|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Donna writes that the problems of her situation were heightened by the effect of _____.
(b) Multiple food allergies.
(d) Her mother's violence.
2. Which one of Donna's childhood friends did her remedial math teacher remind her of?
3. Why did Donna think people who worked in banks were respected?
(a) Because they worked indoors.
(b) Because they worked with money.
(c) Because employees had to take a test.
(d) Because they wore uniforms.
4. Donna was able to see _____ in a photo taken of her at no more than four months old.
(a) The intellect.
(b) The abuse.
(c) "The smile".
(d) "The look".
5. What color hair did Anne have?
6. Donna compares the perception of an autistic person and the behavior it leads to possibly triggering protective chemical or hormonal responses in the brain to _____.
(a) Being under water.
(b) Being in a sensory deprivation tank.
(c) Being asleep.
(d) Being in shock.
7. How does Donna say that Karen saw David?
(a) As a jackal.
(b) As a snake.
(c) As a worm.
(d) As a rat.
8. What season was it when Donna and David arrived on the other side of Australia?
(a) The hot season.
(b) The cold season.
(c) The wet season.
(d) The dry season.
9. What did Donna do initially to communicate with Kath's son?
(a) She did sign language.
(b) She gave him a hug.
(c) She sorted objects.
(d) She talked to him.
10. Donna states that if parents can step away from ______, autistic children might trust and reach out.
(a) Their busy schedules.
(b) Their own emotional needs.
(c) Their scholarly expectations.
(d) Their financial obligations.
11. What did Donna begin to fear in Tim's eyes?
12. How was Donna labeled within the context of autism?
13. When Donna arrived in Amsterdam, how was she dressed, in her mind?
(a) Like a farmer.
(b) Like a princess.
(c) Like a Quaker.
(d) Like a baker.
14. When Mary wrote out a prescription, Donna felt that she interpreted her condition as _____.
(a) Mild depression.
15. What drew Donna to Europe?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julian say that Donna had too much of?
2. Where did Donna go instead of Holland?
3. Donna considered the world to be an invasion of touch and words and the expectation of _____.
4. A trait that Donna's supervisor used to try to combat her evasiveness was _____.
5. What did the Welshman give to Donna that she opened in her hotel room?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)