|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the circus call the band of misfits?
(a) A human zoo
(b) A band of Hitlers
(d) Satan's children
2. How many elephants are alive at the train crash in this chapter?
3. Who does the outlaw leader want Fevvers to talk to?
(a) The Russian King
(b) The Russian Queen
(c) The Prince of Wales
(d) The Tsar of Russia
4. What kind of animal does the Shaman own?
(a) A pig
(b) A dog
(c) A rat
(d) A bear
5. What does Lizzie think Fevvers is trying to be?
(a) A wife
(b) A Duchess
(c) A star
(d) An ordinary woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Fevvers say she expects her carriage to arrive?
2. What does the Shaman offer Walser to drink?
3. What does the Duke use to spell Fevvers first name?
4. What causes Walser to break down into tears?
5. How does Walser try and persuade the Shaman to feed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maestro's story.
2. Why do you think Buffo cannot continue to be a clown?
3. What differences does book 3, chapter 7 highlight between Lizzie and Fevvers?
4. What does Lizzie state is her opinion is of Walser in book 3, chapter 1?
5. Describe the women's prison camp.
6. Describe the character of the Escapee.
7. In what way can Lizzie be seen as a business woman?
8. What does Fevvers discover about Walser in book 3, chapter 10?
9. How does Carter express Walser's gradual character transition in book 3, chapter 3?
10. In what way is freedom a major theme in book 3, chapter 4?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)