|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chris teased Donna by saying that _____ was made by a machine.
(a) The river.
(b) All the sand at the beach.
(d) The jungle.
2. What possessions did Donna leave behind when she left David?
(a) Her piano and trailer.
(b) Her books and letters.
(c) Her car and bicycle.
(d) Her clothes and jewlery.
3. Donna was able to see _____ in a photo taken of her at no more than four months old.
(a) The intellect.
(b) "The smile".
(c) The abuse.
(d) "The look".
4. What drew Donna to Europe?
(a) The mountains.
(c) The ocean.
5. Donna believes that autism is a result of the improper functioning of the mechanism that controls _____.
(a) Adrenal fucntion.
(c) Thyroid production.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donna says that David was quite at home in his position as _____.
2. At times, Donna had been considered moronic, stupid, and more politely, _____.
3. What did the teacher in Donna's biology class have a student explain after Donna's naive answer regarding how plants live?
4. What did Donna do initially to communicate with Kath's son?
5. Donna compares the perception of an autistic person and the behavior it leads to possibly triggering protective chemical or hormonal responses in the brain to _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Donna and the Welshman play on the farm equipment and what is she reminded of when he gives her a hand up on one of the pieces of equipment?
2. What were the letters like that Donna and Tim wrote to each other?
3. How did Donna communicate with Perry?
4. Why does Donna believe that being sane or intelligent is not superior to being insane or retarded?
5. How did Donna feel about graduating from school?
6. When Donna presented Carol and Willie to Mary, how did Donna perceive the relationship between these two personalities?
7. What happened with a girl she went to school with after graduation that caused Donna to come to tears?
8. What did Donna realize when she met other autistic people?
9. What was the conversation about between Donna and Shaun's father on the way to pick Shaun up from the train station?
10. How did Donna teach Anne to calm herself down when she was anxious?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)