|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
(a) Each Jew must wear black or grey.
(b) Each Jew must wear a yellow star.
(c) Jewish children are no longer permitted to wear school uniforms.
(d) All Jews must wear a black star.
2. In the spring of 1944, what does Elie wish his father would do?
(a) Elie wants his father to spend more time with him.
(b) Elie wants his father to move the family to America.
(c) He wants his father to sell everything and go to Palestine.
(d) He wishes his father would help more Jews acquire safe passage.
3. What does the chimney represent for the prisoners?
4. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
(b) They try to comfort her.
(c) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(d) They ignore her.
5. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
(b) Firing squad.
(d) Prisoners forced into the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
3. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
4. How do the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter?
5. What is the condition of the main synagogue when Elie's group reaches it?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)