|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
(b) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(c) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
(d) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
2. In Chapter 2, a German officer who threatened to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compared them to what animal?
3. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Sell everything and go to Palestine.
(c) Move the family to America.
(d) Spend more time with him.
4. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) They were completely silent.
(b) They cheered wildly.
(c) There was a brief uprising.
(d) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
5. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
(a) An SS officer.
(b) A Polish prisoner.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) Wiesel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
2. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
3. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. How many words were spoken as the prisoners leave the train in Chapter 3?
5. Whose number is A-7713?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)