Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
The story has a central theme.
Part 1) What is this theme? How is this revealed in the story?
Part 2) Why does Dickens choose this as a theme?
Part 3) How does this theme touch the lives of all the main characters?
There are two central plot lines.
Part 1) What are these two plot lines? What is the significance of each?
Part 2) How are these two plot lines related or connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of having two plot lines?
A section of the play shows the poorest, nastiest, and most desperate sections of London.
Part 1) Describe these sections of London. What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Compare these poor sections to the other settings mentioned.
Part 3) How does this reinforce a characteristic of Dickens' stories?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)