|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas realize he must do to save Kate and his mother?
(a) He has to get rid of Ralph.
(b) He has to leave.
(c) He must find a job quickly.
(d) He must find them a new home.
2. Who does Squeers summon?
3. Members of the company, speaking in turn, give what information to the audience?
(a) The location of the play.
(b) How to behave as an audience member.
(c) The family background of the Nickleby family.
(d) The family backgrounds of each character in the play.
4. How does Kate's first fitting go?
(b) Not very well.
5. At the moment Kate left Ralph's, Ralph saw a resemblance to whom, in Kate's face?
(a) His dead younger brother, Kate's father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) His father.
(d) A kind woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squeers make this person do?
2. Who is the Infant Phenomenon?
3. Where do Nicholas, Squeers and the Boys arrive?
4. The Kenwigs ask Nicholas to stay. How does he respond?
5. What is odd about this place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How else has the story of Romeo and Juliet changed?
2. How does the play end?
3. How does the performance end?
4. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
5. What is taking place back in London?
6. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
7. What does Ralph think about Kate?
8. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
9. What is Ralph doing at his home?
10. By what is Sir Matthew Pupker distracted?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)