|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
2. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
(a) He tells them to keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(b) He tells them to smile.
(c) He tells them to be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(d) He tells them to lie about their ages.
3. In chapter 3, what is the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
(a) They see dismal, but not disagreeable, conditions.
(b) The conditions are far worse than they could have imagined.
(c) It looks as if the conditions will be more favorable than at the place they came from.
(d) The conditions are about the same as the place they came from.
4. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) Elie's father is not selected.
(c) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
(d) Elie's father is selected.
5. What realization does Elie come to when he remembers the action performed by Rabbi Elichou's son?
(a) His medical training is crucial in this situation.
(b) He has no control of his own actions.
(c) The rabbi's son thinks he has a better chance of survival if he is separated from his father.
(d) The rabbi's son is a caring, spiritual person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the foreman's respond to Elie's refusal?
2. Why does Rabbi Elichou's son perform the action that Elie remembers?
3. Why do the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
4. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
5. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)