|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
(b) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
(c) Elie's father is not selected.
(d) Elie's father is selected.
2. What does Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
(a) Zalman is dead.
(b) Juliek is dead.
(c) Rabbi Elichou's son is dead.
(d) Rabbi Elichou is dead.
3. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(b) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(c) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
(d) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
4. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She continues to be hysterical.
(b) She becomes extremely violent.
(c) She finally calms down.
(d) She becomes eerily quiet.
5. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
(a) Lie flat on the ground.
(b) Take cover in cement air raid shelters.
(c) Take cover in their lodgings.
(d) Man anti-aircraft artillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
2. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
3. What happens when the man looking for his family learns the truth?
4. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)