|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walser think the stars are?
2. Where is Walser in this chapter?
3. What does Fevvers buy for children back in London?
4. What does the Escapee want the world to be run by?
5. What does the Duke have in the crotch of his pants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nights at the Circus is written using elements of magic realism.
1) What is magic realism?
2) What moments in Nights at the Circus could you identify as magic realism?
2) Why do you think Carter uses magic realism for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Fevvers' relationship with the following characters:
3) Colonel Kearney
Essay Topic 3
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Carter's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Buffot the Great and discuss how much you know about his background. In what ways does Carter provide the reader with information about that character?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)