|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(b) Children and babies.
(c) His best friend from Sighet.
(d) His mother and sister.
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
(a) Elie's father needed to wash a blood stain from his shirt.
(b) He was ill with colic.
(c) He needed to wash a wound.
(d) A friend of Elie's father was ill.
4. What was the workman's reaction as he watched the prisoners after he gave them the bread in Chapter 7?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, where did the Hungarian police send the Jews?
(a) They were crammed onto crowded cattle wagons.
(b) They were ordered onto filthy trucks.
(c) They were forced to walk miles to their destination.
(d) They were jammed onto packed railroad passenger cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wiesel and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
2. What was the reaction of the person Wiesel spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
3. What was the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What did the person who Elie found in a pile of bodies do as Elie fell asleep?
5. When the prisoners found out that they could have soup, what was their reaction in Chapter 8?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)