|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
3. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
4. What does Meir Katz, another prisoner, do when Elie calls for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
5. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
Essay Topic 1
In chapter one of Night, Moshe the Beadle has a certain reaction to deportation. Answer all parts.
1) Describe his reaction.
2) Was his reaction normal under the circumstances? Why?
3) Could he have reacted in any other way? How?
4) How would you have reacted in that situation? Why?
5) Explain the statement, "It's not what happens, but how we react to what happens."
Essay Topic 2
In Night, the author describes laws which the Jews were required to follow. List four of these laws. How did these laws set the tone for deportation to and the Jews' subsequent treatment in the concentration camps?
Essay Topic 3
List the main events of Night. Could the order of the main events be changed, or could any main events be left out? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)