Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Moshe the Beadle and Elie.
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what do the people of Sighet believe about the lives of the deportees?
3. How do the people of Sighet get the information about the Moshe and the other foreign Jews who were deported?
4. How were the people of Sighet lulled into a false sense of security by the German troops who entered Sighet in the spring of 1944?
5. According to Moshe, what is the truth about what happened on the train trip on which he and other foreign Jews are deported?
6. Using cause and effect statements, explain the change in Moshe the Beadle in chapter one.
7. How does life deteriorate for the Jews after the Hungarian police arrest the Jewish community leaders during Passover?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)