|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Tzipora's hair?
2. By Chapter 8, how did the existence of the chimney affect the prisoners in Chapter 8?
(a) They felt fear and terror.
(b) They felt anger and hatred.
(c) They no longer noticed it.
(d) They felt grief and depression.
3. What does the author show about pain and suffering, particularly in Chapter 8?
(a) Pain and suffering help to build character.
(b) They will always exist.
(c) Pain and suffering are better than death because at least you are still living.
(d) Pain and suffering can be worse than death.
4. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
(b) She could have been killed for speaking German.
(c) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(d) She did not know if Elie could understand her German.
5. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Wiesel by his father in Chapter 5?
(a) It meant there would be a prayer meeting that night behind the kitchen.
(b) It meant Elie's father now worked in the kitchen.
(c) It was a secret code between Elie and his father.
(d) It shows how little they had.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
2. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
3. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
4. How did Moshe's experience change him?
5. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)