|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Hitler's army had strengthened.
(b) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(c) The deported occupants were executed.
(d) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
2. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(b) He became optimistic about the situation.
(c) He tried to commit suicide.
(d) He lost interest in the things he loved.
3. In Chapter 2, what was the first thing the Jews swa as the train stopped before they got off?
(a) Barbed wire.
(c) occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(d) Men and women digging in a rock quarry.
4. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
(a) Four days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
5. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) There was a seating and sleeping area.
(b) Crowded and hot.
(c) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(d) There were games and a victrola.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
2. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
3. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
4. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
5. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)