|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
(a) Comfort one another.
(b) Caress one another.
(c) Sit on one another's laps.
(d) Hug one another.
2. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
3. Why did Wiesel not fast on Yom Kippur in Chapter 5?
(a) He was too hungry.
(b) The doctor said he would starve to death if he fasted.
(c) He was rebelling against God.
(d) He joined the other prisoners in their refusal to fast.
4. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Run laps.
(b) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
(c) Stand in formation for over an hour.
(d) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
5. In Chapter 6, what happened to men who fell to the ground when they were being evacuated?
(a) They were dragged along by other prisoners.
(b) They got up and ran again.
(c) Medics attended to them.
(d) They were shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
2. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
3. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
4. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
5. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)