|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
(a) He is selected.
(b) He is not selected.
(c) He is to be released from the camp.
(d) He begins his new job in the kitchen.
2. What does Elie wonder about on the morning of January 29, 1945?
(a) Where they are being evacuated to.
(b) If his father was still alive when he was taken to the crematory.
(c) Where he will go now that he is free.
(d) What took the Americans so long to liberate the camp.
3. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
(a) His father keeps him awake.
(b) He takes a short nap.
(c) His father builds an indentation in the snow to keep Elie warm.
(d) An SS officer threatens to shoot him.
4. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
(a) He can stay behind in the hospital with his father or he can evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
(b) He can join the Russian army.
(c) He can hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians have left the camp.
(d) He can set out on his own and risk being shot.
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It is broken during a fight.
(b) It is amputated.
(c) It swells.
(d) It is severely injured at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
2. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
3. What is the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they travel to the concentration camp?
4. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
5. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)