|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna had to catch a bus and a _____ to get to her school, which was three suburbs away from her house.
2. What was the local haunt outside the place where Donna worked?
3. With what did Donna cut her face when her father came home one day?
4. What sensation made it uncomfortable for Donna to sit in a chair?
5. The Hogan's backyard had _____ in it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Donna's mother was going to put her into a children's home?
2. How did Donna's father begin to act as she got older?
3. How did Donna have trouble understanding the concept of a herd of cows?
4. What kind of person was Chris and how did he take advantage of Donna?
5. Why did Tom come to Donna's flat and what happened as a result?
6. How did Donna's mother make her life intolerable because of the jealousy of her musical abilities?
7. Why did Donna have trouble learning math in the "Country Infant Room"?
8. How did Donna understand the content of the stories she read in class?
9. How did Donna ruin the furs at the shop where she worked and what happened as a result?
10. What did Donna do when her classmates got violent with Sara and the new boy in her primary school class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Donna's relationship with Bryn. How were their lives similar? What did Donna learn about herself in knowing Bryn?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the violence that Donna's mother would put her through when she came home from high school. What did Donna do one day to try to avoid the violence? What was the result? What did a voice in her head say when this was happening?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Donna cut her wrists. What incident prompted this? Whose house did Donna go to for help? What reason did she give Mary for her behavior?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)