|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what happened to the man who was looking for his family learned the truth?
(a) The man tried to get Wiesel in trouble with the guards.
(b) The man tried to kill Wiesel.
(c) The man told Wiesel he understood why he lied.
(d) Wiesel never saw him again.
2. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) A Hasidic synagogue.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) With Elie's father.
(d) He taught religion at a high school.
3. What happened to Madame Schachter as a result of the train trip in Chapter 2?
(a) She was shot by the Hungarian police.
(b) She became unresponsive.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She committed suicide.
4. Before the prisoners were assigned to blocks in Chapter 4, where did they wait?
(b) On bleachers.
(c) Seated on the ground.
(d) Standing by the fence.
5. What did Wiesel do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
(a) He loudly criticized those who were praising.
(b) He criticized God.
(c) He joined with the others in offering praise.
(d) He was the prayer leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Germans arrested the Jewish leaders during Passover, what were the Jews required to do?
2. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
3. Why was the dentist who did not pull Elie's tooth arrested in Chapter 4?
4. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, who was in charge of Wiesel, his father, and the other prisoners in the prison block?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)