|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
(b) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
(c) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(d) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
2. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) Wiesel's father.
(b) An SS officer.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) A Polish prisoner.
3. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Drafty and damp.
(c) Spacious and clean.
(d) Chaotic and noisy.
4. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(b) A vacation.
(c) A person's name.
5. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(a) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(c) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) Barbed wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
2. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
4. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
5. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)