|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the prisoners find out that they can have soup, what is their reaction?
(a) They draw straws to decide who gets it.
(b) They are too tired to care.
(c) They eagerly devour the soup.
(d) They fight over it.
2. What is the reaction of the person Elie spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) The person tells Elie to mind his own business.
(b) The person tries to stab Elie.
(c) The person completely ignores Elie.
(d) The person thinks it is an act of charity.
3. What happens to Zalman, Elie's acquaintance, when he collapses with a stomach ache?
(a) He is trampled by other prisoners.
(b) Elie picks him up and helps him run.
(c) The medics carry him on a stretcher.
(d) He is shot.
4. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
(a) Elie's bunk is broken.
(b) Elie wants a top bunk.
(c) The prisoners in the bunks next to Elie are bullies.
(d) He wants to be close to his father.
5. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
(a) He is accused of stealing food.
(b) Bodies are piled on top of him.
(c) Elie doesn't know.
(d) Elie is selected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
2. What is Elie's reaction when he realizes his father is dead?
3. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
4. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
5. After Rabbi Elichou asks Elie about his son, what does Elie remember about the son?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)