|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(b) Ride in filthy wagons.
(c) March in strict formation.
2. How dark or light was the night at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Bright as day.
(c) Full moon.
(d) Hazy with a half moon.
3. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) The SS officers made them watch the crematorium.
(b) Branded them with numbers.
(c) Forced them to march five miles.
(d) Withheld their food and water.
4. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
(a) He said helping more Jews was too dangerous.
(b) He reminded Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(c) He said he is too old to start over.
(d) He agreed to spend more time with Elie.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, who did Wiesel see wandering between the blocks?
(a) Young women.
(b) "Well-dressed" inmates.
(c) SS officers.
(d) Young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
2. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
3. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)