|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He gives their savings to a relative who can safely hide them.
(b) He surrenders their valuables to the Germans.
(c) He destroys their valuables rather that surrender them.
(d) He buries their savings in the basement.
2. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
(a) They are systematically executed.
(b) They are put on cattle cars.
(c) They must surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(d) They are confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
3. What happens when the man looking for his family learns the truth?
(a) The man tries to get Elie in trouble with the guards.
(b) The man tries to kill Elie.
(c) The man tells Elie he understands why he lied.
(d) Elie never sees him again.
4. What is A-7713?
(a) The number branded on Elie's arm.
(b) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
(c) The number of Elie's prison block.
(d) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
5. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
(a) He is afraid of the man.
(b) Elie thought he was telling the truth.
(c) He is afraid the guards will punish them for talking, so he tries to make the man leave quickly.
(d) He wants to give hope to the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
2. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
3. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
4. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
5. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)