|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A trap.
(b) A shoebox.
(c) An oven.
(d) A closet.
2. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She becomes unresponsive.
(c) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(d) She goes insane.
3. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(b) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(c) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(d) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
4. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(b) She cries about being separated from her family.
(c) She complains that she is ill.
(d) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
5. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(c) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
(d) Firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, what is the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
2. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
3. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
4. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
5. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)