|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
2. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She went insane.
(b) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She became unresponsive.
3. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was highly respected.
(b) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
(d) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
4. How did Wiesel's father respond to his son's wish in the Spring of 1944?
(a) He reminded Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(b) He said he is too old to start over.
(c) He agreed to spend more time with Elie.
(d) He said helping more Jews was too dangerous.
5. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She became extremely violent.
(b) She continued to be hysterical.
(c) She finally calmed down.
(d) She became eerily quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
2. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
3. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
4. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)