|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
2. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
3. What is learned about the Cheerybles?
4. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
5. What does the company recount?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story is relevant today.
Part 1) Describe what is relevant to today's society and life.
Part 2) Could this be relevant throughout time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will this story continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Minor characters, plot lines, and events are significant.
Part 1) Describe these minor characters, plot lines, and events.
Part 2) How are they significant? How do they reinforce Dickens' writing style?
Part 3) What is the connection between these minor details and the main characters and plot lines?
Essay Topic 3
The story has a central theme.
Part 1) What is this theme? How is this revealed in the story?
Part 2) Why does Dickens choose this as a theme?
Part 3) How does this theme touch the lives of all the main characters?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)