|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (Pages 45 62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conditions for the Jews on the train?
(a) There are games and a victrola.
(b) The conditions are crowded and hot.
(c) Each Jew has a sleeping bag and provisions.
(d) There is a seating and sleeping area.
2. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(b) They choose to evacuate.
(c) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(d) They choose to remain in the hospital.
3. What does the dentist find in Elie's mouth?
(a) A gold crown.
(b) A silver crown.
(c) A partial set of false teeth.
(d) A severely infected tooth.
4. What happens to prisoners who are selected?
(a) Those selected are released from camp, then shot.
(b) They are sent to the crematory.
(c) The prisoners are required to begin their new jobs immediately.
(d) The new prisoners must take care of the chimney.
5. What do the SS officers do to the prisoners the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
(a) They withhold their food and water.
(b) They force them to march on a five mile hike.
(c) They brand them with numbers.
(d) The SS officers make them watch the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they are shown the chimney at Birkenau, what is the crowd's reaction?
2. In chapter 4, what was Elie's job in the camp?
3. In chapter 3, what happens to the Jews at Birkenau once they leave the train?
4. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
5. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)