|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
2. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The last few train cars derail.
(b) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(c) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(d) The train crashes into a tressel.
3. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They question his sanity.
(b) They see him as a prophet.
(c) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
(d) People regard him as a great philosopher.
4. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(b) They see barbed wire.
(c) They see fire.
(d) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
5. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(b) The conditions are crowded and hot.
(c) There are games and a victrola.
(d) There is a seating and sleeping area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
2. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
3. What happens when the man looking for his family learns the truth?
4. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
5. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)