|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(a) Firing squad.
(c) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
2. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) In the middle of a field.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) The main synagogue.
(d) The railroad station.
3. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(b) He teaches religion at a high school.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He works with Elie's father.
4. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
(b) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(c) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(d) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
5. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She becomes eerily quiet.
(b) She continues to be hysterical.
(c) She becomes extremely violent.
(d) She finally calms down.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
2. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
4. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
5. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)