|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
(b) Making himself very noticeable.
(d) Making himself insignificant, invisible.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, who did Wiesel see wandering between the blocks?
(a) Young women.
(b) "Well-dressed" inmates.
(c) SS officers.
(d) Young boys.
3. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) The reception area for Kaschau.
(b) The reception area for Auschwitz.
(c) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(d) The reception area for Dachau.
4. What was Wiesel's feeling about the scene after the workman throws the bread in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 5, what did Wiesel find when he returned from work, when he still had possession of his father's knife and spoon?
(a) His father had not been selected.
(b) He found a note from his father.
(c) His father's possessions were gone.
(d) His father had been selected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the SS officers call the prisoners at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What was Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand in Chapter 4?
3. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
5. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)