|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is A-7713?
(a) The number branded on Elie's arm.
(b) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
(c) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
(d) The number of Elie's prison block.
2. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She becomes unresponsive.
(b) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(c) She goes insane.
(d) She commits suicide.
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
(a) Life returns to normal.
(b) The town becomes crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(c) The community leaders plan a large celebration.
(d) Virtually everyone leaves Sighet.
4. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
(a) The elderly man's.
(b) The young boy's.
(c) The young man's.
(d) The dentist's.
5. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She screams for more food and water.
(b) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
(c) She worries that the train will derail.
(d) She continues to complain that she is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sighet?
2. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
3. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
4. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
5. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)