Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (Pages 81 92).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was speaking German to Elie at the camp so risky for a young female prisoner?
(a) The authorities would have realized she was Jewish.
(b) She didn't know if Elie could understand her German.
(c) She was afraid of Elie's reaction.
(d) She could have been killed for speaking German.
2. After tiring of her screams, what do the men finally do to quiet Madame Schachter?
(a) They sit on her.
(b) The men continue to ignore her outbursts.
(c) They gag her, tie her up, and hit her in the head.
(d) The men promise to put out the fire.
3. What do Elie and his father decide to do after hearing that the Russians may be approaching the camp?
(a) Elie chooses to join the Russian army.
(b) They choose to hide in an air raid shelter.
(c) They choose to remain in the hospital.
(d) They choose to evacuate.
4. How does Elie know Madame Schachter so well?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his teacher.
(c) She is sitting next to him during the long train trip.
(d) She often visited his family's home.
5. Why does Elie return the knife and spoon to his father?
(a) His father needs them to work in the kitchen.
(b) It continues the secret code between father and son.
(c) It reinforces the fact that his father was not selected.
(d) His father needs something to remind him of Elie until the result of his selection occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
2. How do the German officers keep anyone from escaping from the train?
3. In chapter 6, why are the prisoners running when they are evacuated?
4. The German officer who threatens to shoot the occupants of the cattle car compares them to what animal?
5. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)