|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elie is asked to report to the dentist, where is he coming from?
(a) His block.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The shower.
2. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(c) Firing squad.
(d) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
3. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(b) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(c) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(d) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
4. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(a) Warm clothing.
5. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
(b) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(c) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(d) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
2. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
3. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
4. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
5. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)