|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate ask Ralph?
(a) Where she will be living.
(b) If she could have her own place.
(c) Why he is so cruel.
(d) Whether she is to live at home.
2. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
(a) They will not be happy to know he loves their daughter.
(b) They will forbid his marriage.
(c) He has no money to give to Miss Petowker.
(d) The inheritance they were expecting will now be Miss Petowker's.
3. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
(a) An elderly lord and his young fiancee.
(d) A young woman.
4. When Pupker gives Nicholas a list of things to do, how does Nicholas react?
(a) He asks Pupker what he will be doing while he is doing all the work.
(b) He walks out.
(c) He returns the list back to Pupker, telling him he is not interested.
(d) He asks what Pupker would like done first.
5. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
(a) He is pulling his investment out at a considerable profit.
(b) He is selling the company.
(c) He is joining the company.
(d) He is investing more money in the company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Noggs also appears and secretly gives Nicholas what?
2. What is odd about this place?
3. Nicholas arrives at the tavern where Squeers is depriving the boys in his charge of what?
4. As Mrs. Nickleby appears, Ralph announces that he has found a position for Kate working for whom?
5. Of what does Hawk accuse Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph say when Kate asks to live with her mother?
2. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
3. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
4. What does Crummles tell the company, when he arrives with Nicholas and Smike?
5. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
6. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
7. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
8. What happens when Noggs goes downstairs?
9. How does the performance end?
10. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)