|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prisoners no longer have access to as of April 5, 1945?
(a) Fresh air.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Their possessions.
(d) Their bunks.
2. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
(a) Making himself very noticeable.
(d) Making himself insignificant, invisible.
3. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
(a) Sit on one another's laps.
(b) Hug one another.
(c) Caress one another.
(d) Comfort one another.
4. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
(a) The train crashed into a trestle.
(b) The Gestapo ordered the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(c) The last few train cars derailed.
(d) The train was taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
5. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
(a) Wiesel thought he was telling the truth.
(b) He was afraid of the man.
(c) He was afraid the guards would for punish them for talking, so he tried to make the man leave quickly.
(d) He wanted to give the man hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
2. What caused the prisoners' actions after they received their freedom in Chapter 9?
3. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
5. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)