|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
(b) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(c) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
(d) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
2. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(b) A reason for their suffering.
(c) They formulate an escape plan.
(d) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
3. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
(b) His block.
(c) The shower.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Where is Sighet?
5. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(b) His mother and sister.
(c) His best friend from Sighet.
(d) Children and babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
2. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
3. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
4. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)