|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
2. Where was Zalman from?
3. In Chapter 7, where were the prisoners being transported to?
(b) Back to Auschwitz.
4. Why did Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He wanted to get away from his father.
(b) He wanted to be a rabbi like his father.
(c) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
(d) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
5. In particular, what part of the occurrence that Wiesel witnessed later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners caused his reaction?
(a) Two children were trying to strangle each other for coins.
(b) He noticed one of the homeless people pull a knife.
(c) One of the children looked like a friend he knew at Buchenwald.
(d) He saw a prison guard strike the prisoner to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners forced to travel?
2. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
3. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
4. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
5. What is one way that Wiesel addressed God at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Wiesel have to go to the infirmary in Chapter 5?
2. Who was Akiba Drumer and what happened to him in Chapter 5?
3. What argument did Wiesel have with his father at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 5, what was it like when winter came?
5. What was selection?
6. Where did the prisoners take shelter in Chapter 6?
7. How did the prisoners celebrate Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
8. How did Wiesel feel about Rosh Hashanah in the past?
9. In Chapter 5, how did veterans of Buna describe the camp as it was two years ago?
10. Why could Rabbi Eliahu not find his son?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)