|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the SS officers call the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Flea-ridden dogs.
(d) Flea-bitten corpses.
2. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He immersed himself in prayer.
(b) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(c) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
3. Why did the dentist not pull Elie's tooth in Chapter 4?
(a) Elie said he was late for work.
(b) Elie said the tooth did not hurt.
(c) Elie said he did not feel well.
(d) Elie tried to run away.
4. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
(a) He wanted to give the man hope.
(b) He was afraid of the man.
(c) He was afraid the guards would for punish them for talking, so he tried to make the man leave quickly.
(d) Wiesel thought he was telling the truth.
5. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What realization did Elie come to when he remembered the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
3. What was the workman's reaction as he watched the prisoners after he gave them the bread in Chapter 7?
4. What is Wiesel's emotional state that resulted from his time spent in the concentration camp?
5. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)