|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(b) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(c) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(d) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
2. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Discussing philosophy.
(b) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(d) Playing board games.
3. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(b) They are to run.
(c) They are to crawl.
(d) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
4. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
(a) He remains quiet and returns to his place in the ranks.
(b) He cries bitterly and hysterically.
(c) He weeps with joy.
(d) He collapses from grief.
5. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(d) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
2. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
3. What does the author say the cattle car is?
4. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
5. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)