|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
(b) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(c) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
2. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
(b) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(c) They are to crawl.
(d) They are to run.
3. How does Elie describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
(a) Warm clothing.
5. What does the chimney represent for the prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elie lie to the man who is looking for his family?
2. Who is in charge of Elie, his father and the other prisoners in this prison block?
3. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
4. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
5. What does Elie's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)