|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Schachter?
2. How long did it take for the conditions on the train in Chapter 2 to become intolerable?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
3. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
(a) Her ten-year-old daughter.
(b) Her ten-year-old son.
(c) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(d) No one.
4. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(b) They thought she was selfish.
(c) They thought she was a prophet.
(d) They thought she was insane.
5. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(b) Remain in their houses for three days.
(c) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
(d) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
3. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
4. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
5. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)