|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
2. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She became extremely violent.
(b) She continued to be hysterical.
(c) She became eerily quiet.
(d) She finally calmed down.
3. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
4. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) A trap.
(b) A shoebox.
(c) A closet.
(d) An oven.
5. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
(a) The Gestapo ordered the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(b) The last few train cars derailed.
(c) The train crashed into a trestle.
(d) The train was taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
2. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
3. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)