|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) The railroad station.
2. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(a) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(b) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) Barbed wire.
3. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) She could have been killed for speaking German.
(b) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(c) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
(d) She did not know if Elie could understand her German.
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(c) Playing board games.
(d) Discussing philosophy.
5. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) Move the family to America.
(d) Spend more time with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
2. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
3. What is one way that Wiesel addressed God at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
5. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)