Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elie feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
(a) He thinks he should have run and hid.
(b) He feels he should have repeated the question.
(c) He feels he should have yelled racial slurs back at the attacker.
(d) He thinks he should have attacked the assailant.
2. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He surrenders their valuables to the Germans.
(b) He gives their savings to a relative who can safely hide them.
(c) He destroys their valuables rather that surrender them.
(d) He buries their savings in the basement.
3. In chapter 4, what does the foreman want Elie to do?
(a) Steal electrical parts.
(b) Smuggle soap from the shower.
(c) Give him his gold tooth.
(d) Smuggle food from the kitchen.
4. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
(c) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(d) He tries to commit suicide.
5. What is the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
(a) Firing squad.
(b) The crematory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
3. What is Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand?
4. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
5. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)