Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (Pages 27 Ã‚â€“ 43).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Birkenau?
(a) The reception area for Bergen-Belsen.
(b) The reception area for Auschwitz.
(c) The reception area for Kaschau.
(d) The reception area for Dachau.
2. What troubling news do the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) The learn that their town is being turned into a concentration camp.
(b) They find out that Hitler's army has strengthened.
(c) They learn that the deported occupants were executed.
(d) They find out that German troops are getting closer to Sighet.
3. What do the SS officers do to the prisoners the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) They force them to march on a five mile hike.
(b) They brand them with numbers.
(c) The SS officers make them watch the chimney.
(d) They withhold their food and water.
4. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
(a) He steals a truck.
(b) He disguises himself as a Gestapo agent.
(c) He is shot in the leg and left for dead.
(d) He agrees to kill the Jews who were on his truck.
5. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
(a) They are to crawl.
(b) They are to run.
(c) The Jews are to march in strict formation.
(d) They are to ride in filthy wagons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
2. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happens to life in Sighet?
3. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
4. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
5. In particular, what do the occupants of the cattle car need?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)