|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (Pages 63 Ã‚â€“ 80).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Madame Schachter cry and moan about?
(a) She moans about the fact that they are all going to die.
(b) She complains that she is ill.
(c) She cries about being separated from her family.
(d) She complains about the conditions on the train.
2. What is A-7713?
(a) The number of Elie's prison block.
(b) The number branded on the arm of Elie's father.
(c) The number branded on Elie's arm.
(d) The emergency code for an escaped prisoner.
3. What happens to the train on which Moshe is deported?
(a) The Gestapo order the Jews on Moshe's train car to unload and walk to the destination.
(b) The train crashes into a tressel.
(c) The train is taken over by the Gestapo in Polish territory.
(d) The last few train cars derail.
4. How does Elie's father respond to the order that Jews are not allowed to keep valuables in the house?
(a) He surrenders their valuables to the Germans.
(b) He buries their savings in the basement.
(c) He gives their savings to a relative who can safely hide them.
(d) He destroys their valuables rather that surrender them.
5. What does Moshe the Beadle focus on after his deportation?
(a) He immerses himself in prayer.
(b) He is engrossed in getting others to listen to his stories.
(c) He devotes himself to helping other foreign Jews escape.
(d) He plans an uprising against the Hungarian police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elie's group stay after being forced out of the ghetto?
2. What does the author say the cattle car is?
3. What are the conditions inside the synagogue while Elie's group stays there?
4. In chapter 4, what type of execution does Elie see for the first time?
5. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)