|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(b) There were games and a victrola.
(c) There was a seating and sleeping area.
(d) Crowded and hot.
2. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
(b) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
(c) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(d) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
3. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
(b) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
(c) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(d) All Jews had to wear a black star.
4. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(b) A vacation.
(c) A person's name.
5. Whose number is A-7713?
(a) Wiesel's father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
2. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
3. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
4. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
5. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)