|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(b) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
(c) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
(d) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
2. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They hated them.
(b) They respected them.
(c) They did not particularly like them.
(d) They were compassionate toward them.
3. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
(a) He was ignored.
(b) The officer knocked him to the ground.
(c) He was sent to the crematory.
(d) The officer yelled racial slurs at him.
4. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) The were not permitted to sleep.
(b) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
5. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
(a) They were permitted to keep half their valuables.
(b) They were immediately sent to the furnace.
(c) They were separated from their relatives.
(d) They were shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
2. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
3. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
4. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
5. Whose number is A-7713?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)