|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(b) Playing board games.
(d) Discussing philosophy.
2. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They questioned his sanity.
(b) People regarded him as a great philosopher.
(c) They considered him to be a gifted storyteller.
(d) They saw him as a prophet.
3. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
4. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
(a) The town became crime-ridden and economically depressed.
(b) Life returned to normal.
(c) Virtually everyone left Sighet.
(d) The community leaders planned a large celebration.
5. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
(a) The Gestapo kept it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
(b) It was burned to the ground.
(c) The Gestapo kept it clean to make outsiders think they were humane.
(d) It was vandalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
2. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
3. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
5. As the train trip continued, what did Madame Schachter scream about in Chapter 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)