|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
2. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
3. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
4. Why is a young man attacking an angry man?
5. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme and story of Nicholas Nickleby is a reminder.
Part 1) Summarize the story. Of what is it a reminder.
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for writing a story? Why was it made into a play?
Part 3) How does this play enhance or detract from Dickens' story? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are two central plot lines.
Part 1) What are these two plot lines? What is the significance of each?
Part 2) How are these two plot lines related or connected?
Part 3) What is the purpose of having two plot lines?
Essay Topic 3
The song sung by the company is ironic.
Part 1) What is the song that they sing? Why do they sing it?
Part 2) What is ironic about this song?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this song and it irony?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)