Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) His friend, Juliek.
(b) Rabbi Elichou.
(c) His friend, Zalman.
(d) Rabbi Elichou's son.
2. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
(a) Two children are trying to strangle each other for coins.
(b) One of the children looks like a friend he knew at Buchenwald.
(c) He notices one of the homeless people pull a knife.
(d) He sees a prison guard strike the prisoner to the ground.
3. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
(a) He knows he is strong and healthy so he is not concerned.
(b) He doesn't want to begin a new job.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He refuses to take part.
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It is amputated.
(b) It swells.
(c) It is severely injured at work.
(d) It is broken during a fight.
5. What happens on the morning of January 29, 1945?
(a) Elie believes his father is dead.
(b) Elie sees his father taken to the crematory.
(c) The camp is liberated by the Americans.
(d) The prisoners are evacuated again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elie's father treated by the other prisoners in Chapter 8?
2. How does "selection" work?
3. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
4. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
5. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)