|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
2. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(d) Warm clothing.
3. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(b) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
(c) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(d) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
4. What is Birkenau?
(a) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(b) The reception area for Dachau.
(c) The reception area for Auschwitz.
(d) The reception area for Kaschau.
5. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She is sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(b) She is his teacher.
(c) She often visited his family's home.
(d) She is his aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
2. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
3. What does the author say the cattle car is?
4. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)