|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
(a) Her ten-year-old son.
(b) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(c) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(d) No one.
2. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
3. What did Wiesel's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
(a) They hid Jews who were trying to escape.
(b) They gave their valuables to relatives who could hide them.
(c) They offered rooms to relatives who had lost their homes.
(d) They were forced to cook for the German soldiers.
4. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
(a) It was vandalized.
(b) The Gestapo kept it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) The Gestapo kept it clean to make outsiders think they were humane.
5. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
(d) Warm clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
3. How old were some of the youngest from Wiesel's convoy in Chapter 4?
4. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
5. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)