|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To avoid confrontation with the Kenwigs, what has this man arranged?
(a) To marry Miss Petowker that night after the performance.
(b) To marry Marleena in London.
(c) To marry Marleena that night after the performance.
(d) To marry Miss Petowker in London.
2. Melodramatic and overwrought, what does Mr. Mantalini do?
(a) He pulls out a gun with which to shoot the two.
(b) He gets a pair of scissors and acts like he is going to kill his wife.
(c) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens these two.
(d) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens to kill himself.
3. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
(a) He partners for a card game with Tilda.
(b) He tells her he cannot stand her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He sits as far away from her as possible.
4. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
(a) She enjoys the comfort.
(b) She thanks the girl for comforting her.
(c) She becomes even more upset.
(d) She defends Tilda.
5. Seeing Kate getting more uncomfortable as the men get raunchier, Hawk interrupts, expressing what belief?
(a) Kate should go home.
(b) Kate is hoping someone in the room will pay attention to her.
(c) Kate wants to join in on the conversation.
(d) Kate likes the attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pupker gives Nicholas a list of things to do, how does Nicholas react?
2. Noggs also appears and secretly gives Nicholas what?
3. At the moment Kate left Ralph's, Ralph saw a resemblance to whom, in Kate's face?
4. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
5. The action returns to what scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. To where do Nicholas and Smike head?
2. What happens when Ralph arrives at his office?
3. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
4. What does Miss Knag do for Kate?
5. What takes place at a public meeting in a tavern?
6. How does Bray act during his interaction with Nicholas?
7. What does Nicholas read after everyone else is gone?
8. What happens with Mr. Mantalini's outstanding bills?
9. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
10. Where does Nicholas travel? Why?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)