|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melodramatic and overwrought, what does Mr. Mantalini do?
(a) He pulls out a gun with which to shoot the two.
(b) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens to kill himself.
(c) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens these two.
(d) He gets a pair of scissors and acts like he is going to kill his wife.
2. Where is Noggs expected?
(a) An anniversary party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A welcome home party.
(d) A suprise party.
3. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
(a) A note from Bonney.
(b) His lunch.
(c) A letter informing him of his brother's death, that his brother's family has arrived in town, and that they would like to see him.
(d) A bill for his laundry.
4. What is odd about this place?
(a) Everyone looks angry.
(b) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) It looks abandoned.
5. Why does Nicholas slip away after the wedding?
(a) He received a letter.
(b) He is not happy about the wedding.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is anxious to learn the role of Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. These two go through the Mantalinis' things and reveal what?
2. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
3. To what does Ralph invite Kate?
4. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
5. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bray act during his interaction with Nicholas?
2. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
3. How does the death scene of Romeo and Juliet change from the original plot?
4. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
5. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
6. What does Miss Knag do for Kate?
7. As Nicholas arrives at Dotheboys, how does he feel?
8. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
9. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
10. What happens when Noggs goes downstairs?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)