|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Prays aloud.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Plays his violin.
(d) Sings Jewish folk songs.
2. What does Elie think about when he wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
(b) Getting more blankets.
(c) Stealing medicine.
(d) His father.
3. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A whirlpool.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A waterspout.
(d) A tornado.
4. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
(b) He is the prayer leader.
(c) He joins with the others in offering praise.
(d) He criticizes God.
5. According to Elie, what does indifference do to the spirit?
(a) Rejuvenates it.
(b) Deadens it.
(c) Fills it.
(d) Energizes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
2. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
3. In what condition is Elie's father when Elie wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
4. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
5. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)