|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walser think the stars are?
2. Where is Walser wandering through in this chapter?
3. What does Fevvers compare the sunset to?
4. What do Lizzie and Fevvers find in the hut?
5. Who does the outlaw leader want Fevvers to talk to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Fevvers in book 3, chapter 9?
2. What new thoughts and characteristics does book 2, chapter 9 introduce about Fevvers?
3. What do you think is significant about the reindeer in book 3, chapter 8?
4. What differences does book 3, chapter 7 highlight between Lizzie and Fevvers?
5. What do the character do to occupy themselves on the train ride?
6. What world has Walser's amnesia submerged him in?
7. Describe Fevvers condition in book 2, chapter 11.
8. How does Olga bring new hope to the women's prison camp?
9. In what way is freedom a major theme in book 3, chapter 4?
10. Describe Walser's initial meeting with the Shaman.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the late 19th century. How does Carter express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Angela Carter is one of Britain foremost feminist authors. Examine Carter's life. What kind of upbringing did she have? What kind of education? What were the major themes of her work?Why do you think Carter's novels were so relevant in the mid to late twentieth century and continue to be relevant today?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Fevvers and Walser.
1) What is their relationship with other circus folk?
2) What are the similarities and dissimilarities?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)