|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
2. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She was sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(b) She was his teacher.
(c) She was his aunt.
(d) She often visited his family's home.
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unresponsive.
(b) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She committed suicide.
4. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He did not have a job.
(b) With Elie's father.
(c) A Hasidic synagogue.
(d) He taught religion at a high school.
5. How old were some of the youngest from Wiesel's convoy in Chapter 4?
(a) 8 and 9.
(b) 10 and 11.
(c) 13 and 14.
(d) 10 and 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the foreman want Wiesel to do?
2. What color was Tzipora's hair?
3. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
4. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)