|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (Pages 93 98).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of the knife and spoon given to Elie by his father?
(a) It means Elie's father now works in the kitchen.
(b) It is a secret code between Elie and his father.
(c) It means there will be a prayer meeting tonight behind the kitchen.
(d) It shows how little they have.
2. What is the lie that Elie tells to the man looking for Wiesel of Sighat?
(a) Elie tells the man that they are at another camp.
(b) Elie tells him that his family hasn't been heard from.
(c) Elie tells the man that he saw them in the flames of the chimney.
(d) Elie tells the man that his mother knows his family is safe.
3. Why is the event on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village occurring?
(a) Elie is selected.
(b) Bodies are piled on top of him.
(c) He is accused of stealing food.
(d) Elie doesn't know.
4. In chapter 7, to what natural phenomenon does Elie compare his brain?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A waterspout.
5. In chapter 5, what happens to Elie's leg?
(a) It swells.
(b) It is amputated.
(c) It is broken during a fight.
(d) It is severely injured at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "selection"?
2. What is Elie's reaction to the thick soup offered to him the day after arriving at Auschwitz?
3. Who does Elie call for help on the trip to the concentration camp after staying in the deserted village?
4. How do the Jews sleep the first night in the prison block at Auschwitz?
5. In order to give themselves hope, what do Elie and his father pretend after spending several weeks in Auschwitz?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)