|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, when Elie wakes up as he is transported with the other prisoners to the concentration camp, what is happening to him?
2. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
3. What is Elie's reaction when he realizes his father is dead?
4. When a workman throws a piece of bread to the prisoners, how do the prisoners react?
5. What is the responsibility of the men who clear out the wagons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List the main events of Night. Could the order of the main events be changed, or could any main events be left out? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the mood or feeling created by the story as a whole. How is this mood or feeling created? Be sure to consider setting as part of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write about one of the following concepts as it relates to Night. Give examples from Night that explain your choice.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)