|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there 100 passengers crowded together as they traveled in Chapter 6?
(a) The prisoners were so thin.
(b) There were fewer conveyances to carry the prisoners.
(c) There were more prisoners to transport.
(d) There were fewer guards for the prisoners.
2. What did Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie did not want to be like him.
(b) Elie prayed for medical skills so he could help others.
(c) Elie prayed that the son's actions would not cause the rabbi's death.
(d) Elie prayed to be spiritual.
3. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young girl.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
2. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
3. What were Wiesel's feelings about selection in Chapter 5?
4. What did the person who Elie found in a pile of bodies do as Elie fell asleep?
5. What did Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)