|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (Pages 63 Ã‚â€“ 80).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They are jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(b) They are forced to walk miles to their destination.
(c) They are ordered onto filthy trucks.
(d) They are crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
2. What does the dentist find in Elie's mouth?
(a) A severely infected tooth.
(b) A gold crown.
(c) A silver crown.
(d) A partial set of false teeth.
3. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(b) Fresh clothing.
4. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They think his troops are turning on him.
(b) They believe he will soon be defeated.
(c) They think he was killed or went into hiding.
(d) They believe he will conquer all of Europe.
5. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(b) She becomes unresponsive.
(c) She goes insane.
(d) She commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand?
2. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
3. Why was speaking German to Elie at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
4. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
5. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)