|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are not permitted to sleep.
(b) They are awoken every hour for roll call.
(c) They sleep restlessly.
(d) They sleep soundly.
2. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
(a) They formulate a plan for escape.
(b) They try to figure out who among them will go to the crematory.
(c) They discuss their jobs in the camp.
(d) They try to determine a reason for their suffering.
3. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) A Hungarian policeman.
(b) Elie's father.
(c) Moshe the Beadle.
(d) Elie Wiesel.
4. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They are jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
(b) They are ordered onto filthy trucks.
(c) They are forced to walk miles to their destination.
(d) They are crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
5. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(b) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are separated from their relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
2. In order to give themselves hope, what do Elie and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz?
3. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
4. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
5. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)