|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what age did Wiesel claim to be?
2. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He did not have a job.
(b) With Elie's father.
(c) He taught religion at a high school.
(d) A Hasidic synagogue.
3. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old man.
4. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
(a) The crematory.
(b) Firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
2. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
5. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2 after arriving at the Auschwitz station, what did two men learn when they were sent to get water?
2. How did some of the passengers let go of their inhibitions in Chapter 2?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what did the people of Sighet believe about the lives of the deportees?
4. What did Buna look like when Wiesel arrived in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, where did Wiesel say that he again met a woman he had worked with in the concentration camp?
6. How did the Jews on the train in Chapter 2 feel when they heard what the men who went to get water reported?
7. Describe the relationship between Moshe the Beadle and Wiesel.
8. What did Madame Schachter scream about shortly after the train stopped and how did that relate to what the prisoners saw when they got off the train cars?
9. What did Weisel want to do in the spring of 1944?
10. In Chapter 4, how did Wiesel describe the tent leader?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)