Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
2. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
3. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
5. What happens on the morning of January 29, 1945?
Write about one of the following concepts as it relates to Night. Give examples from Night that explain your choice.
Night is a novel that presents the atrocities and inhumanity of life in a concentration camp during World War II from a very personal perspective. These experiences can affect readers in very different manners. Answer all parts.
1) What issue in Night caused you to think the most? Why?
2) Which part of Night caused you to have the strongest feelings? Why?
3) How has Night changed or supported your thinking?
4) What would you like to remember about the story? Why?
Answer all parts.
1) Why did the author choose Night for the title of the book? Give examples from the book that explain the title.
2) Do you think the title fits the book? Why or why not?
3) If you could give the book a different title, what would it be? Give reasons for your answer.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)