|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (Pages 63 Ã‚â€“ 80).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elie find when he returns from work, still possessing his father's knife and spoon?
(a) He finds a note from his father.
(b) His father has not been selected.
(c) His father has been selected.
(d) He finds that his father's possessions are gone.
2. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He teaches religion at a high school.
(b) He works with Elie's father.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
3. In the spring of 1944, what do the people of Sighet believe about Hitler?
(a) They believe he will conquer all of Europe.
(b) They think he was killed or went into hiding.
(c) They think his troops are turning on him.
(d) They believe he will soon be defeated.
4. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) Moshe the Beadle.
(b) Elie Wiesel.
(c) A Hungarian policeman.
(d) Elie's father.
5. In chapter 2, what is the first thing the Jews see as the train stops before they get off?
(a) They see the occupants of the camp lined up in formation.
(b) They see men and women digging in a rock quarry.
(c) They see barbed wire.
(d) They see fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
2. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
3. How does Moshe tell Elie he escapes the Gestapo in 1944?
4. How are the Jews supposed to get to the next prison block at Auschwitz?
5. Why doesn't Elie fast on Yom Kippur?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)