Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie say that Walser no longer has?
2. What has Fevvers forgotten that she hates?
3. Who is the ice sculpture modeled after?
4. Which country are the band of men outlawed from?
5. What do the circus call the band of misfits?
Essay Topic 1
Night at the Circus is mostly written in the third person. Why do you think Carter chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?Why does Carter switch to a first person point of view near the end? What does this express about Fevvers? Do you think Carter had to switch to first person to express this?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story and Carter? How does Carter use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Nights at the Circus is written using elements of magic realism.
1) What is magic realism?
2) What moments in Nights at the Circus could you identify as magic realism?
2) Why do you think Carter uses magic realism for this novel?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)