|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(b) There are games and a victrola.
(c) The conditions are crowded and hot.
(d) There is a seating and sleeping area.
2. How do others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) People regard him as a great philosopher.
(b) They see him as a prophet.
(c) They question his sanity.
(d) They consider him to be a gifted storyteller.
3. How does Elie's father respond to his son's wish?
(a) He reminds Elie of the impossibility of moving to America.
(b) He agrees to spend more time with Elie.
(c) He says he is too old to start over.
(d) He says helping more Jews is too dangerous.
4. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
(a) They are confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(b) They must surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(c) They are systematically executed.
(d) They are put on cattle cars.
5. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
(a) They think she is selfish.
(b) They think she is insane.
(c) They think she is knowledgeable.
(d) They think she is a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
2. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
3. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
4. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
5. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)