|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She cries about being separated from her family.
(b) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(c) She complains that she is ill.
(d) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
2. What is the responsibility of the men who clear out the wagons?
(a) They rotate the prisoners between the wagons.
(b) They scour the wagons with boiling water.
(c) They repair the wagons.
(d) They take out the dead and bury them.
3. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(b) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(c) They are to run.
(d) They are to crawl.
4. When Elie meets the woman who witnessed the event in Auschwitz while Elie was working after the war, what does she tell him?
(a) She was severely punished for speaking to Elie when he was beaten.
(b) She is a distant relative.
(c) She saw his mother and sister go to a crematory at another camp.
(d) She is actually Jewish, not French.
5. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
(a) Drafty and damp.
(b) Crowded and unsanitary.
(c) Chaotic and noisy.
(d) Spacious and clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
2. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
3. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
5. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)