|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Tzipora's hair?
2. What was the responsibility of the men who cleared out the wagons?
(a) They took out the dead and burried them.
(b) They scoured the wagons with boiling water.
(c) They repaired the wagons.
(d) They rotated the prisoners between the wagons.
3. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
(a) A crust of bread.
(b) Nothing--their religion prohibits them from eating on this day.
(c) Thick soup.
(d) Nothing--they were being punished for observing a Jewish holiday.
4. What did Wisel wonder about on the morning of January 29, 1945?
(a) What took the Americans so long to liberate the camp.
(b) If his father was still alive when he was taken to the crematory.
(c) Where they were being evacuated to.
(d) Where he would go now that he was free.
5. How many prisoners gathered on the eve of Rosh Hashanah in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
2. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
3. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
4. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Wiesel feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)