|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Playing board games.
(c) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(d) Discussing philosophy.
2. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
3. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(c) Fresh clothing.
4. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They are forced to walk miles to their destination.
(b) They are ordered onto filthy trucks.
(c) They are crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
(d) They are jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
5. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
(a) She sits quietly in a corner of the train car.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She becomes unconscious from her illness.
(d) She begins to scream again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
2. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
3. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)