|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
(a) It continues the secret code between father and son.
(b) It reinforces the fact that his father was not selected.
(c) His father needs them to work in the kitchen.
(d) His father needs something to remind him of Elie until the result of his selection occurs.
2. What happens to men who fall to the ground while they are running during evacuation?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are dragged along by other prisoners.
(c) Medics attend to them.
(d) They get up and start running.
3. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They question his sanity.
(b) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
(c) People regard him as a great philosopher.
(d) They see him as a prophet.
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
(b) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(d) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
5. In German language, what does the French girl who witnesses the event while Elie is working tell him to do?
(a) Go to the infirmary.
(b) Cry and let your feelings out so you feel better.
(c) Bite your lip and don't cry.
(d) Seek immediate revenge on your attacker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
2. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
3. What is A-7713?
4. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
5. What thought troubles Elie for the rest of his life?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)