|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(b) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(c) They see fire.
(d) They see barbed wire.
2. When Elie's father asks directions to the washroom, what happens to him?
(a) The officer yells racial slurs at him.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is sent to the crematory.
(d) The officer knocks him to the ground.
3. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to crawl.
(b) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(c) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(d) They are to run.
5. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(b) He immerses himself in prayer.
(c) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(d) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
2. In chapter 3, what is the first impression of Auschwitz by the prisoners on their arrival?
3. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
4. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
5. What does the author say the cattle car is?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)