|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
2. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
3. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
4. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
5. While passing a theatre on the way, what does Nicholas notice about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The song sung by the company is ironic.
Part 1) What is the song that they sing? Why do they sing it?
Part 2) What is ironic about this song?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this song and it irony?
Essay Topic 2
A section of the play shows the poorest, nastiest, and most desperate sections of London.
Part 1) Describe these sections of London. What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Compare these poor sections to the other settings mentioned.
Part 3) How does this reinforce a characteristic of Dickens' stories?
Essay Topic 3
Nicholas is symbolic.
Part 1) Describe Nicholas. What does he represent?
Part 2) How does one know this is how he is symbolic?
Part 3) Why does the playwright use Nicholas to be symbolic? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)