|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the foreman want Wiesel to do?
(a) Smuggle food from the kitchen.
(b) Give him his gold tooth.
(c) Smuggle soap from the shower.
(d) Steal electrical parts.
2. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) A Polish prisoner.
(b) Wiesel's father.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) An SS officer.
3. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) There were games and a victrola.
(b) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(c) Crowded and hot.
(d) There was a seating and sleeping area.
4. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) More than a half a hour.
(d) 40 minutes.
5. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
2. Whose number is A-7713?
3. In Chapter 3, what was the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
4. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
5. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Weisel want to do in the spring of 1944?
2. What did the German officer and the Hungarian interpreter tell the Jews on the train to the concentration camp in Chapter 2?
3. What did the tent leader's aide want from Wiesel and what would he give in return in Chapter 4?
4. How did Weisel's attitude about food change in Chapter 3?
5. What did the prisoners feel when they learned about the crematorium in Chapter 3?
6. What did Buna look like when Wiesel arrived in Chapter 4?
7. What did Madame Schachter scream about shortly after the train stopped and how did that relate to what the prisoners saw when they got off the train cars?
8. Describe the relationship between Moshe the Beadle and Wiesel.
9. Why was Wiesel able to keep his new pair of shoes in Chapter 3?
10. What happened when the Jews walked toward the station at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)