Chapter 1 (Pages 1 20)
* The narrator, Elie Wiesel bonds with Moshe the Beadle.
* Moshe tells Elie that the Jews were slaughtered on his deportation trip.
* Moshe loses interest in all he loves after he returns from deportation.
* People believe Moshe is insane.
* The Germans invade the town and arrest the community leaders.
* The Germans impose strict laws on the Jews, including wearing the yellow star.
* The Jews are confined to ghettos.
* Eventually, the Jews are herded onto crowded cattle cars and are given few provisions.
Chapter 2 (Pages 21 26)
* On the train ride, the Jews have to take turns standing because there is no room to sit or lie down.
* They save what few provisions they have left in case the next day is worse.
* At one of the stops, a German officer forces the Jews to give up their valuables or be shot later if caught.
* On the train, a woman...
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)