Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie say that Walser no longer has?
2. What has Fevvers forgotten that she hates?
3. Who is the ice sculpture modeled after?
4. Which country are the band of men outlawed from?
5. What do the circus call the band of misfits?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Carter's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Buffot the Great and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Carter provide the reader with information about that character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fevvers' relationship with the following characters:
3) Colonel Kearney
Essay Topic 3
Examine Carter's writing style. How would you describe Carter's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Carter's style give to the story? Can you detect a distinct personality with her style?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)