|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
2. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
3. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
4. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
5. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following story themes to write about. Write a definition of the theme you chose. Give examples from Night. Give examples from current events.
Essay Topic 2
In Night, we learn a great deal about Elie. Answer all parts.
1) List four adjectives that describe Elie's personality. Include an example from the story for each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief that Elie has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) How does Elie change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Elie to change?
Essay Topic 3
Elie is the author and also the main character in Night. How would the story change if it was told from a different point of view? Choose another point of view from another character or an outside narrator. What would the reader learn from this narrator that is different from Elie as the narrator? Why?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)