|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Price claim the tattoo said that he saw on a possible suspect?
2. What is inside of the briefcase Koop brings to the roof across from Sara's building?
3. What does Price claim about his conviction?
4. What did Koop first notice about Sara when he broke into her apartment?
5. What does Lawrence claim to have seen the suspect doing near Lane's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Davenport have when he argues with Connell about releasing the sketch of their suspect to the media?
2. What kinds of aspirations does Roux have?
3. What is Weather and Davenport's relationship?
4. What did Koop learn about himself while in the Army?
5. What comparison does Davenport note between murderers and Weather when he is watching Weather operate at the hospital?
6. What makes Sara realize that someone has licked her while she has been asleep?
7. What two reasons does Roux have for ordering Davenport to resume his investigation in Chapter 7?
8. Why is Jan Reed so friendly with Davenport?
9. What kind of person is Meagan Connell?
10. How does Koop get a copy of the new key to Sara's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Sandford is able to do with the character of Davenport because he is a man AND at least three things Davenport is *not* able to do with him because he is a man.
Essay Topic 2
Identify what you think is the tone for "Night Prey" and discuss three literary devices that Sandford uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "Night Prey" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Lucas Davenport mystery series.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)