|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stabbed Mercutio?
2. At the close of the first performance of Nicholas' new play, who visits him?
(c) Mr. Lillyvick.
3. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(b) Make dinner.
(d) Pass out dessert.
4. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
(a) Their depressing new home.
(b) His home.
(c) A picture of Mr. Nickleby.
(d) Their new shop.
5. How is Kate welcomed by the women in the workroom?
(c) With silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
2. What does Nicholas do to Squeers?
3. Why does this woman ask for Kate?
4. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
5. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
2. Why does a fight occur? What does Nicholas do about this?
3. How else has the story of Romeo and Juliet changed?
4. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
5. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
6. How does the play end?
7. In a roadside tavern, what do Nicholas and Smike learn?
8. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
9. What happens to Kate at the party?
10. What does Noggs realize about Gride's bride to be? What does he do when he makes this realization?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)