|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elie's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread?
2. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
(a) Elie's number is called.
(b) Elie's father's number is called.
(c) Neither Elie nor his father is called.
(d) Both Elie and his father are called.
3. Why does Elie's father make this request at the concentration camp?
(a) He wants Elie to have a chance for survival.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He wants to be with Elie's mother and sister.
(d) Elie's father desperately needs medicine.
4. What is the responsibility of the men who clear out the wagons?
(a) They take out the dead and bury them.
(b) They scour the wagons with boiling water.
(c) They repair the wagons.
(d) They rotate the prisoners between the wagons.
5. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie prays for medical skills so he can help others.
(b) Elie prays to be spiritual.
(c) Elie prays that the son's actions don't cause the rabbi's death.
(d) Elie doesn't want to be like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elie respond to his father's request at the concentration camp?
2. Why do the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
3. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
4. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
5. In what condition is Elie's father when Elie wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)