|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (Pages 63 Ã‚â€“ 80).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
(a) He works in the camp kitchen.
(b) He cleans the camp showers.
(c) He works in the electrical warehouse.
(d) He assists the camp dentist.
2. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(a) Warm clothing.
3. When Elie meets the woman who witnessed the event in Auschwitz while Elie was working after the war, what does she tell him?
(a) She was severely punished for speaking to Elie when he was beaten.
(b) She is actually Jewish, not French.
(c) She is a distant relative.
(d) She saw his mother and sister go to a crematory at another camp.
4. What are Elie's feelings about selection?
(a) He knows he is strong and healthy so he is not concerned.
(b) He refuses to take part.
(c) He doesn't want to begin a new job.
(d) He is worried.
5. What does Elie believe when he and his father are sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He thinks they are in the fortunate group.
(b) He believes that he and his father will now be separated.
(c) He thinks they will be shot immediately.
(d) He believes they are being sent to the crematory.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the prisoners take refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where does Elie find himself?
2. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
3. What is A-7713?
4. What does the person who Elie finds in a pile of bodies do as Elie falls asleep?
5. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)