|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Madame Schachter's frame of mind as she screamed on the cattle car in Chapter 2?
(a) The only comfort she found was in unconsciousness.
(b) She could not be consoled by anyone.
(c) She was comforted by the fact that the men would protect her.
(d) She could only be consoled by Elie.
2. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
(a) Their town would be turned into a concentration camp.
(b) German troops were getting closer to Sighet.
(c) The deported occupants were executed.
(d) Hitler's army had strengthened.
3. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
(a) The way he carried himself.
(b) His manner of speaking.
(c) His vast knowledge.
(d) His wide, dreamy eyes.
4. What was the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams in Chapter 2?
(a) They peeked through the bars but saw nothing.
(b) They threatened to throw her from the train.
(c) They tried to comfort her.
(d) They ignored her.
5. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
(a) For threatening Elie's father.
(b) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(c) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(d) For trafficking gold teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wiesel not fast on Yom Kippur in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, where was the first stop the train makes?
3. In German language, what did the French girl who witnessed the event while Elie iwa working tell him to do in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 2, at one of the train stops, what were the occupants allowed to have?
5. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)