|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) A German prisoner.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) An SS officer.
(d) Elie's father.
2. What is A-7713?
(a) The number branded on Elie's arm.
(b) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
(c) The number of Elie's prison block.
(d) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
3. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
(b) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(c) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(d) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
4. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
5. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(b) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(c) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
2. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
3. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
4. What happens when the man looking for his family learns the truth?
5. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)