|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sighet?
2. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He gives their savings to a relative who can safely hide them.
(b) He buries their savings in the basement.
(c) He surrenders their valuables to the Germans.
(d) He destroys their valuables rather that surrender them.
3. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He immerses himself in prayer.
(c) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
4. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The last few train cars derail.
(b) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(c) The train crashes into a tressel.
(d) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
5. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
(a) A chimney.
(b) An overturned cattle car.
(c) A house.
(d) A bonfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
2. At the end of chapter one, where do the Hungarian police send the Jews?
3. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
5. What is Auschwitz?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)