|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
2. After Madeline takes her father out and then returns, what does she urge Nicholas to do?
3. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
4. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
5. While passing a theatre on the way, what does Nicholas notice about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Integrity is lost partially through the play.
Part 1) What is integrity? How is it lost? Who loses it? Why do they lose it?
Part 2) How can readers relate to this? How is it relevant today?
Part 3) What is significant about Nicholas' behavior during this part of the play? What does this show about his transformation?
Essay Topic 2
Parallel scenes from other stories are used in this story.
Part 1) What other stories are found in this story? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) How do these stories enhance Dickens' story?
Part 3) How does the way these stories are used reflect the time in which Dickens' story takes place?
Essay Topic 3
Ralph craves money and status.
Part 1) Why does he crave this? How does it reflect his personality through the play?
Part 2) To what does this desire lead? What message does this send to readers?
Part 3) How do his cravings affect him by the end of the play? What does this say about people who crave money and status?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)