|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
(a) There are fewer conveyances to carry the prisoners.
(b) There are more prisoners to transport.
(c) The prisoners are so thin.
(d) There are fewer guards for the prisoners.
2. In chapter 7, to what does Elie compare humans?
(b) Canaries in a coal mine.
(c) Beasts of prey.
(d) Guinea pigs.
3. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
(a) Elie's father's number is called.
(b) Elie's number is called.
(c) Neither Elie nor his father is called.
(d) Both Elie and his father are called.
4. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A waterspout.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tidal wave.
5. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
(b) Steal a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
2. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
3. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
4. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
5. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)