|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
(a) It was burned to the ground.
(b) It was vandalized.
(c) The Gestapo kept it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
(d) The Gestapo kept it clean to make outsiders think they were humane.
2. What did Wiesel do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He criticized God.
(b) He loudly criticized those who were praising.
(c) He was the prayer leader.
(d) He joined with the others in offering praise.
3. What happened to Zalman in Chapter 6 when he collapsed with a stomachache?
(a) Medics carried him on a stretcher.
(b) He was trampled by other prisoners.
(c) He was shot.
(d) Wiesel picked him up and helped him run.
4. In Chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what were the occupants allowed to have?
(a) Fresh clothing.
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She became unconscious from her illness.
(b) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
(c) She fell asleep.
(d) She began to scream again.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how many ranks were the prisoners ordered to form?
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
3. What did the SS officers call the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Where was Zalman from?
5. What did the chimney represent for the prisoners in Chapter 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)