|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (Pages 107 Ã‚â€“ 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) A Hungarian policeman.
(b) Moshe the Beadle.
(c) Elie Wiesel.
(d) Elie's father.
2. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(b) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(c) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(d) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
3. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
(a) He agrees to spend more time with Elie.
(b) He says he is too old to start over.
(c) He reminds Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(d) He says helping more Jews is too dangerous.
4. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
(b) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(c) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(d) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) He works with Elie's father.
(c) He teaches religion at a high school.
(d) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
2. What does Meir Katz, another prisoner, do when Elie calls for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
3. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
4. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
5. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)