|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(b) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(c) Playing board games.
(d) Discussing philosophy.
2. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unconscious from her illness.
(b) She began to scream again.
(c) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
(d) She fell asleep.
3. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
(a) They were systematically executed.
(b) They were confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(c) They had to surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(d) They were put on cattle cars.
4. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
(a) The men and women were separated.
(b) They were given food and water.
(c) They were sent directly to hard labor in a rock quarry.
(d) The children and adults were separated.
5. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) That he would soon be defeated.
(b) That he would conquer all of Europe.
(c) They thought his troops were turning on him.
(d) That he was killed or went into hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
2. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
3. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
4. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
5. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)