|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A waterspout.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A tornado.
2. What is "selection"?
(a) The process of separating the healthy from the weak.
(b) The process of choosing who is released from the camp.
(c) The process of selecting new prisoners to enter the camp.
(d) The process of selecting prisoners for new jobs.
3. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
(a) He begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) He is not selected.
(c) He is selected.
(d) He is to be released from the camp.
4. What does Elie wonder about on the morning of January 29, 1945?
(a) Where they are being evacuated to.
(b) Where he will go now that he is free.
(c) If his father was still alive when he was taken to the crematory.
(d) What took the Americans so long to liberate the camp.
5. What happens to Zalman, Elie's acquaintance, when he collapses with a stomach ache?
(a) He is shot.
(b) Elie picks him up and helps him run.
(c) He is trampled by other prisoners.
(d) The medics carry him on a stretcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
2. What is the workman's reaction as he watches the prisoners after he gives them the bread?
3. When a workman throws a piece of bread to the prisoners, how do the prisoners react?
4. What happens to men who fall to the ground while they are running during evacuation?
5. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)