|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Koop tell Marcy Lane in order to get her in his car?
2. Where do Lucas and Carrigan find Lawrence?
3. Who has accused Weston of being the killer?
4. Why are Davenport and Connell first called off the Wannemaker case?
5. What kind of emotion was Koop lacking for his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Price insist happened the night he supposedly killed the woman he is in jail for killing?
2. What two reasons does Roux have for ordering Davenport to resume his investigation in Chapter 7?
3. What major act of kindness did Weather do for Davenport a year before "Night Prey" opens?
4. What comparison does Davenport note between murderers and Weather when he is watching Weather operate at the hospital?
5. What did Sara imagine was happening when Koop licked her forehead?
6. What is Weather and Davenport's relationship?
7. Why does Davenport think Junky Doog might be the killer at the beginning of the book?
8. What kinds of aspirations does Roux have?
9. Why does Ray Weston's daughter report him as a possible suspect to the police?
10. What surprises Davenport about his first conversation with Jan Reed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least four aspects of "Night Prey" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Lucas Davenport mystery series.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three things that Sandford is able to do with the character of Davenport because he is a man AND at least three things Davenport is *not* able to do with him because he is a man.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least four features of Koop and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)