|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
(a) The officer yelled racial slurs at him.
(b) He was ignored.
(c) He was sent to the crematory.
(d) The officer knocked him to the ground.
2. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
3. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) March in strict formation.
(d) Ride in filthy wagons.
4. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Spend more time with him.
(b) Move the family to America.
(c) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
5. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) A person's name.
(b) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
3. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
5. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)