|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
(b) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
(c) He wants to get away from his father.
(d) He wants to be a rabbi like his father.
2. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
(a) He is not selected.
(b) He is selected.
(c) He is to be released from the camp.
(d) He begins his new job in the kitchen.
3. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A waterspout.
(d) A whirlpool.
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Sings Jewish folk songs.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Prays aloud.
(d) Plays his violin.
5. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
(b) Getting more blankets.
(c) His father.
(d) Stealing medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
2. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
3. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
4. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
5. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)