|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She cries about being separated from her family.
(b) She complains that she is ill.
(c) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(d) She complains about the conditions on the train.
2. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(b) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(c) The last few train cars derail.
(d) The train crashes into a tressel.
3. When Elie meets the woman who witnessed the event in Auschwitz while Elie was working after the war, what does she tell him?
(a) She was severely punished for speaking to Elie when he was beaten.
(b) She is a distant relative.
(c) She is actually Jewish, not French.
(d) She saw his mother and sister go to a crematory at another camp.
4. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(b) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(c) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(d) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
5. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) A deserted warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. Where is Sighet?
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
4. What finally convinces Elie to give in to the foreman's demand?
5. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)