|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elie's father treated by the other prisoners in Chapter 8?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They sneak food and medicine for him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They hide him from the guards.
2. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
(a) The foreman sends Elie to solitary confinement.
(b) The foreman abuses Elie's father.
(c) The foreman tells the camp commander that Elie stole food.
(d) The foreman beats Elie so his tooth falls out.
3. What is the response of the man looking for Wiesel of Sighet to Elie's news of his family?
(a) He weeps with joy.
(b) He cries bitterly and hysterically.
(c) He remains quiet and returns to his place in the ranks.
(d) He collapses from grief.
4. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(c) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He immerses himself in prayer.
5. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(b) Her ten-year-old son.
(c) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
2. What is Birkenau?
3. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
4. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)