|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wiesel and the others go first in Chapter 4?
(a) Work stations.
(d) Mess hall.
2. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
(a) Hide his injury.
(b) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
(c) Go through the selection process again.
(d) Have surgery.
3. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(b) He wept with joy.
(c) He collapsed from grief.
(d) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
4. Madame Schachter traveled with whom in Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband and two oldest sons.
(b) Her ten-year-old son.
(c) No one.
(d) Her ten-year-old daughter.
5. In Chapter 5, what did the prisoners receive the night before Rosh Hashanah, the last day of the Jewish year?
(a) A crust of bread.
(b) Thick soup.
(c) Nothing--they were being punished for observing a Jewish holiday.
(d) Nothing--their religion prohibits them from eating on this day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of Sighet regard Wiesel's father?
2. What happened to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrived?
3. In Chapter 4, what was Wiesel's job in the camp?
4. In the spring of 1944, what did Elie wish his father would do?
5. How did Wiesel's father fare in the first round of the selection process in Chapter 5?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)