|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What filled the prisoners' brains at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Whirlwind of memories.
(c) Lots of regrets.
2. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
3. How did Wiesel respond to his father's request at the concentration camp?
(a) He cried bitterly.
(b) He was speechless.
(c) He argued with his father.
(d) He quietly accepted his request.
4. What was the responsibility of the men who cleared out the wagons?
(a) They scoured the wagons with boiling water.
(b) They took out the dead and burried them.
(c) They rotated the prisoners between the wagons.
(d) They repaired the wagons.
5. Where did a veteran of Buchenwald tell Wiesel that they would be sent at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Mess hall.
(c) Showers and the blocks.
(d) Work stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7, in the early dawn light how much of a difference was there between the living and the dead?
2. In Chapter 7, where were the prisoners being transported to?
3. After the war, what did Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
5. What time did the bell ring at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wiesel feel about Rosh Hashanah in the past?
2. How did the prisoners celebrate Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
3. Where did the prisoners take shelter in Chapter 6?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, what did Wiesel tell himself?
5. In Chapter 6, what happened to Juliek?
6. In Chapter 5, what was it like when winter came?
7. What advice did the Blockalteste give Wiesel regarding his father in Chapter 8?
8. How were the prisoners crushed into the barracks when they arrived at Gleiwitz in Chapter 6?
9. What was Yom Kippur and what debate was there over the day in Chapter 5?
10. In Chapter 5, how did veterans of Buna describe the camp as it was two years ago?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)