1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) Moshe the Beadle.
(b) Elie's father.
(c) Elie Wiesel.
(d) A Hungarian policeman.
2. What was Moishe the Beadle's economic status?
(a) Middle class.
(c) Upper middle class.
(d) Upper class.
3. Where is Sighet?
4. Where did Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He taught religion at a high school.
(b) A Hasidic synagogue.
(c) He did not have a job.
(d) With Elie's father.
5. How did the people of Sighet view the needy?
(a) They respected them.
(b) They were compassionate toward them.
(c) They hated them.
(d) They did not particularly like them.
6. In Chapter 1, what art had Moishe mastered?
(a) Making himself very noticeable.
(d) Making himself insignificant, invisible.
7. In Chapter 1, what did Wiesel like about Moishe?
(a) The way he carried himself.
(b) His wide, dreamy eyes.
(c) His manner of speaking.
(d) His vast knowledge.
8. When did Wiesel meet Moishe?
This section contains 6,886 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)