|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) An oven.
(b) A trap.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A closet.
2. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
(a) They were systematically executed.
(b) They were put on cattle cars.
(c) They had to surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(d) They were confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
3. Whose number is A-7713?
(c) Wiesel's father's.
4. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
5. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
(b) His block.
(c) The shower.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
2. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
3. What color was Tzipora's hair?
4. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)