|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) An overturned cattle car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A chimney.
(d) A house.
2. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He stole a truck.
(b) He was shot in the leg and left for dead.
(c) He disguised himself as a Gestapo agent.
(d) He agreed to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
3. In Chapter 4, what happened to Wiesel when he was working?
(a) He received a promotion.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He injured his hand severely.
(d) He was taunted and teased by the other workers.
4. In Chapter 4, when Wiesel was asked to report to the dentist, where was he coming from?
(a) The shower.
(b) His block.
(d) The kitchen.
5. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) The men promised to put out the fire.
(b) They sat on her.
(c) The men continued to ignore her outbursts.
(d) They hit her on the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
5. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)