Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
3. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
5. When the prisoners do eventually receive their freedom, what do they want?
Essay Topic 1
In chapter one of Night, Moshe the Beadle has a certain reaction to deportation. Answer all parts.
1) Describe his reaction.
2) Was his reaction normal under the circumstances? Why?
3) Could he have reacted in any other way? How?
4) How would you have reacted in that situation? Why?
5) Explain the statement, "It's not what happens, but how we react to what happens."
Essay Topic 2
Night is a novel that presents the atrocities and inhumanity of life in a concentration camp during World War II from a very personal perspective. These experiences can affect readers in very different manners. Answer all parts.
1) What issue in Night caused you to think the most? Why?
2) Which part of Night caused you to have the strongest feelings? Why?
3) How has Night changed or supported your thinking?
4) What would you like to remember about the story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a situation in the story in which Elie acted in a way you disagree with. Describe the situation. Why did Elie act this way? What were the consequences of his actions? Why do you disagree with Elie's reaction to the situation? How would you have reacted? Why?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)