|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Auschwitz?
(a) The name of the "station" where the train stops
(b) The reception center for Dachau
(c) The name of the Hungarian interpreter
(d) The name of the train they are on
2. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
(a) The men and women are separated.
(b) They are given food and water.
(c) They are sent directly to hard labor in a rock quarry.
(d) The children and adults are separated.
3. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
(a) They think she is insane.
(b) They think she is knowledgeable.
(c) They think she is selfish.
(d) They think she is a prophet.
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) In the middle of a field.
5. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
(a) An SS officer.
(b) Elie's father.
(c) A German prisoner.
(d) A Polish prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
2. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
3. What does Elie see in the flames of the crematory?
4. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
5. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)