|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elie's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread?
2. In chapter 7, when Elie wakes up, what is the condition of his father?
(a) Sleeping restlessly.
(b) Sleeping soundly.
(c) Close to death.
(d) Resting comfortably.
3. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
(a) Steal a gun.
4. What is the reaction of the person Elie spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) The person tells Elie to mind his own business.
(b) The person completely ignores Elie.
(c) The person thinks it is an act of charity.
(d) The person tries to stab Elie.
5. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou.
(b) His friend, Zalman.
(c) Rabbi Elichou's son.
(d) His friend, Juliek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
2. What does Elie's father ask Elie to do for him when they are in the concentration camp in chapter 8?
3. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
4. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
5. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)