|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(b) Ride in filthy wagons.
(d) March in strict formation.
2. What was the condition of the main synagogue when Wiesel's group reached it?
(a) It was burned to the ground.
(b) The Gestapo kept it clean to lull the Jews into a false sense of security.
(c) The Gestapo kept it clean to make outsiders think they were humane.
(d) It was vandalized.
3. Why did Wiesel lie to the man who was looking for his family in Chapter 3?
(a) He was afraid of the man.
(b) He wanted to give the man hope.
(c) He was afraid the guards would for punish them for talking, so he tried to make the man leave quickly.
(d) Wiesel thought he was telling the truth.
4. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) A person's name.
(b) A vacation.
5. At Birkenau, what did a fellow prisoner tell Wiesel and his father to do?
(a) Keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(b) Be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(d) Lie about their ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
2. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
3. After tiring of her screams, what did the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
4. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
5. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)