|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (Pages 63 Ã‚â€“ 80).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(b) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(c) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(d) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
2. What happens to Zalman, Elie's acquaintance, when he collapses with a stomach ache?
(a) The medics carry him on a stretcher.
(b) Elie picks him up and helps him run.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is trampled by other prisoners.
3. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
(a) He works in the electrical warehouse.
(b) He works in the camp kitchen.
(c) He cleans the camp showers.
(d) He assists the camp dentist.
4. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to run.
(b) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(c) They are to crawl.
(d) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
5. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(c) Fresh clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
2. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. In chapter 6, when Rabbi Elichou asks Elie if he has seen his son, what does Elie say?
4. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
5. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)