|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) Wiesel's father.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) An SS officer.
3. What feeling did Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
4. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
(a) Thick soup.
(b) A crust of bread.
(c) Nothing--their religion prohibits them from eating on this day.
(d) Nothing--they were being punished for observing a Jewish holiday.
5. What did the SS officers call the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Flea-bitten corpses.
(b) Flea-ridden dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
2. What did Elie struggle to do when he found himself in the deserted village?
3. In Chapter 9, what did Elie want to do that he had not done since living in the ghetto?
4. In German language, what did the French girl who witnessed the event while Elie iwa working tell him to do in Chapter 4?
5. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)