|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) All Jews had to wear a black star.
(b) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(c) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
(d) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
2. Where is Sighet?
3. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She was sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(b) She often visited his family's home.
(c) She was his teacher.
(d) She was his aunt.
4. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They tried to comfort her.
(c) They threatened to throw her from the train.
(d) They peeked through the bars but saw nothing.
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She fell asleep.
(b) She became unconscious from her illness.
(c) She began to scream again.
(d) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
4. Why did the dentist not pull Elie's tooth in Chapter 4?
5. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)