|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pupker feel when he discovers that Nicholas is related to Ralph?
(a) He sends him away.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He sees him in a more positive light.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. In a roadside tavern, Nicholas and Smike learn with dismay that not only is it still twelve miles to Portsmouth, but what?
(a) There are no carriages headed that way.
(b) There is no room for them to stay in Portsmouth.
(c) They have no more money.
(d) The Landlord has neither food nor shelter he can give them.
3. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
(a) He cries for Kate.
(b) He goes to his room.
(c) He sits on a bench and ponders his new life.
(d) Reads the letter from Noggs.
4. Kate is alone when who arrives to repossess the Mantalinis' belongings?
(a) Ralph and and large man.
(b) Hawk and Verisopht.
(c) Two rough-looking men called Scaley and Tix.
(d) Tilda and Fanny.
5. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
(b) She angrily storms out of the room.
(c) She has nothing to say.
(d) She quietly thanks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Madame Mantalini and Miss Knag arrive, what announcement is made?
2. What do Mrs. Nickleby and Kate help Nicholas do, before he leaves for Dothesboys Hall?
3. When Pupker gives Nicholas a list of things to do, how does Nicholas react?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. Of what does Hawk accuse Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good luck does Nicholas have?
2. What takes place at the tavern?
3. What does Ralph think about Kate?
4. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
5. For what is Gride preparing?
6. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
7. Where is Noggs expected?
8. As Nicholas arrives at Dotheboys, how does he feel?
9. What does Crummles tell the company, when he arrives with Nicholas and Smike?
10. By what is Sir Matthew Pupker distracted?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)