|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they were shown the chimney at Birkenau, what was the crowd's reaction?
(a) There was a brief uprising.
(b) They cheered wildly.
(c) They were completely silent.
(d) The crowd let out an audible sigh of relief.
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
(a) Clean the entire prison block, top to bottom.
(b) Shower and then shiver and wait in the cold night.
(c) Run laps.
(d) Stand in formation for over an hour.
3. In Chapter 3, how did Wiesel feel that he should have handled the results of his father asking about the washroom?
(a) He should have run and hid.
(b) He should have repeated the question.
(c) He should have yelled racial slurs back at the attacker.
(d) He should have attacked the assailant.
4. What season was ending at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Where did Wiesel's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
(a) The main synagogue.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) In the middle of a field.
(d) A deserted warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wiesel's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
2. How did Wiesel's father respond to the order that Jews were not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
5. How did Moshe's experience change him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)