|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
(a) He agreed to spend more time with Elie.
(b) He reminded Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(c) He said he is too old to start over.
(d) He said helping more Jews was too dangerous.
2. In Chapter 3, how did Wiesel feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
(a) He should have yelled racial slurs back at the attacker.
(b) He should have run and hid.
(c) He should have attacked the assailant.
(d) He should have repeated the question.
3. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) A deserted warehouse.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) The railroad station.
4. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They considered him to be a gifted storyteller.
(b) They questioned his sanity.
(c) People regarded him as a great philosopher.
(d) They saw him as a prophet.
5. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
(a) No one.
(b) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(c) Her ten-year-old son.
(d) Her husband and two oldest sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
3. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)