|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
(a) The rabbi's son thinks he has a better chance of survival if he is separated from his father.
(b) He has no control of his own actions.
(c) His medical training is crucial in this situation.
(d) The rabbi's son is a caring, spiritual person.
2. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
(a) Stealing medicine.
(b) His father.
(c) Getting more blankets.
3. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
(a) He begins a new job in the hospital.
(b) Elie's father is selected.
(c) He is forced to tend the chimney.
(d) Elie's father is not selected.
4. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Cattle car.
(b) Passenger train car.
(c) Hay wagon.
5. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie prays for medical skills so he can help others.
(b) Elie prays to be spiritual.
(c) Elie doesn't want to be like him.
(d) Elie prays that the son's actions don't cause the rabbi's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
2. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
3. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
4. How is Elie's father treated by the other prisoners in Chapter 8?
5. What is "selection"?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)