|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of his body has Walser suffered an injury?
2. What does the Escapee want the world to be run by?
3. Which of the ex-prisoners finds Walser?
4. Who does Mignon say she would never have an affair with?
5. How does Olga break the camp's code of conduct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples to support your argument discuss the following statement. In order to promote the role the woman plays in the book, Carter feminizes the male character or makes them emotionally weak.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters from the novel.
1) What is the character's background.
2) What is the character's motivation and goals?
3) What do you think the character adds to the story? How would the story change if the character was taken away?
Essay Topic 3
Critically examine the negative and positive points of Nights at the Circus. Is it an accurate portrayal of late 19th century life? Does it have dramatic impact? Are the characters well drawn?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)