|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
2. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(b) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(d) He was highly respected.
3. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
4. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He eagerly consumed it.
(b) He refused to eat it.
(c) He threw it back at the server.
(d) He ate it, and then he vomited.
5. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) The reception area for Kaschau.
(b) The reception area for Dachau.
(c) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(d) The reception area for Auschwitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
2. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
3. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
4. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
5. In Chapter 4, what did the foreman want Wiesel to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)