Chapter 1 (Pages 1 20)
1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) A Hungarian policeman.
(b) Elie Wiesel.
(c) Elie's father.
(d) Moshe the Beadle.
2. Where is Sighet?
3. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) He works with Elie's father.
(c) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(d) He teaches religion at a high school.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is sensitive and emotional.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is untrustworthy.
(d) He is arrogant and overbearing.
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Playing board games.
(b) Discussing philosophy.
(c) Plotting against the Gestapo.
6. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
(a) They are confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(b) They are put on cattle cars.
(c) They must surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(d) They are systematically executed.
This section contains 6,566 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)