|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moshe's experience change him?
(a) He loses interest in the things he loves.
(b) He attempts to leave his beloved hometown and country.
(c) He becomes optimistic about the situation.
(d) He tries to commit suicide.
2. At Birkenau, what does the fellow prisoner tell Elie and his father to do?
(a) He tells them to keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(b) He tells them to lie about their ages.
(c) He tells them to be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(d) He tells them to smile.
3. Where do the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews see as they exit the train at Birkenau?
(a) A chimney.
(b) A house.
(c) An overturned cattle car.
(d) A bonfire.
4. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) A deserted warehouse.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) In the middle of a field.
5. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
(a) He works in the camp kitchen.
(b) He cleans the camp showers.
(c) He assists the camp dentist.
(d) He works in the electrical warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Auschwitz?
2. What is Elie's reaction to the foreman's demand?
3. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
4. What finally convinces Elie to give in to the foreman's demand?
5. After the war, what does Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)