|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paris challenges Romeo, they fight, and what happens?
(a) Paris runs away.
(b) Paris is killed.
(c) Paris kills Romeo.
(d) Romeo runs away.
2. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
(a) He goes to his room.
(b) He sits on a bench and ponders his new life.
(c) Reads the letter from Noggs.
(d) He cries for Kate.
3. By what is this man distracted?
(a) A delegation from his political district.
(b) A letter from Fanny.
(c) His fear of the world.
(d) A theater performance.
4. What does the Crummles Company perform?
(a) The final scene of their version of Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The first scene of A Christmas Carol.
(c) The first scene of their version of Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The last scene of A Christmas Carol.
5. Who does, Member of Parliament, Sir Matthew Pupker face in the tavern?
(a) An angry mob.
(b) Angry muffin and crumpet sellers.
(c) An angry Nicholas Nickleby.
(d) An angry proprietor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas realize he must do to save Kate and his mother?
2. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
3. These two go through the Mantalinis' things and reveal what?
4. Of what does Miss Knag accuse Kate?
5. Who interrupts the argument between Ralph and Hawk?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Nicholas arrives at Dotheboys, how does he feel?
2. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
3. What does Ralph think about Kate?
4. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
5. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
6. What is taking place back in London?
7. How does Bray act during his interaction with Nicholas?
8. What does Squeers do to help Ralph?
9. With whom has Mr. Lillyvick fallen in love?
10. What does Ralph convince Squeers to do?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)