|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "selection"?
(a) The process of selecting new prisoners to enter the camp.
(b) The process of selecting prisoners for new jobs.
(c) The process of choosing who is released from the camp.
(d) The process of separating the healthy from the weak.
2. Why is the dentist who didn't pull Elie's tooth arrested?
(a) For putting prisoners' fillings in guards' teeth.
(b) For not pulling Elie's severely infected tooth.
(c) For trafficking gold teeth.
(d) For threatening Elie's father.
3. In chapter 4, what happens to Elie when he is working?
(a) He is beaten.
(b) He injures his hand severely.
(c) He is taunted and teased by the other workers.
(d) He receives a promotion.
4. What finally convinces Elie to give in to the foreman's demand?
(a) Tiring of personal abuse from the foreman.
(b) Getting out of solitary confinement.
(c) Getting on the good side of the camp commander.
(d) The foreman's continual abuse of Elie's father.
5. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) They choose to remain in the hospital.
(c) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(d) They choose to evacuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moshe's experience change him?
2. After Elie witnesses his first execution of this type, which victim's execution affects him more?
3. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
4. What is A-7713?
5. What can Elie do when rumors start that the Russians are approaching the camp?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)