|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) They choose to remain in the hospital.
(b) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(c) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(d) They choose to evacuate.
2. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
(a) The only comfort she finds is in unconsciousness.
(b) She is comforted by the fact that the men will protect her.
(c) She can only be consoled by Elie.
(d) She cannot be consoled by anyone.
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
(a) They are forced to cook for the German soldiers.
(b) They hide Jews who are trying to escape.
(c) They offer rooms to relatives who have lost their homes.
(d) They give their valuables to relatives who can hide them.
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(b) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(c) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(d) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
5. What finally convinces Elie to give in to the foreman's demand?
(a) Getting on the good side of the camp commander.
(b) Getting out of solitary confinement.
(c) The foreman's continual abuse of Elie's father.
(d) Tiring of personal abuse from the foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
2. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
3. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
4. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)