|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
2. How did Wiesel's father fare in the first round of the selection process in Chapter 5?
(a) He was selected.
(b) He was not selected.
(c) He was to be released from the camp.
(d) He began his new job in the kitchen.
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unresponsive.
(b) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She went insane.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Wiesel find when he returned from work, when he still had possession of his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father had not been selected.
(b) His father's possessions were gone.
(c) His father had been selected.
(d) He found a note from his father.
5. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
(a) They were confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(b) They had to surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(c) They were systematically executed.
(d) They were put on cattle cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
2. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 6, why were the prisoners running as they were evacuated?
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
5. After the war, what did Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp in Chapter 5?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)