|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
(a) He is not selected.
(b) He begins his new job in the kitchen.
(c) He is selected.
(d) He is to be released from the camp.
2. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) Elie's father is not selected.
(c) Elie's father is selected.
(d) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
3. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Plays his violin.
(b) Sings Jewish folk songs.
(c) Prays aloud.
(d) Tells stories.
4. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(c) They choose to evacuate.
(d) They choose to remain in the hospital.
5. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) His friend, Juliek.
(b) Rabbi Elichou's son.
(c) Rabbi Elichou.
(d) His friend, Zalman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
2. What happens while Elie and his father are talking about the request his father makes?
3. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
4. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
5. When a workman throws a piece of bread to the prisoners, how do the prisoners react?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)