|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (Pages 107 Ã‚â€“ 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He is the prayer leader.
(b) He criticizes God.
(c) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
(d) He joins with the others in offering praise.
2. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(b) They try to comfort her.
(c) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(d) They ignore her.
3. What is A-7713?
(a) The number branded on Elie's arm.
(b) The number of Elie's prison block.
(c) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
(d) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
4. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
(b) She worries that the train will derail.
(c) She continues to complain that she is ill.
(d) She screams for more food and water.
5. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He withholds his food and water,
(d) He makes Elie's father clean the block.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
2. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
3. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
4. What is Birkenau?
5. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)