|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He immersed himself in prayer.
(b) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(c) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Drafty and damp.
(c) Spacious and clean.
(d) Chaotic and noisy.
3. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
(a) The train was taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(b) The train crashed into a trestle.
(c) The last few train cars derailed.
(d) The Gestapo ordered the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
5. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Hitler's army had strengthened.
(b) The deported occupants were executed.
(c) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(d) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
2. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
3. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
4. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
5. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)