|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(b) The were not permitted to sleep.
(d) They were awakened every hour for roll call.
2. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
(a) They were given food and water.
(b) The children and adults were separated.
(c) The men and women were separated.
(d) They were sent directly to hard labor in a rock quarry.
3. In Chapter 8, why did the prisoners feel this way about the chimney at this point in the story?
(a) They resented the way they were treated.
(b) They were afraid to die in that way.
(c) They were too grief-stricken to realize this was how their lives would end.
(d) They did not have the strength to care.
4. What time did the bell ring at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 5 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
(a) She fell asleep.
(b) She became unconscious from her illness.
(c) She sat quietly in a corner of the train car.
(d) She began to scream again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how many crematoria work day and night?
2. How many corpses were thrown from the wagon in Chapter 7?
3. When a workman threw a piece of bread to the prisoners, how did the prisoners react in Chapter 7?
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
5. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)