|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what does the foreman want Elie to do?
(a) Give him his gold tooth.
(b) Steal electrical parts.
(c) Smuggle soap from the shower.
(d) Smuggle food from the kitchen.
2. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) It does not detonate.
(b) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(c) The bomb destroys the chimney.
(d) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
3. Why doesn't the dentist pull Elie's tooth?
(a) Elie says he doesn't feel well.
(b) Elie says the tooth doesn't hurt.
(c) Elie says he is late for work.
(d) Elie tries to run away.
4. Why was speaking German to Elie at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
(b) She didn't know if Elie could understand her German.
(c) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(d) She could have been killed for speaking German.
5. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
(b) A vacation.
(d) A person's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
2. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
3. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
4. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
5. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)