|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She is his teacher.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(d) She often visited his family's home.
2. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She goes insane.
(c) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
(d) She becomes unresponsive.
3. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They think his troops are turning on him.
(b) They think he was killed or went into hiding.
(c) They believe he will conquer all of Europe.
(d) They believe he will soon be defeated.
4. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) The conditions are crowded and hot.
(b) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(c) There are games and a victrola.
(d) There is a seating and sleeping area.
5. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He immerses himself in prayer.
(c) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
2. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
3. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
4. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
5. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)