1. Who is the first person to be introduced in the book, Night?
(a) Moshe the Beadle.
(b) A Hungarian policeman.
(c) Elie's father.
(d) Elie Wiesel.
2. Where is Sighet?
3. Where does Moshe the Beadle work?
(a) He works at a Hasidic synagogue.
(b) He teaches religion at a high school.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) He works with Elie's father.
4. How do the people of Sighet regard Elie's father?
(a) He is sensitive and emotional.
(b) He is highly respected.
(c) He is untrustworthy.
(d) He is arrogant and overbearing.
5. What interest do Moshe and Elie share?
(a) Plotting against the Gestapo.
(b) Discussing philosophy.
(c) Playing board games.
6. What happens to the foreign Jews in Sighet when the Hungarian police arrive?
(a) They are confined to run-down, unsanitary ghettos.
(b) They must surrender all their possessions and walk to the nearest detention center.
(c) They are systematically executed.
(d) They are put on cattle cars.
This section contains 6,566 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)