|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He makes Elie's father clean the block.
(c) He withholds his food and water,
(d) He ignores him.
2. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He criticizes God.
(b) He joins with the others in offering praise.
(c) He is the prayer leader.
(d) He loudly criticizes those who are praising.
3. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(c) Warm clothing.
4. Who does Elie find in a pile of bodies in the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou.
(b) His friend, Zalman.
(c) His friend, Juliek.
(d) Rabbi Elichou's son.
5. At the end of chapter 6, how are the prisoners forced to travel?
(a) Cattle car.
(b) Hay wagon.
(c) Passenger train car.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the train trip continues, what does Madame Schachter scream about?
2. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
3. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
4. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
5. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)