|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elie's father treated by the other prisoners in Chapter 8?
2. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
3. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
4. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer all parts.
1) What was Elie Wiesel's purpose in writing Night?
2) What message is the author trying to send?
3) What does the author want the reader to remember about the story?
Essay Topic 2
In Night, we learn a great deal about Elie. Answer all parts.
1) List four adjectives that describe Elie's personality. Include an example from the story for each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief that Elie has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) How does Elie change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Elie to change?
Essay Topic 3
The occupants of the concentration camps lost so much during their confinement. Give an example of something that could be taken for granted which is lost by the occupants while they are confined to the concentration camp. Discuss what it means to lose something that is usually taken for granted.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)