Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
3. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
5. When the prisoners do eventually receive their freedom, what do they want?
Essay Topic 1
What information or background should someone have before trying to read Night, so that he/she will understand it better? Explain how each item will help this person more fully grasp the themes in Night.
Essay Topic 2
Several components of quality literature are
1) use of descriptive words;
2) use of analogies, metaphors and similes;
3) an attention-grabbing beginning;
5) appealing to the five senses.
Do you think Night is an example of quality literature? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Read the following two statements:
Adversity helps build faith and courage.
Adversity can destroy faith and courage.
1) Which statement do you agree with? Why?
2) Which statement would Elie agree with? Why?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)