|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(b) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
(c) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
(d) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
2. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
(a) He wants to be a rabbi like his father.
(b) He worked in the hospital at the camp.
(c) He was tortured at the camp which caused him to go insane.
(d) He wants to get away from his father.
3. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
(a) Spacious and clean.
(b) Crowded and unsanitary.
(c) Chaotic and noisy.
(d) Drafty and damp.
4. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(b) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(c) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) They must remain in their houses for three days.
5. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(b) Warm clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
2. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
3. Why are there 100 passengers crowded together as they travel in chapter 6?
4. What does Elie need to do because of his leg?
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)