|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Gride get ready?
2. Why can Nicholas not pursue this person?
3. Back in London, for what does the social climbing Mrs. Wititterly ask Kate?
4. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
5. The next day, we see whose offices?
Essay Topic 1
There is a parallel development of the Verisopht plot and the Medeline plot.
Part 1) Describe each of the plots.
Part 2) What develops that connects these plots? What is the purpose of this parallel development?
Part 3) How does this development affect the characters? Why are they affected this way?
Essay Topic 2
Integrity is lost partially through the play.
Part 1) What is integrity? How is it lost? Who loses it? Why do they lose it?
Part 2) How can readers relate to this? How is it relevant today?
Part 3) What is significant about Nicholas' behavior during this part of the play? What does this show about his transformation?
Essay Topic 3
Nicholas has a temper.
Part 1) How does this temper change throughout the story?
Part 2) How does his journey of transformation affect his temper? Why?
Part 3) Based on what takes place when Nicholas' temper flares, what might Dickens think about this reaction to anger?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)