|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A trap.
(b) A closet.
(c) An oven.
(d) A shoebox.
2. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
(a) He collapses from grief.
(b) He remains quiet and returns to his place in the ranks.
(c) He weeps with joy.
(d) He cries bitterly and hysterically.
3. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
(a) Lie flat on the ground.
(b) Man anti-aircraft artillery.
(c) Take cover in their lodgings.
(d) Take cover in cement air raid shelters.
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
(c) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(b) He works with Elie's father.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He teaches religion at a high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
2. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
3. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
4. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
5. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)