|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The Russians never entered the camp.
(b) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(c) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(d) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
2. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
(b) He criticizes God.
(c) He is the prayer leader.
(d) He joins with the others in offering praise.
3. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(c) They choose to remain in the hospital.
(d) They choose to evacuate.
4. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
(a) He begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) He is selected.
(c) He is to be released from the camp.
(d) He is not selected.
5. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
(a) Crushed in a pile of dying prisoners.
(b) Lying next to a dead SS officer.
(c) Buried in a snowpile.
(d) Lying under a collapsed wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
2. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
3. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
4. What does Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
5. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)