|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon do the women give Fevvers when she becomes mascot?
2. Which of the following is not a member of Schreck's house?
3. Where do Lizzie and Fevvers send Mignon?
4. Why is Walser concerned that Buffo might not be able to perform?
5. Who is the leader of the clowns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason Walser has come to interview Fevvers?
2. Describe the brothel where Fevvers first sets up home.
3. What do you think is the cause for Walser's confusion in book 2, chapter 6?
4. Describe Colonel Kearney and his pig Sybil.
5. Describe the chimp's act.
6. In what way has greed been an important theme in this novel so far?
7. What are the reasons Fevvers wants to join Madame Screck's house.
8. What does Rosencreutz tell Fevvers during the meal?
9. In what way is class a major theme in book 2, chapter 5?
10. In what way do you think Walser's decision to sign up for the circus was an important one to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Carter's dialogue contribute to the following areas;
Essay Topic 2
Compare Fevvers and Walser.
1) What is their relationship with other circus folk?
2) What are the similarities and dissimilarities?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Carter hints at problem between Russia and America as early as 1897. Using one example in the book discuss how Carter shows these problem. What do you think caused this problems? Are there still problems between the two countries today?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)