|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He tried to commit suicide.
(b) He became optimistic about the situation.
(c) He lost interest in the things he loved.
(d) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
2. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
(a) He was thought to be untrustworthy.
(b) He was considered arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He was highly respected.
(d) He was known to be sensitive and emotional.
3. At Birkenau, what did a fellow prisoner tell Wiesel and his father to do?
(a) Lie about their ages.
(c) Be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(d) Keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
4. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
5. How did Wiesel know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She was sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(b) She often visited his family's home.
(c) She was his aunt.
(d) She was his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 3, what lie did Wiesel tell a man who was looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
3. In Chapter 3, who was the first person to fall to the ground?
4. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
5. How did Madame Schachter react when the train began moving again in Chapter 2?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)