|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She finally calms down.
(b) She becomes extremely violent.
(c) She becomes eerily quiet.
(d) She continues to be hysterical.
2. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
(a) A chimney.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A house.
(d) An overturned cattle car.
3. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He tries to commit suicide.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
(c) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(d) He loses interest in the things he loves.
4. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(b) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(c) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(d) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
5. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(d) They are separated from their relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
2. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
3. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
4. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
5. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)