|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(b) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(c) Hitler's army had strengthened.
(d) The deported occupants were executed.
2. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
(a) They were immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They were separated from their relatives.
(d) They were permitted to keep half their valuables.
3. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He immersed himself in prayer.
(c) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(d) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
4. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(b) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(c) He was highly respected.
(d) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
5. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
(a) They all sat crowded elbow-to-elbow.
(b) They crouched.
(c) Most stood up, some sat.
(d) They all stood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
2. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
3. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
5. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)