|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was insane.
(b) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(c) They thought she was selfish.
(d) They thought she was a prophet.
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(b) Life returned to normal.
(c) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
(d) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
3. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Spend more time with him.
(b) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(c) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Move the family to America.
4. What were Wiesel's feelings about selection in Chapter 5?
(a) He knew he was strong and healthy, so he was not concerned.
(b) He did not want to begin a new job.
(c) He refused to take part.
(d) He was worried.
5. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Remain in their houses for three days.
(b) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the prisoners were assigned to blocks in Chapter 4, where did they wait?
2. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
3. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. How did Moshe's experience change him?
5. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)