|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He is sensitive and emotional.
(d) He is untrustworthy.
2. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(b) Discussing philosophy.
(d) Playing board games.
3. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She goes insane.
(d) She becomes unresponsive.
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(b) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(d) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
5. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
(a) They offer rooms to relatives who have lost their homes.
(b) They hide Jews who are trying to escape.
(c) They give their valuables to relatives who can hide them.
(d) They are forced to cook for the German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
2. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
3. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
5. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)