|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 Ã‚â€“ 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(b) The train crashes into a tressel.
(c) The last few train cars derail.
(d) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
2. In what condition is Elie's father when Elie wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
(b) Very sick.
(c) Sleeping soundly.
3. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
(b) He steals a truck.
(c) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(d) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
4. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They try to comfort her.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(d) They threaten to throw her from the train.
5. In chapter 6, in yet another selection process, what happens to Eli's father?
(a) He begins a new job in the hospital.
(b) Elie's father is selected.
(c) Elie's father is not selected.
(d) He is forced to tend the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what happens when Dr. Mengele calls out numbers for another round of selection?
2. What does Elie do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
3. Why does Elie want to trade bunks with other prisoners after he wakes up and discovers his father's condition?
4. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
5. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)