|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people wearing who jumped into the wagon at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Striped jackets and black pants.
(b) Blue uniforms.
(c) Gray uniforms.
(d) White jackets and pants.
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Crowded and unsanitary.
(b) Chaotic and noisy.
(c) Drafty and damp.
(d) Spacious and clean.
3. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) Moshe the Beadle.
(b) A Hungarian policeman.
(c) Elie Wiesel.
(d) Elie's father.
4. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
(a) The officer knocked him to the ground.
(b) The officer yelled racial slurs at him.
(c) He was sent to the crematory.
(d) He was ignored.
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He became optimistic about the situation.
(b) He tried to commit suicide.
(c) He lost interest in the things he loved.
(d) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wiesel's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
2. What is Birkenau in Chapter 2?
3. How did the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
4. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
5. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)