|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet.
(b) A trap.
(c) An oven.
(d) A shoebox.
2. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) All Jews had to wear a black star.
(b) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
(c) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(d) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
3. How did Wiesel's father fare in the first round of the selection process in Chapter 5?
(a) He was to be released from the camp.
(b) He was not selected.
(c) He began his new job in the kitchen.
(d) He was selected.
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
(a) They were systematically executed.
(b) They were confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(c) They were put on cattle cars.
(d) They had to surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
5. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
(a) For threatening Elie's father.
(b) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(c) For trafficking gold teeth.
(d) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what were the occupants allowed to have?
2. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
3. How did "selection" work?
4. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Wiesel say when Rabbi Elichou asked if Wiesel had seen his son?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)