|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is this song?
(a) The importance of compassion.
(b) The glory of England, its industry, its wealth, and joy.
(c) The power of love.
(d) The love of family.
2. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
3. By what is this man distracted?
(a) A theater performance.
(b) His fear of the world.
(c) A delegation from his political district.
(d) A letter from Fanny.
4. Who does Squeers summon?
5. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
(a) They glare at him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They embrace him.
(d) They introduce him to their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Bowdie do when Nicholas encounters him in the countryside near Dotheboys?
2. What does Nicholas do when he discovers Smike alone?
3. The Kenwigs ask Nicholas to stay. How does he respond?
4. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
5. Paris challenges Romeo, they fight, and what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
2. Where is Noggs expected?
3. What happens to Kate at the party?
4. What is taking place back in London?
5. What is Ralph doing at his home?
6. For whom does Kate now work?
7. What does Ralph think about Kate?
8. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
9. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
10. What happens when Ralph arrives at his office?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)