|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
(a) Wiesel never saw him again.
(b) The man tried to kill Wiesel.
(c) The man tried to get Wiesel in trouble with the guards.
(d) The man told Wiesel he understood why he lied.
2. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
(c) The crematory.
(d) Firing squad.
3. What color were the eyes of the man who joined the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
(a) They tried to comfort her.
(b) They peeked through the bars but saw nothing.
(c) They threatened to throw her from the train.
(d) They ignored her.
5. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
2. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
3. What color was Tzipora's hair?
4. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
5. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did an SS officer tell the prisoners about Auschwitz?
2. How did Franck get Wiesel to part with his gold tooth?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what did the people of Sighet believe about the lives of the deportees?
4. What did the German officer and the Hungarian interpreter tell the Jews on the train to the concentration camp in Chapter 2?
5. What happened to Moshe and his companions who were deported?
6. What did Buna look like when Wiesel arrived in Chapter 4?
7. Why was Wiesel able to keep his new pair of shoes in Chapter 3?
8. What happened when the Jews walked toward the station at the end of Chapter 1?
9. Who was the head of the camp in Chapter 4 and how did he act?
10. What type of work was Wiesel given to do in Chapter 4?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)