|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Gray uniforms.
(b) Striped jackets and black pants.
(c) White jackets and pants.
(d) Blue uniforms.
2. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(b) She could not be consoled by anyone.
(c) She could only be consoled by Elie.
(d) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
3. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They hated them.
(b) They respected them.
(c) They were compassionate toward them.
(d) They did not particularly like them.
4. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Each Jew had to wear black or grey.
(b) Jewish children were no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(c) All Jews had to wear a black star.
(d) Each Jew had to wear a yellow star.
5. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(b) The deported occupants were executed.
(c) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(d) Hitler's army had strengthened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
2. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
4. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
5. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)