|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as everybody returns to go in to dinner, Noggs arrives in a new suit, confessing what?
2. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
3. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
4. Why is a young man attacking an angry man?
5. How does Nicholas react when he overhears men talking about Kate?
Essay Topic 1
Ralph craves money and status.
Part 1) Why does he crave this? How does it reflect his personality through the play?
Part 2) To what does this desire lead? What message does this send to readers?
Part 3) How do his cravings affect him by the end of the play? What does this say about people who crave money and status?
Essay Topic 2
The song sung by the company is ironic.
Part 1) What is the song that they sing? Why do they sing it?
Part 2) What is ironic about this song?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this song and it irony?
Essay Topic 3
Parallel scenes from other stories are used in this story.
Part 1) What other stories are found in this story? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) How do these stories enhance Dickens' story?
Part 3) How does the way these stories are used reflect the time in which Dickens' story takes place?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)