|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(b) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
(c) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(d) It does not detonate.
2. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(d) They try to comfort her.
3. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(b) He steals a truck.
(c) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(d) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
4. How does Elie feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
(a) He thinks he should have run and hid.
(b) He feels he should have yelled racial slurs back at the attacker.
(c) He thinks he should have attacked the assailant.
(d) He feels he should have repeated the question.
5. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) He refuses to eat it.
(b) He eagerly consumes it.
(c) He eats it, then vomits.
(d) He throws it back at the server.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
3. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
4. In chapter 4, what does the foreman want Elie to do?
5. What do the SS officers do to the prisoners the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)