|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(a) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(b) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
(c) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
(d) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
3. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) The reception area for Dachau.
(b) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(c) The reception area for Kaschau.
(d) The reception area for Auschwitz.
4. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
(a) She screamed about fire, flames, and a furnace.
(b) She screamed for more food and water.
(c) She continued to complain that she was ill.
(d) She worried that the train would derail.
5. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He destroyed their valuables rather that surrender them.
(b) He buried their savings in the basement.
(c) He gave their savings to a relative who could safely hide them.
(d) He surrendered their valuables to the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many ranks were the prisoners ordered to form?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
4. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
5. What happened while Wiesel and his father were talking about the request his father made?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)