Book 1, Chapter 1
• Jack Walser is interviewing Sophia Fevvers for an article entitled "Great Humbugs of the World."
• Fevvers begins by telling Walser she was hatched out of an egg.
• Fevvers was found in a basket amidst a pile of broken eggshells. As a baby she has two patches of yellow fur "just like the fluff on a chick" on each of her shoulder blades. The girls at the house exclaim that she looks like she is about to sprout "Fevvers!"
• Fevvers calls on Lizzie to help her finish undressing and to corroborate the story.
• Fevvers returns to the original course of the interview, reiterating the means of her birth with one word, "hatched."
Book 1, Chapter 2
• The interview between Walser and Fevvers continues.
• Lizzie takes her to a whorehouse, headed and run by a woman named Nelson. They take Fevvers in as one of their own.
• When Fevvers turns...
This section contains 2,535 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)