|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman known as who finds Walser?
2. Where is Walser wandering through in this chapter?
3. Who does Kearney fire in this chapter?
4. Who does Fevvers go out to look for?
5. Who enters the tiger cage with Mignon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the concept of space and time explored in this chapter?
2. What do the Siberian tribes people believe about an expecting mother?
3. How does Carter express Walser's gradual character transition in book 3, chapter 3?
4. What does Lizzie state is her opinion is of Walser in book 3, chapter 1?
5. Describe Maestro's story.
6. Why have the outlaws been banished?
7. What differences does book 3, chapter 7 highlight between Lizzie and Fevvers?
8. Why do you think Buffo cannot continue to be a clown?
9. How does Fevvers greed blind her to her problems in book 2 chapter 11?
10. Describe the clowns performance in book 2, chapter 10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Night at the Circus is mostly written in the third person. Why do you think Carter chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would of changed if it was written in the first person?Why does Carter switch to a first person point of view near the end? What does this express about Fevvers? Do you think Carter had to switch to first person to express this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fevvers' relationship with the following characters:
3) Colonel Kearney
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Carter's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)