|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(b) There was a seating and sleeping area.
(c) Crowded and hot.
(d) There were games and a victrola.
2. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He did not have a job.
(b) With Elie's father.
(c) A Hasidic synagogue.
(d) He taught religion at a high school.
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She became unresponsive.
(d) She went insane.
4. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
(a) Hug one another.
(b) Comfort one another.
(c) Sit on one another's laps.
(d) Caress one another.
5. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He collapsed from grief.
(b) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(c) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He wept with joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
2. Whose number is A-7713?
3. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
4. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
5. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)