|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
2. Where did a veteran of Buchenwald tell Wiesel that they would be sent at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Work stations.
(b) Mess hall.
(c) Showers and the blocks.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many ranks were the prisoners ordered to form?
4. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
5. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He immersed himself in prayer.
(c) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
2. What was Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand in Chapter 4?
3. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
4. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
5. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)