|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) In the middle of a field.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) A deserted warehouse.
2. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They respected them.
(b) They hated them.
(c) They were compassionate toward them.
(d) They did not particularly like them.
3. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
4. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Drafty and damp.
(c) Spacious and clean.
(d) Chaotic and noisy.
5. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She became extremely violent.
(b) She became eerily quiet.
(c) She continued to be hysterical.
(d) She finally calmed down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prisoners in Chapter 2, have to arrange themselves on the train?
2. In Chapter 2, what is Auschwitz?
3. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
4. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
5. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)