|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
(a) She worries that the train will derail.
(b) She continues to complain that she is ill.
(c) She screams for more food and water.
(d) She screams about fire, flames, and a furnace.
2. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(b) Fresh clothing.
3. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
(a) The crowd lets out an audible sigh of relief.
(b) They are completely silent.
(c) There is a brief uprising.
(d) They cheer wildly.
4. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
(a) He weeps with joy.
(b) He remains quiet and returns to his place in the ranks.
(c) He cries bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He collapses from grief.
5. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see fire.
(b) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(c) They see barbed wire.
(d) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, why does Elie's father ask directions to the washroom?
2. How does Elie feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
3. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
4. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
5. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)