|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maestro say he was sent by the town mayor?
2. What language does the outlaw leader talk to Fevvers in?
3. Who is the ice sculpture modeled after?
4. Who do Lizzie and Fevvers poke fun at in this chapter?
5. Who does Lizzie say Walser is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do the elephants express their concept of freedom in book 3, chapter 2?
2. What do the Siberian tribes people believe about an expecting mother?
3. How does Fevvers greed blind her to her problems in book 2 chapter 11?
4. Describe the character of the Escapee.
5. Describe Fevvers condition in book 2, chapter 11.
6. What does Fevvers discover about Walser in book 3, chapter 10?
7. Why have the outlaws been banished?
8. What does Lizzie state is her opinion is of Walser in book 3, chapter 1?
9. What new thoughts and characteristics does book 2, chapter 9 introduce about Fevvers?
10. What differences does book 3, chapter 7 highlight between Lizzie and Fevvers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carter hints at problem between Russia and America as early as 1897. Using one example in the book discuss how Carter shows these problem. What do you think caused this problems? Are there still problems between the two countries today?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fevvers' relationship with the following characters:
3) Colonel Kearney
Essay Topic 3
Night at the Circus is mostly written in the third person. Why do you think Carter chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?Why does Carter switch to a first person point of view near the end? What does this express about Fevvers? Do you think Carter had to switch to first person to express this?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)