|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Hitler's army had strengthened.
(b) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(c) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(d) The deported occupants were executed.
2. How did Wiesel's father fare in the first round of the selection process in Chapter 5?
(a) He was not selected.
(b) He was to be released from the camp.
(c) He began his new job in the kitchen.
(d) He was selected.
3. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
(a) They all stood.
(b) Most stood up, some sat.
(c) They all sat crowded elbow-to-elbow.
(d) They crouched.
4. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
(a) For threatening Elie's father.
(b) For trafficking gold teeth.
(c) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(d) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
5. How many corpses were thrown from the wagon in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
2. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
3. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)