|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(b) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(c) The Russians never entered the camp.
(d) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
2. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
(b) He wants to be a rabbi like his father.
(c) He wants to get away from his father.
(d) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
3. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
(a) Sings Jewish folk songs.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Plays his violin.
(d) Prays aloud.
4. What does Meir Katz, another prisoner, do when Elie calls for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
(a) He helps Elie.
(b) A guard who helps Elie.
(c) The rabbi who prays for Elie.
(d) A man who tries to take Elie from the wagon.
5. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father is selected.
(b) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
(c) Elie's father is not selected.
(d) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
2. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
3. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
4. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
5. In chapter 7, to what does Elie compare humans?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)