|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Koop tell Marcy Lane in order to get her in his car?
2. Who calls in the tip about Ray Weston to the police?
3. What does Weather do for a living?
4. What kind of emotion was Koop lacking for his mother?
5. What reason does Connell use to leave the conversation between her, Davenport, and Price?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of aspirations does Roux have?
2. What makes Sara realize that someone has licked her while she has been asleep?
3. What important information does Mae Heinz contribute to the investigation?
4. What does the owner of The Saint tell Davenport and Connell when they come to question him about Harriet?
5. Why is Jan Reed so friendly with Davenport?
6. What important event happens as Koop is heading to the bookstore in Chapter 1?
7. What kind of case does Davenport watch Weather operate on in the hospital in Chapter 11?
8. What major act of kindness did Weather do for Davenport a year before "Night Prey" opens?
9. What kind of woman was Koop's mother?
10. What does Junky tell Davenport about cutting women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether Davenport is a good role model for young readers.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Sandford uses to create tension in "Night Prey."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Sandford uses to make one character of your choosing from "Night Prey" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)