|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
2. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
3. After Madeline takes her father out and then returns, what does she urge Nicholas to do?
4. The next day, we see whose offices?
5. What is learned about the Cheerybles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Integrity is lost partially through the play.
Part 1) What is integrity? How is it lost? Who loses it? Why do they lose it?
Part 2) How can readers relate to this? How is it relevant today?
Part 3) What is significant about Nicholas' behavior during this part of the play? What does this show about his transformation?
Essay Topic 2
This story is relevant today.
Part 1) Describe what is relevant to today's society and life.
Part 2) Could this be relevant throughout time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will this story continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Parallel scenes from other stories are used in this story.
Part 1) What other stories are found in this story? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) How do these stories enhance Dickens' story?
Part 3) How does the way these stories are used reflect the time in which Dickens' story takes place?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)