|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(b) He does not have a job.
(c) He works with Elie's father.
(d) He teaches religion at a high school.
2. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
(a) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(b) Her ten-year-old son.
(c) No one.
(d) Her ten-year-old daughter.
3. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Jewish children are no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(b) Each Jew must wear a yellow star.
(c) All Jews must wear a black star.
(d) Each Jew must wear black or grey.
4. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
(a) They think she is insane.
(b) They think she is a prophet.
(c) They think she is selfish.
(d) They think she is knowledgeable.
5. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(b) The train crashes into a tressel.
(c) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(d) The last few train cars derail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
2. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
3. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
4. What is Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screams on the cattle car?
5. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)