|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Passenger train car.
(c) Cattle car.
(d) Hay wagon.
2. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
(a) He joins the other prisoners in their refusal to fast.
(b) He is too hungry.
(c) The doctor says he will starve to death if he fasts.
(d) He is rebelling against God.
3. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
(a) His father needs something to remind him of Elie until the result of his selection occurs.
(b) It continues the secret code between father and son.
(c) It reinforces the fact that his father was not selected.
(d) His father needs them to work in the kitchen.
4. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
5. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
(d) Steal a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
2. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
3. How does "selection" work?
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
5. What does Meir Katz, another prisoner, do when Elie calls for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)