|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 Ã‚â€“ 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand?
(a) Elie refuses to steal electrical parts.
(b) Elie refuses to smuggle food.
(c) Elie refuses to smuggle soap..
(d) Elie refuses to give the foreman his tooth.
2. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) He sees his mother and sister.
(b) He sees his best friend from Sighet.
(c) He sees children and babies.
(d) He sees Moshe and Madame Schachter.
3. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(c) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
4. What does the dentist find in Elie's mouth?
(a) A partial set of false teeth.
(b) A severely infected tooth.
(c) A gold crown.
(d) A silver crown.
5. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He steals a truck.
(b) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(c) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(d) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
2. What does the chimney represent for the prisoners?
3. When Elie's father asks directions to the washroom, what happens to him?
4. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
5. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)