|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) A closet.
(c) A trap.
(d) An oven.
2. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) He eagerly consumes it.
(b) He throws it back at the server.
(c) He eats it, then vomits.
(d) He refuses to eat it.
3. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) No one.
(b) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(c) Her ten-year-old son.
(d) Her ten-year-old daughter.
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The railroad station.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) A deserted warehouse.
5. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
(a) They discuss their jobs in the camp.
(b) They try to determine a reason for their suffering.
(c) They try to figure out who among them will go to the crematory.
(d) They formulate a plan for escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
2. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
3. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
5. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)