|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Move the family to America.
(c) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Spend more time with him.
2. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Four hours.
3. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(b) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(c) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(d) He was highly respected.
4. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They were compassionate toward them.
(b) They did not particularly like them.
(c) They respected them.
(d) They hated them.
5. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
2. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, who did Wiesel see wandering between the blocks?
5. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did an SS officer tell the prisoners about Auschwitz?
2. In Chapter 4, why was the dentist office shut down?
3. What did Madame Schachter scream about shortly after the train stopped and how did that relate to what the prisoners saw when they got off the train cars?
4. Describe the relationship between Moshe the Beadle and Wiesel.
5. What happened when the Jews walked toward the station at the end of Chapter 1?
6. Why was Wiesel able to keep his new pair of shoes in Chapter 3?
7. How did the Jews on the train in Chapter 2 feel when they heard what the men who went to get water reported?
8. In Chapter 4, where did Wiesel say that he again met a woman he had worked with in the concentration camp?
9. How were the people of Sighet lulled into a false sense of security by the German troops who entered Sighet in the spring of 1944?
10. In Chapter 2 after arriving at the Auschwitz station, what did two men learn when they were sent to get water?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)