|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
(a) Go through the selection process again.
(b) Have surgery.
(c) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
(d) Hide his injury.
2. What was Wiesel's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
(b) A reason for their suffering.
(c) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(d) They formulate an escape plan.
4. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Five hours.
5. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) They cheered wildly.
(b) They were completely silent.
(c) There was a brief uprising.
(d) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, what happened to Wiesel when he was working?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
4. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)