|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(b) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(c) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
(d) It does not detonate.
2. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Hay wagon.
(b) Cattle car.
(c) Passenger train car.
3. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see fire.
(b) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(c) They see barbed wire.
(d) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
4. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(b) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(c) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(d) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
5. How does "selection" work?
(a) The authorities do not share the process of selecting new prisoners for the camp.
(b) The authorities randomly select the numbers of prisoners for new jobs.
(c) The prisoners have to pass tests which demonstrate that they are healthy and strong.
(d) The authorities select a certain group of numbers to be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
2. What does Elie struggle to do when he finds himself in the deserted village?
3. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
4. How does Moshe's experience change him?
5. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)