|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
2. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
(a) A chimney.
(b) An overturned cattle car.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A house.
3. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She continues to be hysterical.
(b) She finally calms down.
(c) She becomes extremely violent.
(d) She becomes eerily quiet.
4. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(b) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(c) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(d) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
5. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
2. Where is Sighet?
3. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
5. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)