|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Trish loaned Donna when she went to stay with her?
2. What was the time period that Donna would stay in a flat during the time she was with Chris?
3. What did Terry call Donna when they finally spoke to each other for the first time?
4. What color was the chalk on the blackboard ledge in Donna's reading class that she stared at?
5. Donna felt _____ when she didn't speak.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donna do to one of her dolls as a result of feeling that something was missing in her life?
2. What was Donna's first dream about?
3. How did Donna eat at Robyn's house?
4. How did Donna have trouble understanding the concept of a herd of cows?
5. How did Donna feel about the sound of the piano?
6. How did Donna's father begin to act as she got older?
7. How did Donna's mother react to her taking ballet classes?
8. Why did Donna have trouble learning math in the "Country Infant Room"?
9. What did the history teacher at Donna's last school like to talk about in class?
10. Why did Tom come to Donna's flat and what happened as a result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Donna cut her wrists. What incident prompted this? Whose house did Donna go to for help? What reason did she give Mary for her behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Donna and her older brother and mother when she was twelve. How did they gang up on her? What did they call her? How did these things particularly terrorize Donna?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Carol's role in Donna's life. How and why did Donna take on this persona? What role did the Carol persona have in Donna's social expression of herself?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)