|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the foreman want Wiesel to do?
(a) Smuggle soap from the shower.
(b) Give him his gold tooth.
(c) Steal electrical parts.
(d) Smuggle food from the kitchen.
2. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) A deserted warehouse.
(d) In the middle of a field.
3. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(b) He collapsed from grief.
(c) He wept with joy.
(d) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
4. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
(d) Warm clothing.
5. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
(a) He wanted to give the man hope.
(b) He was afraid the guards would for punish them for talking, so he tried to make the man leave quickly.
(c) Wiesel thought he was telling the truth.
(d) He was afraid of the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
2. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
3. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
4. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
5. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)