|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He collapsed from grief.
(b) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(c) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He wept with joy.
2. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) He refused to eat it.
(b) He eagerly consumed it.
(c) He ate it, and then he vomited.
(d) He threw it back at the server.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many ranks were the prisoners ordered to form?
4. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
(b) The were not permitted to sleep.
5. Where is Sighet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization did Elie come to when he remembered the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7, in the early dawn light how much of a difference was there between the living and the dead?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners forced to travel?
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
5. What was the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they traveled to the concentration camp?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)