|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the prisoners who took shelter in the deserted village as they travel to the concentration camp?
2. What happens to a bomb that lands in the camp?
(a) It does not detonate.
(b) It destroys the block next to Elie's.
(c) It lands on the shelter of the SS officers.
(d) The bomb destroys the chimney.
3. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
(a) He can set out on his own and risk being shot.
(b) He can join the Russian army.
(c) He can stay behind in the hospital with his father or he can evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
(d) He can hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians have left the camp.
4. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They sleep soundly.
(b) They sleep restlessly.
(c) They are not permitted to sleep.
(d) They are awoken every hour for roll call.
5. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
(a) He tells them to be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(b) He tells them to keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(c) He tells them to smile.
(d) He tells them to lie about their ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the morning of January 29, 1945?
2. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
3. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
4. Why doesn't the dentist pull Elie's tooth?
5. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)