|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) The deported occupants were executed.
(b) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(c) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(d) Hitler's army had strengthened.
2. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
(a) Playing board games.
(c) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(d) Discussing philosophy.
3. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(c) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He immersed himself in prayer.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
(b) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
(c) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
(d) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
5. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
(b) Making himself very noticeable.
(d) Making himself insignificant, invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
2. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
3. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
5. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)