|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
Essay Topic 1
An aspect of Dickens' work is that, in general, characters in his stories play out a complicated plot.
Part 1) Describe the plot in this story. How is it complicated?
Part 2) What is the purpose for a complicated plot?
Part 3) How do these plots reflect real life?
Essay Topic 2
Integrity is lost partially through the play.
Part 1) What is integrity? How is it lost? Who loses it? Why do they lose it?
Part 2) How can readers relate to this? How is it relevant today?
Part 3) What is significant about Nicholas' behavior during this part of the play? What does this show about his transformation?
Essay Topic 3
Ralph is symbolic.
Part 1) Describe Ralph. What does he symbolize?
Part 2) Why does he symbolize what he does?
Part 3) Compare Ralph's symbolism to Nicholas? What does this reveal?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)