|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(b) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
(c) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(d) The Russians never entered the camp.
2. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Hay wagon.
(b) Passenger train car.
(c) Cattle car.
3. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
(a) He makes Elie's father clean the block.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He withholds his food and water,
(d) He beats him.
4. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
(a) There is a thunderstorm approaching.
(b) They are running away from the Russian army.
(c) The SS officers order them to run.
(d) The are trying to keep warm.
5. How does Elie respond to his father's request at the concentration camp?
(a) Elie cries bitterly.
(b) He argues with his father.
(c) He quietly accepts his request.
(d) Elie is speechless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
2. Why do the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
3. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
4. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
5. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)