|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) A trap.
(b) A closet.
(c) An oven.
(d) A shoebox.
2. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(b) She cries about being separated from her family.
(c) She complains about the conditions on the train.
(d) She complains that she is ill.
3. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
4. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
(a) They think she is knowledgeable.
(b) They think she is selfish.
(c) They think she is a prophet.
(d) They think she is insane.
5. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is sensitive and emotional.
(b) He is untrustworthy.
(c) He is highly respected.
(d) He is arrogant and overbearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
2. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
3. What is Auschwitz?
4. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)