|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She goes insane.
(c) She becomes unresponsive.
(d) She is shot by the Hungarian police.
2. In chapter 4, what happens to Elie when he is working?
(a) He is taunted and teased by the other workers.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He receives a promotion.
(d) He injures his hand severely.
3. What is the initial reaction of the men in the train car to Madame Schachter's screams?
(a) They threaten to throw her from the train.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They try to comfort her.
(d) They peek through the bars but see nothing.
4. How does Madame Schachter react when the train begins moving again?
(a) She sits quietly in a corner of the train car.
(b) She begins to scream again.
(c) She becomes unconscious from her illness.
(d) She falls asleep.
5. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
(a) They threaten to send everyone to the furnace.
(b) They threaten to shoot everyone if even one person escapes.
(c) There is one officer to guard each Jew.
(d) They threaten to withhold everyone's food and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is A-7713?
2. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
3. What is another requirement the Jews must adhere to, regarding their clothing?
4. In chapter 3, what do the prisoners discuss after a few weeks in the camp?
5. Madame Schachter travels with whom?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)