|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
2. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
(a) There was a seating and sleeping area.
(b) There were games and a victrola.
(c) Each Jew had a sleeping bag and provisions.
(d) Crowded and hot.
3. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
4. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
(b) They cheered wildly.
(c) They were completely silent.
(d) There was a brief uprising.
5. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
(a) Making himself very noticeable.
(d) Making himself insignificant, invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
2. What did the name Auschwitz mean to the occupants of the cattle car in Chapter 2?
3. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
4. What did the SS officer do the prisoners in Chapter 3 the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
5. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)