Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
An aspect of Dickens' work is that, in general, characters in his stories play out a complicated plot.
Part 1) Describe the plot in this story. How is it complicated?
Part 2) What is the purpose for a complicated plot?
Part 3) How do these plots reflect real life?
Ralph is symbolic.
Part 1) Describe Ralph. What does he symbolize?
Part 2) Why does he symbolize what he does?
Part 3) Compare Ralph's symbolism to Nicholas? What does this reveal?
The theme and story of Nicholas Nickleby is a reminder.
Part 1) Summarize the story. Of what is it a reminder.
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for writing a story? Why was it made into a play?
Part 3) How does this play enhance or detract from Dickens' story? Explain.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)