|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She becomes unresponsive.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She goes insane.
(d) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
2. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to crawl.
(b) They are to run.
(c) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(d) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
3. When Elie's father asks directions to the washroom, what happens to him?
(a) He is sent to the crematory.
(b) The officer knocks him to the ground.
(c) The officer yells racial slurs at him.
(d) He is ignored.
4. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She becomes eerily quiet.
(b) She finally calms down.
(c) She continues to be hysterical.
(d) She becomes extremely violent.
5. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) There is a seating and sleeping area.
(b) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(c) The conditions are crowded and hot.
(d) There are games and a victrola.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to give themselves hope, what do Elie and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz?
2. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
3. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
4. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
5. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)