|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They sat on her.
(b) The men continued to ignore her outbursts.
(c) The men promised to put out the fire.
(d) They hit her on the head.
2. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They saw him as a prophet.
(b) They questioned his sanity.
(c) People regarded him as a great philosopher.
(d) They considered him to be a gifted storyteller.
3. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Move the family to America.
(b) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) Spend more time with him.
(d) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
4. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) Wiesel's father.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) An SS officer.
5. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He collapsed from grief.
(b) He wept with joy.
(c) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(d) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
3. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
4. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
5. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)