|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
(a) The young boy's.
(b) The young man's.
(c) The elderly man's.
(d) The dentist's.
2. What are the prisoners supposed to do when they hear the air raid sirens?
(a) Lie flat on the ground.
(b) Take cover in cement air raid shelters.
(c) Man anti-aircraft artillery.
(d) Take cover in their lodgings.
3. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works with Elie's father.
(b) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He teaches religion at a high school.
4. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Spacious and clean.
(c) Drafty and damp.
(d) Chaotic and noisy.
5. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
2. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
3. How does Moshe's experience change him?
4. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
5. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)