|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wiesel believe when he and his father were sent to the right after telling their ages to the officer at Birkenau?
(a) He believed they were being sent to the crematory.
(b) He thought they would be shot immediately.
(c) He thought they were in the fortunate group.
(d) He believed that he and his father would be separated.
2. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He was engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(b) He planned an uprising against the Hungarian police.
(c) He immersed himself in prayer.
(d) He devoted himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
3. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) An overturned cattle car.
(b) A house.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A chimney.
4. In Chapter 3, what did the prisoners discuss after several weeks in the camp?
(a) They discussed their jobs in the camp.
(b) They tried to figure out who among them would be sent to the crematorium.
(c) A reason for their suffering.
(d) They formulate an escape plan.
5. What did Wiesel need to do because of his leg in Chapter 5?
(a) Have surgery.
(b) Hide his injury.
(c) Go through the selection process again.
(d) Plead with the doctor to keep his injury a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what was the dentist's punishment after his arrest?
2. In Chapter 4 why was speaking German to Wiesel at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
3. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
4. How did Wiesel's father fare in the first round of the selection process in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 3, why did Wiesel's father ask directions to the washroom?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)