• Chapter 1: Koop is a burglar who has recently become infatuated with Sara Jensen. He got her key from a moving company and broke into her apartment, finding her sleeping, although she did not wake up.
• Koop kidnaps Harriet Wannemaker outside of a bookstore and puts her unconscious in the back of his truck.
• Chapter 2: Lucas Davenport, a detective in Minneapolis, is introduced. He has come back to the department to help with his connections, as there is a serial killer on the loose.
• Davenport meets Meagan Connell, a gruff woman dying of cancer. She has been tracking the killer for months.
• Wannemaker's body is discover in a dumpster with the letters "S" and "J" carved into her breasts. All her other wounds match those from the previous killings tied to the serial killer.
• Chapter 3: Lucas meets with Chief Rose Marie Roux, who has political aspirations. She...
This section contains 1,686 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)