Short Essay Answer Key
1. Describe the relationship between Moshe the Beadle and Elie.
Elie and Moshe were friends. They enjoyed discussing philosophy and religion.
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what do the people of Sighet believe about the lives of the deportees?
The people of Sighet believe those who were deported are comfortable working and living in their new surroundings.
3. How do the people of Sighet get the information about the Moshe and the other foreign Jews who were deported?
Rumors were circulated that the deportees were content.
4. How were the people of Sighet lulled into a false sense of security by the German troops who entered Sighet in the spring of 1944?
The soldiers seemed friendly and peaceful while they lived in private houses in Sighet.
5. According to Moshe, what is the truth about what happened...
This section contains 2,478 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)