|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) That he knew the man's family was safe.
(b) That the man's family was sent to the crematorium.
(c) That the man's family had not been heard from.
(d) That the man's family was at another camp.
2. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
3. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Playing board games.
(b) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(c) Discussing philosophy.
4. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) That they were not frightened.
(b) That they were on a secret mission.
(c) That the experience was just a dream, and that they would awaken soon.
(d) That Wiesel's mother and Tzipora were in a labor camp, not dead.
5. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Stand in formation for over an hour.
(b) Run laps.
(c) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
(d) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
2. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, who did Wiesel see wandering between the blocks?
4. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
5. What color were the eyes of the man who joined the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)