|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She cries about being separated from her family.
(b) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(c) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(d) She complains that she is ill.
2. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) There is a seating and sleeping area.
(b) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(c) There are games and a victrola.
(d) The conditions are crowded and hot.
3. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) He keeps them because of his age.
(b) They are covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(c) He needs them for his job in the camp.
(d) He keeps them because of an injury to his feet.
4. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(c) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(d) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(b) Playing board games.
(c) Discussing philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
2. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
3. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
4. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
5. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)