.
5. What percent of Americans suffer from depression?
6. What percent of depressed people commit suicide as a result?
(a) Ten to twenty.
(b) Twenty-five to thirty.
(c) Two to four.
(d) Eight to twleve.
7. Since the invention of television, the average night's sleep has decreased by how much?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) One hour.
8. During Solomon's breakdown, he feels a surge of positive emotion while attending what event?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A New Years Eve party.
(c) A work conference.
(d) A funeral.
9. What medical problem does Solomon develop after his first book comes out?
(a) Kidney stones.
(b) Migraine headaches.
(c) Liver disease.
(d) A rash.
10. Who does Solomon move in with the same day he is prescribed Xanax and Zoloft?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
11. Who says that it makes evolutionary sense for women to be sensitive to loss?
(a) Myrna Weissman.
(b) George Brown.
(c) Susan Smith.
(d) Alex Tomlin.
12. What plant is used to help with depression?
(a) St. John's wort.
13. With what drug does Solomon have a side effect where he cannot remain upright?
14. John Greden is the director of the Mental Health Research Institute at what school?
(a) Ohio State University.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Florida State University.
15. What is the name of Maggie's alter ego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What medicine helps Frank?
2. What talking therapy teaches the patient objectivity?
3. How old is Solomon's great aunt?
4. Men synthesize serotonin how much faster than women?
5. In the offspring of depressed mothers, earliest childhood depression is found in children as young as what age?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)