|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He tried to commit suicide.
(b) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(c) He lost interest in the things he loved.
(d) He became optimistic about the situation.
2. What were the conditions inside the synagogue while Wiesel's group stayed there?
(a) Chaotic and noisy.
(b) Crowded and unsanitary.
(c) Spacious and clean.
(d) Drafty and damp.
3. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
(a) Hug one another.
(b) Caress one another.
(c) Comfort one another.
(d) Sit on one another's laps.
4. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) The railroad station.
5. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was selfish.
(b) They thought she was insane.
(c) They thought she was a prophet.
(d) They thought she was knowledgeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, when Wiesel's father asked directions to the washroom, what happened to him?
2. In particular, what did the occupants of the cattle car need in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
4. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
5. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)