|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity gave Donna a sense of freedom and beauty?
2. One of the things that would make the world slow down for Donna was _____.
3. What did Donna call it when she stretched her arms out and twirled around?
4. What caused Donna to hallucinate?
5. As Carol, Donna was terrified of being _____ and began to lose herself completely.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the history teacher at Donna's last school like to talk about in class?
2. Why did Tom come to Donna's flat and what happened as a result?
3. What was Donna's first dream about?
4. How did Donna treat friendships that she had with other kids?
5. What was 'wonking' to Donna? What did this mean to her mother?
6. What did Donna do to one of her dolls as a result of feeling that something was missing in her life?
7. How did Donna have trouble understanding the concept of a herd of cows?
8. What did Donna do at work when she didn't have food to eat because Garry's sister had taken the food money for herself?
9. What kinds of foods did Donna eat?
10. What would sometimes happen when Donna had night terrors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Donna studied psychology in college. How did this relate to her work with Mary?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Donna's relationship with her Aunty Linda as she got older. What were her aunt's explanations for these questions? How did Donna react to hearing about the violence of her childhood?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Donna's feelings about violence. What violence did she experience as a child? How did she react to this violence? What was more threatening to Donna's sensibilities than violence? How was this different from the way she perceived that other people lived?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)