|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elie's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread?
2. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
3. In chapter 7, when Elie wakes up, what is the condition of his father?
4. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
5. At the beginning of chapter 8, what is the frame of mind of Elie's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the following statement: Human nature wants to see beauty, not necessarily truth.
1) Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
2) Give examples from the story that prove or disprove this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Answer all parts.
1) What was Elie Wiesel's purpose in writing Night?
2) What message is the author trying to send?
3) What does the author want the reader to remember about the story?
Essay Topic 3
Several components of quality literature are
1) use of descriptive words;
2) use of analogies, metaphors and similes;
3) an attention-grabbing beginning;
5) appealing to the five senses.
Do you think Night is an example of quality literature? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)