|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what happened to Wiesel when he was working?
(a) He injured his hand severely.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He was taunted and teased by the other workers.
(d) He received a promotion.
2. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They sat on her.
(b) They hit her on the head.
(c) The men continued to ignore her outbursts.
(d) The men promised to put out the fire.
3. In Chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what were the occupants allowed to have?
(a) Fresh clothing.
4. How old were some of the youngest from Wiesel's convoy in Chapter 4?
(a) 10 and 12.
(b) 8 and 9.
(c) 10 and 11.
(d) 13 and 14.
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(b) Life returned to normal.
(c) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(d) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what age did Wiesel claim to be?
2. Why did the dentist not pull Elie's tooth in Chapter 4?
3. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
4. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what is Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why was the dentist office shut down?
2. How did Weisel's attitude about food change in Chapter 3?
3. How did Franck get Wiesel to part with his gold tooth?
4. Why was Wiesel able to keep his new pair of shoes in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 3, what did an SS officer tell the prisoners about Auschwitz?
6. What did the tent leader's aide want from Wiesel and what would he give in return in Chapter 4?
7. How did Moshe's experiences during the deportation change him?
8. What happened to men who appeared to be strong when the Wiesel and his father were assigned to a barracks in Chapter 3?
9. How were the people of Sighet lulled into a false sense of security by the German troops who entered Sighet in the spring of 1944?
10. What type of work was Wiesel given to do in Chapter 4?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)