|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 (Pages 107 Ã‚â€“ 109).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) People regard him as a great philosopher.
(b) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
(c) They question his sanity.
(d) They see him as a prophet.
2. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
(a) The Russians never entered the camp.
(b) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(c) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
(d) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
3. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
(a) The new prisoners must take care of the chimney.
(b) The prisoners are required to begin their new jobs immediately.
(c) They are sent to the crematory.
(d) Those selected are released from camp, then shot.
4. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She is his teacher.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She often visited his family's home.
(d) She is sitting next to him during the long train trip.
5. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She continues to be hysterical.
(b) She becomes eerily quiet.
(c) She becomes extremely violent.
(d) She finally calms down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
2. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
3. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
4. What is the only thing Elie wants to do after his father dies?
5. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)