|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the German officer in Chapter 2, what happened to any Jews who kept their valuables?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They were permitted to keep half their valuables.
(c) They were immediately sent to the furnace.
(d) They were separated from their relatives.
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wiesel describe his train trip leaving Sighet?
3. Where did the flames appear to be coming from that the Jews saw as they exit the train at Birkenau in Chapter 2?
(a) An overturned cattle car.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A house.
(d) A chimney.
4. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
(a) That they were not frightened.
(b) That they were on a secret mission.
(c) That the experience was just a dream, and that they would awaken soon.
(d) That Wiesel's mother and Tzipora were in a labor camp, not dead.
5. How did the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train in Chapter 2?
(a) There was one officer to guard each Jew.
(b) They threatened to send everyone to the furnace.
(c) They threatened to withhold everyone's food and water.
(d) They threatened to shoot everyone if even one person escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Tzipora's hair?
2. In Chapter 3, what were the prisoners forced to do in the first prison block when they arrived at Auschwitz?
3. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
4. How did Moshe tell Weisel he escaped the Gestapo in 1944?
5. What did the dentist find in Elie's mouth in Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)