|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
(b) The were not permitted to sleep.
2. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She became extremely violent.
(b) She became eerily quiet.
(c) She finally calmed down.
(d) She continued to be hysterical.
3. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(b) A person's name.
(c) A vacation.
4. By Chapter 8, how did the existence of the chimney affect the prisoners in Chapter 8?
(a) They felt anger and hatred.
(b) They felt grief and depression.
(c) They no longer noticed it.
(d) They felt fear and terror.
5. In Chapter 2, first, what did Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She complained that she was ill.
(b) She cried about being separated from her family.
(c) She complained about the conditions on the train.
(d) She moaned about the fact that they were all going to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
2. As the prisoners took refuge in a deserted village after the evacuation, where did Elie find himself?
3. In Chapter 8, why did the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
4. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
5. What was Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand in Chapter 4?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)