|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She worries that the train will derail.
(b) She screams for more food and water.
(c) She continues to complain that she is ill.
(d) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
2. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(b) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(c) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
(d) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
3. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(d) Warm clothing.
4. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(b) They try to comfort her.
(c) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(d) They ignore her.
5. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
(a) The dentist's.
(b) The young boy's.
(c) The young man's.
(d) The elderly man's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
2. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
3. What do the SS officers do to the prisoners the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
4. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
5. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)