|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They were compassionate toward them.
(b) They respected them.
(c) They hated them.
(d) They did not particularly like them.
2. What color was Tzipora's hair?
3. Who or what was waiting for the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) SS officers.
(d) Dr. Mengele.
4. In particular, what part of the occurrence that Wiesel witnessed later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners caused his reaction?
(a) He noticed one of the homeless people pull a knife.
(b) Two children were trying to strangle each other for coins.
(c) One of the children looked like a friend he knew at Buchenwald.
(d) He saw a prison guard strike the prisoner to the ground.
5. What happened while Wiesel and his father were talking about the request his father made?
(a) The Russian army returned.
(b) The air raid sirens wailed.
(c) Guards took Wiesel's father away.
(d) Wisel's father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
3. What happened after the round of selection in which Wiesel's father's number was called in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 6, what happened to men who fell to the ground when they were being evacuated?
5. In Chapter 9 on April 5, how long did the prisoners stand inside the block waiting for an SS office to count them?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)