|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
(a) He withholds his food and water,
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He makes Elie's father clean the block.
(d) He beats him.
2. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
(a) There are more prisoners to transport.
(b) There are fewer conveyances to carry the prisoners.
(c) There are fewer guards for the prisoners.
(d) The prisoners are so thin.
3. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
(a) He is rebelling against God.
(b) The doctor says he will starve to death if he fasts.
(c) He is too hungry.
(d) He joins the other prisoners in their refusal to fast.
4. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie prays that the son's actions don't cause the rabbi's death.
(b) Elie doesn't want to be like him.
(c) Elie prays to be spiritual.
(d) Elie prays for medical skills so he can help others.
5. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
(a) It shows how little they have.
(b) It means there will be a prayer meeting tonight behind the kitchen.
(c) It is a secret code between Elie and his father.
(d) It means Elie's father now works in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "selection"?
2. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
3. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
4. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
5. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)