|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) A deserted warehouse.
(b) In the middle of a field.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) The main synagogue.
2. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) Elie's father.
(b) A German prisoner.
(c) An SS officer.
(d) A Polish prisoner.
3. In chapter 3, why does Elie's father ask directions to the washroom?
(a) A friend of Elie's father is ill.
(b) Elie's father needs to wash a blood stain from his shirt.
(c) He is ill with colic.
(d) He needs to wash a wound.
4. When Elie's father asks directions to the washroom, what happens to him?
(a) The officer knocks him to the ground.
(b) He is sent to the crematory.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) The officer yells racial slurs at him.
5. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(b) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(c) They see fire.
(d) They see barbed wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chimney represent for the prisoners?
2. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
3. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
4. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
5. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)