|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) They were covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(b) Due to an injury to his feet.
(c) He needed them for his job in the camp.
(d) Because of his age.
2. In Chapter 2, what is Auschwitz?
(a) The reception center for Dachau.
(b) The name of the "station" where the train stopped.
(c) The name of the Hungarian interpreter.
(d) The name of the train they were on.
3. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He wept with joy.
(b) He collapsed from grief.
(c) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
4. Where is Sighet?
5. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) The were not permitted to sleep.
(d) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
2. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
3. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)