|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
2. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
3. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
4. What is the reaction of the person Elie spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
5. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several components of quality literature are
1) use of descriptive words;
2) use of analogies, metaphors and similes;
3) an attention-grabbing beginning;
5) appealing to the five senses.
Do you think Night is an example of quality literature? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write about one of the following concepts as it relates to Night. Give examples from Night that explain your choice.
Essay Topic 3
Answer all parts.
1) Why did the author choose Night for the title of the book? Give examples from the book that explain the title.
2) Do you think the title fits the book? Why or why not?
3) If you could give the book a different title, what would it be? Give reasons for your answer.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)