|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
2. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
3. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
4. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
5. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter one of Night, Moshe the Beadle has a certain reaction to deportation. Answer all parts.
1) Describe his reaction.
2) Was his reaction normal under the circumstances? Why?
3) Could he have reacted in any other way? How?
4) How would you have reacted in that situation? Why?
5) Explain the statement, "It's not what happens, but how we react to what happens."
Essay Topic 2
In Night, the author describes laws which the Jews were required to follow. List four of these laws. How did these laws set the tone for deportation to and the Jews' subsequent treatment in the concentration camps?
Essay Topic 3
Write about one of the following concepts as it relates to Night. Give examples from Night that explain your choice.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)