|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
2. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
3. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
4. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
5. When the prisoners find out that they can have soup, what is their reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Elie's relationship with his father change throughout Night?
Essay Topic 2
List the main events of Night. Could the order of the main events be changed, or could any main events be left out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Night, we learn a great deal about Elie. Answer all parts.
1) List four adjectives that describe Elie's personality. Include an example from the story for each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief that Elie has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) How does Elie change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Elie to change?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)