|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) They were completely silent.
(b) There was a brief uprising.
(c) They cheered wildly.
(d) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
2. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He buried their savings in the basement.
(b) He gave their savings to a relative who could safely hide them.
(c) He destroyed their valuables rather that surrender them.
(d) He surrendered their valuables to the Germans.
3. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
(a) His wide, dreamy eyes.
(b) The way he carried himself.
(c) His manner of speaking.
(d) His vast knowledge.
5. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(b) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(c) He immersed himself in prayer.
(d) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
2. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
4. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
5. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)