|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how did the Rosh Hashanah service end?
2. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They were compassionate toward them.
(b) They did not particularly like them.
(c) They respected them.
(d) They hated them.
3. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(b) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(d) He was highly respected.
4. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
(a) For trafficking gold teeth.
(b) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(c) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(d) For threatening Elie's father.
5. Where was Wiesel sent in Chapter 9 after his father died?
(a) To the camp hospital.
(b) To the children's block.
(c) To another concentration camp.
(d) To solitary confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Elie come to when he remembered the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. In Chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happened to Eli's father?
3. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
4. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners moving?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)