|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
3. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
5. When the prisoners do eventually receive their freedom, what do they want?
Essay Topic 1
In Night, we learn a great deal about Elie. Answer all parts.
1) List four adjectives that describe Elie's personality. Include an example from the story for each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief that Elie has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) How does Elie change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Elie to change?
Essay Topic 2
Although the book is filled with horrifying experiences, there are some instances of mercy. Describe three of these situations and what their purpose in the story is.
Essay Topic 3
Several components of quality literature are
1) use of descriptive words;
2) use of analogies, metaphors and similes;
3) an attention-grabbing beginning;
5) appealing to the five senses.
Do you think Night is an example of quality literature? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)