|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
(b) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(c) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
(d) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
2. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) The reception area for Auschwitz.
(b) The reception area for Kaschau.
(c) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(d) The reception area for Dachau.
3. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(b) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
(c) She could only be consoled by Elie.
(d) She could not be consoled by anyone.
4. Where is Sighet?
5. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was highly respected.
(b) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(c) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(d) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what was the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
2. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
3. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
4. How old were some of the youngest from Wiesel's convoy in Chapter 4?
5. What color were the eyes of the man who joined the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)