|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) Wiesel's father.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) An SS officer.
(d) A German prisoner.
2. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) A deserted warehouse.
(b) In the middle of a field.
(c) The main synagogue.
(d) The railroad station.
3. How old were some of the youngest from Wiesel's convoy in Chapter 4?
(a) 10 and 11.
(b) 8 and 9.
(c) 13 and 14.
(d) 10 and 12.
4. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
(a) He was ill with colic.
(b) He needed to wash a wound.
(c) A friend of Elie's father was ill.
(d) Elie's father needed to wash a blood stain from his shirt.
5. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(b) He was highly respected.
(c) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(d) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Tzipora's hair?
2. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
3. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
5. What color were the eyes of the man who joined the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)