|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
2. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The railroad station.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) A deserted warehouse.
3. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She often visited his family's home.
(b) She is sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) She is his aunt.
4. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She sits quietly in a corner of the train car.
(c) She becomes unconscious from her illness.
(d) She begins to scream again.
5. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) All Jews must wear a black star.
(b) Jewish children are no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(c) Each Jew must wear black or grey.
(d) Each Jew must wear a yellow star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
2. Where is Sighet?
3. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
4. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
5. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)