|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(b) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
2. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Remain in their houses for three days.
(b) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
(d) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
3. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(b) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(c) Spend more time with him.
(d) Move the family to America.
4. Where is Sighet?
5. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
(a) They were immediately sent to the furnace.
(b) They were separated from their relatives.
(c) They were permitted to keep half their valuables.
(d) They were shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
3. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
4. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
5. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)