|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
2. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
(a) They threatened to throw her from the train.
(b) They tried to comfort her.
(c) They peeked through the bars but saw nothing.
(d) They ignored her.
3. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They considered him to be a gifted storyteller.
(b) They questioned his sanity.
(c) People regarded him as a great philosopher.
(d) They saw him as a prophet.
4. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) A trap.
(b) An oven.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A closet.
5. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Blue uniforms.
(b) Gray uniforms.
(c) Striped jackets and black pants.
(d) White jackets and pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sighet?
2. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
3. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
5. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)