|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He ate it, and then he vomited.
(b) He threw it back at the server.
(c) He refused to eat it.
(d) He eagerly consumed it.
2. In Chapter 3, what was the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
(a) They seemed dismal, but not disagreeable, conditions.
(b) The conditions were far worse than they could have imagined.
(c) The conditions were about the same as the place they came from.
(d) It looked as if the conditions would be more favorable than at the place they came from.
3. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Remain in their houses for three days.
(b) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
(c) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(d) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
4. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
(a) Elie's father needed to wash a blood stain from his shirt.
(b) A friend of Elie's father was ill.
(c) He was ill with colic.
(d) He needed to wash a wound.
5. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
(a) He said helping more Jews was too dangerous.
(b) He agreed to spend more time with Elie.
(c) He reminded Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(d) He said he is too old to start over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
2. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
3. What color was Tzipora's hair?
4. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)