|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A house.
(c) A chimney.
(d) An overturned cattle car.
2. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
(a) The foreman tells the camp commander that Elie stole food.
(b) The foreman beats Elie so his tooth falls out.
(c) The foreman abuses Elie's father.
(d) The foreman sends Elie to solitary confinement.
3. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(b) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(c) They are separated from their relatives.
(d) They are shot.
4. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
(a) Man anti-aircraft artillery.
(b) Take cover in cement air raid shelters.
(c) Lie flat on the ground.
(d) Take cover in their lodgings.
5. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) They are covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(b) He keeps them because of an injury to his feet.
(c) He needs them for his job in the camp.
(d) He keeps them because of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. How does Moshe's experience change him?
3. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
4. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
5. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)