|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie doesn't want to be like him.
(b) Elie prays for medical skills so he can help others.
(c) Elie prays that the son's actions don't cause the rabbi's death.
(d) Elie prays to be spiritual.
2. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
(a) Elie's bunk is broken.
(b) The prisoners in the bunks next to Elie are bullies.
(c) He wants to be close to his father.
(d) Elie wants a top bunk.
3. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
(a) Nothing-they were being punished for observing a Jewish holiday.
(b) A crust of bread.
(c) Nothing-their religion prohibits them from eating on this day.
(d) Thick soup.
4. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
(a) His father keeps him awake.
(b) An SS officer threatens to shoot him.
(c) He takes a short nap.
(d) His father builds an indentation in the snow to keep Elie warm.
5. What happens while Elie and his father are talking about the request his father makes?
(a) Guards take Elie's father away.
(b) Elie's father dies.
(c) The air raid sirens wail.
(d) The Russian army returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
2. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
3. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
4. What is Elie's reaction to the event he witnesses later in life which reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
5. What is the responsibility of the men who clear out the wagons?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)