|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
(a) They formulate a plan for escape.
(b) They discuss their jobs in the camp.
(c) They try to determine a reason for their suffering.
(d) They try to figure out who among them will go to the crematory.
2. Why was speaking German to Elie at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
(b) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(c) She could have been killed for speaking German.
(d) She didn't know if Elie could understand her German.
3. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) Her ten-year-old son.
(b) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(c) No one.
(d) Her husband and two oldest sons.
4. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He steals a truck.
(b) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(c) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
(d) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
5. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(b) They are to run.
(c) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(d) They are to crawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
2. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
3. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
4. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
5. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)