|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what happened when Dr. Mengele called out numbers for another round of selection?
(a) Both Wiesel and his father were called.
(b) Wiesel's father's number was called.
(c) Neither Wiesel nor his father was called.
(d) Wiesel's number was called.
2. What did some of the young do in Chapter 2 under the cover of darkness?
(a) Comfort one another.
(b) Caress one another.
(c) Sit on one another's laps.
(d) Hug one another.
3. What did Madame Schachter do after the confrontation with the men on the train?
(a) She became eerily quiet.
(b) She finally calmed down.
(c) She became extremely violent.
(d) She continued to be hysterical.
4. After the war, what did Elie learn about the Russians coming to the camp in Chapter 5?
(a) The Russians never entered the camp.
(b) Anyone who remained in camp was taken prisoner by the Russians.
(c) The Russians liberated those in the hospital two days after the evacuation.
(d) The camp authorities massacred everyone who remained in camp.
5. How many prisoners were loaded into the cattle cars at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
2. What time did the bell ring at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What were the conditions for the Jews on the train in Chapter 2?
4. How did Moshe's experience change him?
5. In order to give themselves hope, what did Wiesel and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz in Chapter 3?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)