|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate's first fitting go?
(a) Not very well.
2. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
(b) She angrily storms out of the room.
(c) She has nothing to say.
(d) She quietly thanks him.
3. Where is Noggs expected?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) An anniversary party.
(c) A suprise party.
(d) A welcome home party.
4. For whom is Mrs. Kenwigs waiting?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
5. Of what does Hawk accuse Ralph?
(a) Having a shy, boring girl as his hostess.
(b) Using Kate as bait to lure Verisopht into a financial arrangement.
(c) Being romantically involved with Kate.
(d) Of keeping Kate all to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squeers make this person do?
2. Who does, Member of Parliament, Sir Matthew Pupker face in the tavern?
3. What does the Crummles Company perform?
4. Back at Dotheboys, what is Squeers doing to Smike?
5. Who are the Curdles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
2. How does Fanny become interested in Nicholas? Why does she become interested?
3. For whom does Kate now work?
4. What does Squeers do to help Ralph?
5. What does Ralph say when Kate asks to live with her mother?
6. How does Mrs. Nickleby help Verisopht, Hawk, Pluck, and Pyke?
7. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
8. How does the performance end?
9. What good luck does Nicholas have?
10. Why does a fight occur? What does Nicholas do about this?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)