Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie say that Walser no longer has?
2. What has Fevvers forgotten that she hates?
3. Who is the ice sculpture modeled after?
4. Which country are the band of men outlawed from?
5. What do the circus call the band of misfits?
The novel is set in St. Petersburg.
1) What meaning does St. Petersburg bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in St. Petersburg?
2) How different do you think today's St. Petersburg is to the St. Petersburg in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's St. Petersburg?
3) How do you think the setting contributes to the novel playful,but at times sad atmosphere?
Carter hints at problem between Russia and America as early as 1897. Using one example in the book discuss how Carter shows these problem. What do you think caused this problems? Are there still problems between the two countries today?
Examine Walser's character. What is Walser's character background? What is Walser's motivation? Why do you think Carter specifically chose Walser's character to fall in love with Fevvers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)