|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
(a) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(b) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(c) For threatening Elie's father.
(d) For trafficking gold teeth.
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Run laps.
(b) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
(c) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
(d) Stand in formation for over an hour.
3. What was Wiesel's reaction to the event he witnessed later in life that reminded him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) He tried to keep the children from hurting each other.
(b) He offered to give money.
(c) He stared, shocked and horrified, without saying a word.
(d) He begged a participant not to do this any more.
4. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) She could only be consoled by Elie.
(b) She could not be consoled by anyone.
(c) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(d) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
5. What was the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) It was raining.
(b) Icy wind was blowing.
(c) It was snowing.
(d) It was sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
2. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
3. Where is Sighet?
4. What color was Tzipora's hair?
5. Why did Wiesel not fast on Yom Kippur in Chapter 5?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)