|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) About a half an hour.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) More than a half a hour.
2. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel get to keep his shoes at the concentration camp?
(a) They were covered with mud, so no one saw them.
(b) Due to an injury to his feet.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) He needed them for his job in the camp.
3. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
(a) Remain in their houses for three days.
(b) Leave the town and find their own accommodations.
(c) Immediately surrender all their possessions.
(d) Attend formation every morning at dawn.
4. What could Wiesel do when rumors started that the Russians were approaching the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) He could join the Russian army.
(b) He could set out on his own and risk being shot.
(c) He could hide in an air raid shelter until the Russians left the camp.
(d) He could stay behind in the hospital with his father or he could evacuate with the rest of the prisoners.
5. How did others perceive Moshe after his deportation experience?
(a) They considered him to be a gifted storyteller.
(b) They questioned his sanity.
(c) People regarded him as a great philosopher.
(d) They saw him as a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the train on which Moshe was deported?
2. After the war when Wiesel met the woman who pretended to be Aryan rather than a Jew at the concentration camp, what did she tell him?
3. Where did Wiesel and the others go first in Chapter 4?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, how long had it taken for the prisoners to arrive at Buna?
5. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)