|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) Withheld their food and water.
(b) The SS officers made them watch the crematorium.
(c) Forced them to march five miles.
(d) Branded them with numbers.
2. In Chapter 3, what did Wiesel see in the flames of the crematory?
(a) His mother and sister.
(b) His best friend from Sighet.
(c) Moshe and Madame Schachter.
(d) Children and babies.
3. What did Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou was dead.
(b) Zalman was dead.
(c) Juliek was dead.
(d) Rabbi Elichou's son was dead.
4. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(b) There were games and a victrola.
(c) Crowded and hot.
(d) There was a seating and sleeping area.
5. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Spend more time with him.
(b) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) Move the family to America.
(d) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how were the prisoners moving?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. In the spring of 1944, what did the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
4. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
5. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)