|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was highly respected.
(b) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(c) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(d) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
2. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) That he would soon be defeated.
(b) That he would conquer all of Europe.
(c) That he was killed or went into hiding.
(d) They thought his troops were turning on him.
3. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(b) Playing board games.
(c) Discussing philosophy.
(d) Plotting against the Gestapo.
4. In Chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what were the occupants allowed to have?
(d) Fresh clothing.
5. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
2. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
3. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
4. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)