|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter 8, what is the frame of mind of Elie's father?
(a) He is giving up on life.
(b) He is desperate for Elie to survive.
(c) He is insane.
(d) He is exremely angry.
2. What does Elie find in the morning at the deserted village?
(a) Rabbi Elichou's son is dead.
(b) Rabbi Elichou is dead.
(c) Juliek is dead.
(d) Zalman is dead.
3. After the Germans arrest the Jewish leaders during Passover, what are the Jews required to do?
(a) They are required to immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) They must remain in their houses for three days.
(c) They must attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) They must leave the town and find their own accommodations.
4. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(b) He tries to commit suicide.
(c) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(d) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
5. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(b) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(c) He immerses himself in prayer.
(d) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
2. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
3. What is "selection"?
4. Where is Sighet?
5. In what condition is Elie's father when Elie wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)