|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
(a) Bodies are piled on top of him.
(b) Elie is selected.
(c) Elie doesn't know.
(d) He is accused of stealing food.
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
(a) The prisoners in the bunks next to Elie are bullies.
(b) Elie wants a top bunk.
(c) He wants to be close to his father.
(d) Elie's bunk is broken.
3. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
(b) He wants to be a rabbi like his father.
(c) He wants to get away from his father.
(d) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Sings Jewish folk songs.
(b) Prays aloud.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Plays his violin.
5. When the prisoners do eventually receive their freedom, what do they want?
(a) They ask their liberators to burn the camp to the ground.
(b) They want their captors to suffer the same treatment they received.
(c) They are too weak to care.
(d) They only want food and clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the catalyst for the major event which happens on April 11, 1945?
2. In chapter 6, when Rabbi Elichou asks Elie if he has seen his son, what does Elie say?
3. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
4. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
5. What doesn't Elie do for six days?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)