|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (Pages 107 Ã‚â€“ 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(b) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
(c) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(d) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
2. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
(a) The foreman beats Elie so his tooth falls out.
(b) The foreman tells the camp commander that Elie stole food.
(c) The foreman sends Elie to solitary confinement.
(d) The foreman abuses Elie's father.
3. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
4. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) A German prisoner.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) An SS officer.
(d) Elie's father.
5. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They sit on her.
(b) The men continue to ignore her outbursts.
(c) The men promise to put out the fire.
(d) They gag her, tie her up, and hit her in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
2. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
4. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
5. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)