|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Discussing philosophy.
(b) Playing board games.
(c) Plotting against the Gestapo.
2. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(b) She went insane.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She became unresponsive.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
(b) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
(c) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(d) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He lost interest in the things he loved.
(b) He tried to commit suicide.
(c) He became optimistic about the situation.
(d) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
2. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
3. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
4. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
5. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)