|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the person Elie spoke to at the event that reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) The person tries to stab Elie.
(b) The person completely ignores Elie.
(c) The person thinks it is an act of charity.
(d) The person tells Elie to mind his own business.
2. What is the workman's reaction as he watches the prisoners after he gives them the bread?
3. What is Elie's reaction to the event he witnesses later in life which reminds him of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners?
(a) He offers to give money.
(b) He stares, shocked and horrified, without saying a word.
(c) He tries to keep the children from hurting each other.
(d) He begs a participant not to do this any more.
4. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(b) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
(c) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(d) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
5. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) The Gestapo keep it clean to make outsiders think they are humane.
(c) The Gestapo keep it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
(d) It is burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
2. What feeling does Elie have toward Rabbi Elichou's son?
3. How does Elie's father fare in the first round of the selection process?
4. In particular, what part of the occurrence which Elie witnesses later in life reminiscent of the workman throwing bread to the prisoners causes his reaction?
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)