|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They gag her, tie her up, and hit her in the head.
(b) The men continue to ignore her outbursts.
(c) They sit on her.
(d) The men promise to put out the fire.
2. Where is Sighet?
3. In chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what are the occupants allowed to have?
(b) Fresh clothing.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is highly respected.
(b) He is sensitive and emotional.
(c) He is untrustworthy.
(d) He is arrogant and overbearing.
5. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(b) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
(c) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(d) He steals a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
2. What is Birkenau?
3. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
5. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)