|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
2. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
3. How is Elie's father treated by the other prisoners in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
5. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Answer all parts.
1) Why did the author choose Night for the title of the book? Give examples from the book that explain the title.
2) Do you think the title fits the book? Why or why not?
3) If you could give the book a different title, what would it be? Give reasons for your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the mood or feeling created by the story as a whole. How is this mood or feeling created? Be sure to consider setting as part of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a situation in the story in which Elie acted in a way you disagree with. Describe the situation. Why did Elie act this way? What were the consequences of his actions? Why do you disagree with Elie's reaction to the situation? How would you have reacted? Why?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)