|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He buried their savings in the basement.
(b) He surrendered their valuables to the Germans.
(c) He gave their savings to a relative who could safely hide them.
(d) He destroyed their valuables rather that surrender them.
2. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) A house.
(b) An overturned cattle car.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A chimney.
3. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) In the middle of a field.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) The main synagogue.
(d) The railroad station.
4. What profession did Wiesel claim in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(a) Barbed wire.
(c) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(d) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
2. In Chapter 2, what is Auschwitz?
3. How did Moshe's experience change him?
4. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
5. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)