|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
(a) He collapses from grief.
(b) He weeps with joy.
(c) He cries bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He remains quiet and returns to his place in the ranks.
2. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She becomes unresponsive.
(b) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She goes insane.
3. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) People regard him as a great philosopher.
(b) They see him as a prophet.
(c) They question his sanity.
(d) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
4. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
5. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) A deserted warehouse.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) The railroad station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the man looking for his family learns the truth?
2. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
3. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
4. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)