|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They believe he will soon be defeated.
(b) They think he was killed or went into hiding.
(c) They believe he will conquer all of Europe.
(d) They think his troops are turning on him.
2. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) People regard him as a great philosopher.
(b) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
(c) They question his sanity.
(d) They see him as a prophet.
3. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(b) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(c) He tries to commit suicide.
(d) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is sensitive and emotional.
(b) He is arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He is highly respected.
(d) He is untrustworthy.
5. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(c) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(d) They must remain in their houses for three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
2. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
3. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
4. What does the author say the cattle car is?
5. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)