|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) Remain in their houses for three days.
2. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
(b) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
(c) All Jews had to wear a black star.
(d) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
3. In Chapter 6, why were the prisoners running as they were evacuated?
(a) There was a storm approaching.
(b) They were running from the Russian army.
(c) They were trying to keep warm.
(d) The SS officers ordered them to run.
4. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
(a) It meant there would be a prayer meeting that night behind the kitchen.
(b) It shows how little they had.
(c) It was a secret code between Elie and his father.
(d) It meant Elie's father now worked in the kitchen.
5. Why did Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
(b) He wanted to be a rabbi like his father.
(c) He wanted to get away from his father.
(d) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Birkenau, what did a fellow prisoner tell Wiesel and his father to do?
2. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
3. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
4. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
5. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)