|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie believe when he and his father are sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believes that he and his father will now be separated.
(b) He believes they are being sent to the crematory.
(c) He thinks they will be shot immediately.
(d) He thinks they are in the fortunate group.
2. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) Elie's father.
(b) A Hungarian policeman.
(c) Moshe the Beadle.
(d) Elie Wiesel.
3. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(b) She cries about being separated from her family.
(c) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(d) She complains that she is ill.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He is sensitive and emotional.
(d) He is untrustworthy.
5. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
(b) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(c) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(d) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrive at Auschwitz?
2. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
3. What is Birkenau?
4. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
5. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)