|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(b) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(c) Life returned to normal.
(d) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
3. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) Children and babies.
(b) His best friend from Sighet.
(c) Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(d) His mother and sister.
4. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
(a) Four days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
5. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was a prophet.
(b) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(c) They thought she was selfish.
(d) They thought she was insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
3. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
5. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)