|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) A reason for their suffering.
(b) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(c) They formulate an escape plan.
(d) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
2. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
(a) Warm clothing.
3. What does the author say the cattle car is in Chapter 2?
(a) A closet.
(b) An oven.
(c) A trap.
(d) A shoebox.
4. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
(b) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) Remain in their houses for three days.
(d) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
5. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
2. In Chapter 3, what happened to the Jews at Birkenau once they left the train?
3. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
4. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)