|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
(a) They are confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(b) They are put on cattle cars.
(c) They are systematically executed.
(d) They must surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
2. What happens when Elie wants to sleep in the snow?
(a) His father builds an indentation in the snow to keep Elie warm.
(b) He takes a short nap.
(c) An SS officer threatens to shoot him.
(d) His father keeps him awake.
3. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Chaotic and noisy.
(c) Drafty and damp.
(d) Spacious and clean.
4. What is the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they travel to the concentration camp?
5. How does the SS officer treat Elie's father in Chapter 8?
(a) He makes Elie's father clean the block.
(b) He withholds his food and water,
(c) He beats him.
(d) He ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
2. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
3. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
4. What scene similar to that of the workman throwing the bread to the prisoners does Elie witness later in life?
5. When the prisoners find out that they can have soup, what is their reaction?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)