|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is?
(a) An oven.
(b) A closet.
(c) A trap.
(d) A shoebox.
2. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(b) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(c) No one.
(d) Her ten-year-old son.
3. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(b) The last few train cars derail.
(c) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(d) The train crashes into a tressel.
4. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
(b) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(c) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(d) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
5. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(b) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(d) They must remain in their houses for three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
2. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
3. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
4. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
5. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)