|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fevvers feel guilty about?
2. Who do Lizzie and Fevvers poke fun at in this chapter?
3. What are the women not allowed to receive in the prison?
4. Who does the outlaw leader want Fevvers to talk to?
5. What does the Duke use to spell Fevvers first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does book 3, chapter 7 highlight between Lizzie and Fevvers?
2. Describe the women's prison camp.
3. What does Lizzie state is her opinion is of Walser in book 3, chapter 1?
4. In what way can Lizzie be seen as a business woman?
5. How does Olga bring new hope to the women's prison camp?
6. Why have the outlaws been banished?
7. Describe the clowns performance in book 2, chapter 10.
8. Describe the character of the Escapee.
9. What sacrifice has Walser for his freedom in book 3, chapter 4?
10. In what way is freedom a major theme in book 3, chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples to support your argument discuss the following statement. In order to promote the role the woman plays in the book, Carter feminizes the male character or makes them emotionally weak.
Essay Topic 2
Carter hints at problem between Russia and America as early as 1897. Using one example in the book discuss how Carter shows these problem. What do you think caused this problems? Are there still problems between the two countries today?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Carter's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Buffot the Great and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Carter provide the reader with information about that character?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)