|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walser think the stars are?
2. Who is the ice sculpture modeled after?
(a) The Duke
3. What color is Fevvers real hair?
4. Where does the Maestro say he was sent by the town mayor?
5. What does Fevvers call Lizzie?
(a) A witch
(b) A lonely spinster
(c) A damp sqid
(d) A silly goat
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only other creature alive?
2. What does the Duke offer Fevvers a drink of?
3. How many elephants are alive at the train crash in this chapter?
4. Who does Fevvers call to hold the outlaw down?
5. Which character trims the Maestro's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Walser's initial meeting with the Shaman.
2. What do the Siberian tribes people believe about an expecting mother?
3. How does Olga bring new hope to the women's prison camp?
4. Describe the clowns performance in book 2, chapter 10.
5. In what way do the elephants express their concept of freedom in book 3, chapter 2?
6. In what way is freedom a major theme in book 3, chapter 4?
7. What do the character do to occupy themselves on the train ride?
8. What is the only thing Carter presents as Walser being able to use to rediscover himself?
9. Describe Fevvers condition in book 2, chapter 11.
10. What is happening to Fevvers in book 3, chapter 9?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)