|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 Ã‚â€“ 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
(a) There is a thunderstorm approaching.
(b) The are trying to keep warm.
(c) They are running away from the Russian army.
(d) The SS officers order them to run.
2. By chapter 8, how does the existence of the chimney affect the prisoners?
(a) They feel fear and terror.
(b) They no longer notice it.
(c) They feel grief and depression.
(d) They feel anger and hatred.
3. What does Elie pray for regarding the actions of Rabbi Elichou's son upon remembering his actions?
(a) Elie prays to be spiritual.
(b) Elie doesn't want to be like him.
(c) Elie prays that the son's actions don't cause the rabbi's death.
(d) Elie prays for medical skills so he can help others.
4. What does the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A person's name.
5. In what condition is Elie's father when Elie wakes up after the discussion with his father about his father's request?
(c) Very sick.
(d) Sleeping soundly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
2. How does Moshe's experience change him?
3. When Elie meets the woman who witnessed the event in Auschwitz while Elie was working after the war, what does she tell him?
4. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
5. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)