|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Auschwitz?
(a) The name of the "station" where the train stopped.
(b) The name of the train they were on.
(c) The name of the Hungarian interpreter.
(d) The reception center for Dachau.
2. What did the person who Elie found in a pile of bodies do as Elie fell asleep?
(a) Prayed aloud.
(b) Sang Jewish folk songs.
(c) Played his violin.
(d) Told stories.
3. In Chapter 3, what was the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
(a) The conditions were about the same as the place they came from.
(b) They seemed dismal, but not disagreeable, conditions.
(c) The conditions were far worse than they could have imagined.
(d) It looked as if the conditions would be more favorable than at the place they came from.
4. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) She did not know if Elie could understand her German.
(b) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(c) She could have been killed for speaking German.
(d) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
5. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) The reception area for Dachau.
(b) The reception area for Auschwitz.
(c) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(d) The reception area for Kaschau.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
2. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
3. In Chapter 9, on April 10th, what was going to happen to those left in camp?
4. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
5. What caused the prisoners' actions after they received their freedom in Chapter 9?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)