|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 7, to what does Elie compare humans?
(a) Guinea pigs.
(b) Canaries in a coal mine.
(c) Beasts of prey.
2. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Plays his violin.
(b) Sings Jewish folk songs.
(c) Prays aloud.
(d) Tells stories.
3. When a workman throws a piece of bread to the prisoners, how do the prisoners react?
(a) They throw it back at the workman.
(b) They draw straws to see who gets the bread.
(c) They are too weak and indifferent to care.
(d) They fight.
4. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father has not been selected.
(b) He finds a note from his father.
(c) His father has been selected.
(d) He finds that his father's possessions are gone.
5. What happens to men who fall to the ground while they are running during evacuation?
(a) They get up and start running.
(b) They are dragged along by other prisoners.
(c) They are shot.
(d) Medics attend to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the responsibility of the men who clear out the wagons?
2. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
3. What happens on the morning of January 29, 1945?
4. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
5. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)