|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Discussing philosophy.
(b) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(c) Playing board games.
2. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) An overturned cattle car.
(c) A chimney.
(d) A house.
3. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
4. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) That the man's family was sent to the crematorium.
(b) That the man's family had not been heard from.
(c) That he knew the man's family was safe.
(d) That the man's family was at another camp.
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unconscious from her illness.
(b) She began to scream again.
(c) She fell asleep.
(d) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what was the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
3. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)