|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
(a) The children and adults are separated.
(b) They are sent directly to hard labor in a rock quarry.
(c) The men and women are separated.
(d) They are given food and water.
2. What happens to Elie after he is freed?
(a) He goes back to Sighet.
(b) He demands revenge.
(c) He heads a committee which ensures all Jews receive proper care.
(d) He becomes ill and stays in the hospital.
3. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(c) They are separated from their relatives.
(d) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
4. Why doesn't the dentist pull Elie's tooth?
(a) Elie says he doesn't feel well.
(b) Elie tries to run away.
(c) Elie says he is late for work.
(d) Elie says the tooth doesn't hurt.
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works with Elie's father.
(b) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(c) He teaches religion at a high school.
(d) He does not have a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
2. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
3. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
4. What is Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand?
5. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)