|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Drafty and damp.
(b) Spacious and clean.
(c) Chaotic and noisy.
(d) Crowded and unsanitary.
2. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
(a) They crouched.
(b) Most stood up, some sat.
(c) They all sat crowded elbow-to-elbow.
(d) They all stood.
3. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
(a) She screamed for more food and water.
(b) She worried that the train would derail.
(c) She continued to complain that she was ill.
(d) She screamed about fire, flames, and a furnace.
4. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) That the experience was just a dream, and that they would awaken soon.
(b) That Wiesel's mother and Tzipora were in a labor camp, not dead.
(c) That they were not frightened.
(d) That they were on a secret mission.
5. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
2. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
3. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
4. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
5. In Chapter 4, what was Wiesel's job in the camp?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)