|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) They were covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(b) Due to an injury to his feet.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) He needed them for his job in the camp.
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(b) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(c) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
(d) Life returned to normal.
3. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(b) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
(c) She could not be consoled by anyone.
(d) She could only be consoled by Elie.
4. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Move the family to America.
(b) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(c) Spend more time with him.
(d) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
5. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They were compassionate toward them.
(b) They respected them.
(c) They hated them.
(d) They did not particularly like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
2. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
3. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
5. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)