Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 (Pages 1 20)
1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
Moshe the Beadle.
2. Where is Sighet?
3. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
He is highly respected.
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
6. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
They are put on cattle cars.
7. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
Life returns to normal.
8. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
9. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
He is shot in the...
This section contains 3,238 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)