|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing Kate getting more uncomfortable as the men get raunchier, Hawk interrupts, expressing what belief?
(a) Kate wants to join in on the conversation.
(b) Kate is hoping someone in the room will pay attention to her.
(c) Kate likes the attention.
(d) Kate should go home.
2. What does Ralph promise Sir Mulberry Hawk?
(a) He will not be attending the party.
(b) There will be attractions other than a good business deal at the party.
(c) He will sign a deal during the dinner party.
(d) There will be nothing exciting at the party.
3. Who interrupts the argument between Ralph and Hawk?
4. Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas do what for the company?
(a) Direct the plays.
(b) Canvas for financial support.
(c) Make costumes.
(d) Write the plays.
5. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She angrily storms out of the room.
(b) She quietly thanks him.
(c) She has nothing to say.
(d) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Nickleby take her two children with her to see Ralph?
2. In a roadside tavern, Nicholas and Smike learn with dismay that not only is it still twelve miles to Portsmouth, but what?
3. What does this person offer Nicholas?
4. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
5. Who does Squeers summon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas end up fighting Hawk?
2. What does Ralph think about Kate?
3. How does the play end?
4. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
5. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
6. How does the family act when Mr. Lillyvick arrives?
7. For what is Gride preparing?
8. For whom does Kate now work?
9. What happens when Ralph receives Fanny's letter?
10. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)