|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the others in the cattle car perceive Madame Schachter in Chapter 2?
(a) They thought she was selfish.
(b) They thought she was knowledgeable.
(c) They thought she was insane.
(d) They thought she was a prophet.
2. In Chapter 4, what was Wiesel's job in the camp?
(a) He cleaned the camp showers.
(b) He worked in the electrical warehouse.
(c) He assisted the camp dentist.
(d) He worked in the camp kitchen.
3. How did Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He tried to commit suicide.
(b) He attempted to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(c) He became optimistic about the situation.
(d) He lost interest in the things he loved.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, who did Wiesel see wandering between the blocks?
(a) Young women.
(b) "Well-dressed" inmates.
(c) Young boys.
(d) SS officers.
5. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
(a) They threatened to send everyone to the furnace.
(b) They threatened to withhold everyone's food and water.
(c) They threatened to shoot everyone if even one person escaped.
(d) There was one officer to guard each Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
2. In Chapter 5, what happened when Dr. Mengele called out numbers for another round of selection?
3. What troubling news did the people of Sighet learn in the spring of 1944?
4. Several months after Moshe the Beadle and the other foreign Jews were deported, what happened to life in Sighet?
5. What did Wiesel's family do while living in their house in the ghetto?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)