|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) She could only be consoled by Elie.
(b) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
(c) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(d) She could not be consoled by anyone.
2. As the prisoners traveled on the train in Chapter 7, what did they eat?
(b) Rotten meat.
3. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old man.
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was selfish.
(b) They thought she was insane.
(c) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(d) They thought she was a prophet.
5. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) The men continued to ignore her outbursts.
(b) They sat on her.
(c) The men promised to put out the fire.
(d) They hit her on the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
2. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
3. What happened when Wiesel wanted to sleep in the snow?
4. Why were there 100 passengers crowded together as they traveled in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)