|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
2. Why does Nicholas defend his employer to Fanny, Tilda and John?
3. Paris challenges Romeo, they fight, and what happens?
4. Who stabbed Mercutio?
5. The party is resuming when suddenly what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Noggs expected?
2. How does the performance end?
3. What happens as the gathering begins to prepare for performances by Morleena and Miss Petowker?
4. How does Mrs. Nickleby help Verisopht, Hawk, Pluck, and Pyke?
5. What takes place at a public meeting in a tavern?
6. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
7. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
8. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
9. What does the Crummles Company perform?
10. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is important in this story.
Part 1) Give two examples of foreshadowing. What do these examples foreshadow?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this foreshadowing?
Part 3) How does it set the mood of the story and enhance the story for the reader or audience member?
Essay Topic 2
The song sung by the company is ironic.
Part 1) What is the song that they sing? Why do they sing it?
Part 2) What is ironic about this song?
Part 3) What is the purpose of this song and it irony?
Essay Topic 3
Ralph craves money and status.
Part 1) Why does he crave this? How does it reflect his personality through the play?
Part 2) To what does this desire lead? What message does this send to readers?
Part 3) How do his cravings affect him by the end of the play? What does this say about people who crave money and status?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)