|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Elie wants to do after his father dies?
2. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
(a) Thinking about food instead of his father.
(b) Stealing medicine from those who need it.
(c) Hoping he wouldn't find his father alive.
(d) Stealing blankets from freezing children.
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
(a) They are forced to cook for the German soldiers.
(b) They offer rooms to relatives who have lost their homes.
(c) They give their valuables to relatives who can hide them.
(d) They hide Jews who are trying to escape.
4. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Jewish children are no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(b) Each Jew must wear a yellow star.
(c) All Jews must wear a black star.
(d) Each Jew must wear black or grey.
5. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) A Polish prisoner.
(b) Elie's father.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) An SS officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "selection"?
2. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. What does the author say the cattle car is?
4. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
5. By chapter 8, how does the existence of the chimney affect the prisoners?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)