|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
Essay Topic 1
A key aspect of Dickens' work, in general, is the detail and breadth of his characters.
Part 1) Who are the main characters? Describe them.
Part 2) How does Dickens reveal aspects of his characters' personalities?
Part 3) How is any audience at any time able to connect to and relate to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
An aspect of Dickens' work is that, in general, characters in his stories play out a complicated plot.
Part 1) Describe the plot in this story. How is it complicated?
Part 2) What is the purpose for a complicated plot?
Part 3) How do these plots reflect real life?
Essay Topic 3
Minor characters, plot lines, and events are significant.
Part 1) Describe these minor characters, plot lines, and events.
Part 2) How are they significant? How do they reinforce Dickens' writing style?
Part 3) What is the connection between these minor details and the main characters and plot lines?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)