|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why were the prisoners running as they were evacuated?
(a) They were trying to keep warm.
(b) There was a storm approaching.
(c) The SS officers ordered them to run.
(d) They were running from the Russian army.
2. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unconscious from her illness.
(b) She began to scream again.
(c) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
(d) She fell asleep.
3. Who did Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou's son.
(b) Rabbi Elichou.
(c) His friend, Zalman.
(d) His friend, Juliek.
4. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) That the man's family was sent to the crematorium.
(b) That the man's family was at another camp.
(c) That the man's family had not been heard from.
(d) That he knew the man's family was safe.
5. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He stole a truck.
(b) He agreed to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(c) He was shot in the leg and left for dead.
(d) He disguised himself as a Gestapo agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, what was Wiesel's job in the camp?
3. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
4. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
5. After the war, what did Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp in Chapter 5?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)