|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Elie do for six days?
(b) Receive his medicine.
2. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
(a) He agrees to spend more time with Elie.
(b) He says helping more Jews is too dangerous.
(c) He reminds Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(d) He says he is too old to start over.
3. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He tries to commit suicide.
(b) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(c) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(d) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
4. When the prisoners find out that they can have soup, what is their reaction?
(a) They fight over it.
(b) They eagerly devour the soup.
(c) They are too tired to care.
(d) They draw straws to decide who gets it.
5. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
(a) Elie's father is not selected.
(b) He is forced to tend the chimney.
(c) He begins a new job in the hospital.
(d) Elie's father is selected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
2. What is the catalyst for the major event which happens on April 11, 1945?
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
4. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
5. What do the prisoners no longer have access to as of April 5, 1945?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)