|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did the man respond who is looking for news of his family after he spoke with Wiesel?
(a) He remained quiet and returned to his place in the ranks.
(b) He wept with joy.
(c) He cried bitterly and hysterically.
(d) He collapsed from grief.
2. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
(a) The way he carried himself.
(b) His wide, dreamy eyes.
(c) His manner of speaking.
(d) His vast knowledge.
3. At Birkenau, what did a fellow prisoner tell Wiesel and his father to do?
(a) Keep their eyes averted downward at all times.
(b) Be sure to tell the truth about their ages.
(c) Lie about their ages.
4. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They respected them.
(b) They did not particularly like them.
(c) They were compassionate toward them.
(d) They hated them.
5. What were Wiesel's feelings about selection in Chapter 5?
(a) He knew he was strong and healthy, so he was not concerned.
(b) He did not want to begin a new job.
(c) He refused to take part.
(d) He was worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take one of the hanged prisoners to die at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What did Wiesel do as other Jews praise God on Rosh Hashanah?
3. What is "selection"?
4. What interests did Moshe and Wiesel share?
5. Why did Wiesel return the knife and spoon to his father in Chapter 5?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)