|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An old woman.
3. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She complained that she was ill.
(b) She cried about being separated from her family.
(c) She complained about the conditions on the train.
(d) She moaned about the fact that they were all going to die.
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(b) They thought she was selfish.
(c) They thought she was insane.
(d) They thought she was a prophet.
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(b) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(c) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
(d) Life returned to normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
3. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
4. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)