|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie did not want to be like him.
(b) Elie prayed for medical skills so he could help others.
(c) Elie prayed that the son's actions would not cause the rabbi's death.
(d) Elie prayed to be spiritual.
2. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
3. Where was Zalman from?
4. What feeling did Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
5. What did Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
(a) Zalman was dead.
(b) Rabbi Elichou was dead.
(c) Juliek was dead.
(d) Rabbi Elichou's son was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why were the prisoners running as they were evacuated?
2. Why did Wiesel return the knife and spoon to his father in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 7, when Wiesel woke up as he was transported with the other prisoners to the concentration camp, what was happening to him?
4. Why did Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
5. What was the reaction of the person Wiesel spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the prisoners take shelter in Chapter 6?
2. How did the prisoners celebrate Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
3. Why would Wiesel's father not let him sleep in Chapter 6 while they sheltered in an old factory?
4. In Chapter 5, how did veterans of Buna describe the camp as it was two years ago?
5. Who was Akiba Drumer and what happened to him in Chapter 5?
6. At the end of Chapter 6, how did the prisoners quench their thirst?
7. In Chapter 6, how far did the prisoners run and what condition were they in when they finished?
8. What was selection?
9. Who was Meir Katz and what happened to him?
10. What advice did the Blockalteste give Wiesel regarding his father in Chapter 8?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)