|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They try to comfort her.
(b) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(c) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(d) They ignore her.
2. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(b) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(c) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
(d) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
3. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see fire.
(b) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(c) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) They see barbed wire.
4. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They sleep restlessly.
(b) They are awoken every hour for roll call.
(c) They sleep soundly.
(d) They are not permitted to sleep.
5. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(b) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(c) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(d) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, why does Elie's father ask directions to the washroom?
2. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
3. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
4. What is A-7713?
5. What is Auschwitz?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)