Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (Pages 99 106).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after this round of selection in which Elie's father's number is called?
(a) Elie's father begins his new job in the kitchen.
(b) Elie's father is not selected.
(c) Elie's father is to be released from the camp.
(d) Elie's father is selected.
2. According to the German officer in chapter 2, what happens to any Jews who keep their valuables?
(a) They are permitted to keep half their valuables.
(b) They are immediately sent to the furnace.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are separated from their relatives.
3. Why does Elie's father make this request at the concentration camp?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He wants to be with Elie's mother and sister.
(c) Elie's father desperately needs medicine.
(d) He wants Elie to have a chance for survival.
4. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Each Jew must wear a yellow star.
(b) All Jews must wear a black star.
(c) Each Jew must wear black or grey.
(d) Jewish children are no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
5. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A waterspout.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A whirlpool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
3. How does Elie respond to his father's request at the concentration camp?
4. How does Moshe's experience change him?
5. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)