|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the prisoners' actions after they received their freedom in Chapter 9?
(a) They were angry and resentful, so they demanded revenge.
(b) They wanted the physical reminders of their experiences destroyed.
(c) Survival is more important than getting revenge.
(d) They had been tortured and humiliated beyond all human limits.
2. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
3. After the war when Wiesel met the woman who pretended to be Aryan rather than a Jew at the concentration camp, what did she tell him?
(a) She was severely punished for speaking to Elie when he was beaten.
(b) She is a distant relative.
(c) She saw his mother and sister go to a crematory at another camp.
(d) She is actually Jewish, not French.
4. In Chapter 4, what did the foreman want Wiesel to do?
(a) Give him his gold tooth.
(b) Smuggle food from the kitchen.
(c) Steal electrical parts.
(d) Smuggle soap from the shower.
5. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wiesel not do for six days in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
3. In Chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happened to Eli's father?
4. What is "selection"?
5. In Chapter 7, when Wiesel awoke, what was the condition of his father?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)