Essay Topic 1
Carter was a feminist. Using two examples from the novel discuss the ways the story reflects Carter's political ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters from the novel.
1) What is the character's background.
2) What is the character's motivation and goals?
3) What do you think the character adds to the story? How would the story change if the character was taken away?
Essay Topic 3
Nights at the Circus is written using elements of magic realism.
1) What is magic realism?
2) What moments in Nights at the Circus could you identify as magic realism?
2) Why do you think Carter uses magic realism for this novel?
Essay Topic 4
Using examples to support your argument discuss the following statement. In order to promote the role the woman plays in the book, Carter feminizes the male character or makes them emotionally weak.
Essay Topic 5
Night at the Circus is mostly written...
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)