|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
2. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
3. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
4. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
5. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Night, we learn a great deal about Elie. Answer all parts.
1) List four adjectives that describe Elie's personality. Include an example from the story for each adjective.
2) What is a value or belief that Elie has?
3) How does he act on this value or belief?
4) How does Elie change as the book progresses?
5) What causes Elie to change?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a situation in the story in which Elie acted in a way you disagree with. Describe the situation. Why did Elie act this way? What were the consequences of his actions? Why do you disagree with Elie's reaction to the situation? How would you have reacted? Why?
Essay Topic 3
List the main events of Night. Could the order of the main events be changed, or could any main events be left out? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)