|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Squeers summon?
2. As soon as the members of the company discover that Nicholas is a playwright, what do they do?
(a) Begin to ignore him.
(b) Start asking him which parts they will be play in the new play.
(c) Want his autograph.
(d) Ask about auditions for his plays.
3. What has Noggs arranged for Nicholas?
(a) For him to leave London.
(b) For him to tutor the Kenwigs' children.
(c) For him to live with his mother and sister.
(d) For him to return to Dothesboys Hall.
4. What does Ralph promise Sir Mulberry Hawk?
(a) There will be nothing exciting at the party.
(b) He will sign a deal during the dinner party.
(c) He will not be attending the party.
(d) There will be attractions other than a good business deal at the party.
5. What happened to the girl the Kenwigs had paid to watch the baby?
(a) She has run away.
(b) She had caught her hair on fire.
(c) She left the baby alone.
(d) She burned the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
2. How does Ralph react when Kate begins to cry out of gratitude and relief?
3. At a tavern in the lower class end of London, what is Wackford Squeers, the headmaster of Dotheboys Hall, doing?
4. Juliet awakes and sees what?
5. Where is Noggs expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
2. What does Crummles tell the company, when he arrives with Nicholas and Smike?
3. For whom does Kate now work?
4. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
5. Where do Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas go to canvas for financial support for the company?
6. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
7. With whom has Mr. Lillyvick fallen in love?
8. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
9. What happens as the gathering begins to prepare for performances by Morleena and Miss Petowker?
10. What does Noggs realize about Gride's bride to be? What does he do when he makes this realization?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)