|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) A deserted warehouse.
(b) The main synagogue.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) In the middle of a field.
2. What does Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She becomes extremely violent.
(b) She continues to be hysterical.
(c) She becomes eerily quiet.
(d) She finally calms down.
3. What is A-7713?
(a) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
(b) The number of Elie's prison block.
(c) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
(d) The number branded on Elie's arm.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is untrustworthy.
(b) He is arrogant and overbearing.
(c) He is sensitive and emotional.
(d) He is highly respected.
5. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
(a) They are completely silent.
(b) There is a brief uprising.
(c) They cheer wildly.
(d) The crowd lets out an audible sigh of relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
2. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
3. What is Auschwitz?
4. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
5. What does the chimney represent for the prisoners?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)