|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 Ã‚â€“ 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
(b) Steal a gun.
2. What happens to Zalman, Elie's acquaintance, when he collapses with a stomach ache?
(a) He is shot.
(b) The medics carry him on a stretcher.
(c) Elie picks him up and helps him run.
(d) He is trampled by other prisoners.
3. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
(a) He can stay behind in the hospital with his father or he can evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
(b) He can set out on his own and risk being shot.
(c) He can hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians have left the camp.
(d) He can join the Russian army.
4. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) Elie's father.
(b) An SS officer.
(c) A Polish prisoner.
(d) A German prisoner.
5. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are awoken every hour for roll call.
(b) They are not permitted to sleep.
(c) They sleep soundly.
(d) They sleep restlessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners learn at roll call on April 5, 1945?
2. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
3. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
4. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
5. What major event occurs on April 11, 1945 ?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)