|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Hitler's army had strengthened.
(b) The deported occupants were executed.
(c) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(d) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
(b) Stand in formation for over an hour.
(c) Run laps.
(d) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
3. What was Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand in Chapter 4?
(a) Elie agreed to steal electrical parts.
(b) Elie refused to give the foreman his tooth.
(c) Elie agreed to smuggle soap.
(d) Elie refused to smuggle food.
4. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
(a) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
(b) Hide his injury.
(c) Go through the selection process again.
(d) Have surgery.
5. Where is Sighet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what age did Wiesel claim to be?
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
3. What did Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
4. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
5. What is one way that Wiesel addressed God at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)