|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) A closet.
(c) An oven.
(d) A trap.
2. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
(a) His wide, dreamy eyes.
(b) His manner of speaking.
(c) His vast knowledge.
(d) The way he carried himself.
3. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He buried their savings in the basement.
(b) He gave their savings to a relative who could safely hide them.
(c) He surrendered their valuables to the Germans.
(d) He destroyed their valuables rather that surrender them.
4. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(c) Ride in filthy wagons.
(d) March in strict formation.
5. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
(a) The officer knocked him to the ground.
(b) He was sent to the crematory.
(c) He was ignored.
(d) The officer yelled racial slurs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
2. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
3. In Chapter 5, what happened to Wiesel's leg?
4. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
5. In Chapter 5, how many crematoria work day and night?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)