|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the company recount?
2. Why can Nicholas not pursue this person?
3. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
4. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
5. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A section of the play shows the poorest, nastiest, and most desperate sections of London.
Part 1) Describe these sections of London. What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Compare these poor sections to the other settings mentioned.
Part 3) How does this reinforce a characteristic of Dickens' stories?
Essay Topic 2
Ralph is symbolic.
Part 1) Describe Ralph. What does he symbolize?
Part 2) Why does he symbolize what he does?
Part 3) Compare Ralph's symbolism to Nicholas? What does this reveal?
Essay Topic 3
Integrity is lost partially through the play.
Part 1) What is integrity? How is it lost? Who loses it? Why do they lose it?
Part 2) How can readers relate to this? How is it relevant today?
Part 3) What is significant about Nicholas' behavior during this part of the play? What does this show about his transformation?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)