Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While out on a walk through the school's gardens, Nicholas meets Fanny and Tilda who do what?
(a) Stage a little scene which ends with Fanny fainting into Nicholas' arms.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Giggle and flirt with him.
(d) Get him into trouble with Mr. Squeers.
2. How does Ralph react when Kate begins to cry out of gratitude and relief?
(a) He begins to care about her.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He tells her roughly to stop.
(d) He comforts her.
3. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He partners for a card game with Tilda.
(c) He sits as far away from her as possible.
(d) He tells her he cannot stand her.
4. What does Kate ask Ralph?
(a) Whether she is to live at home.
(b) If she could have her own place.
(c) Where she will be living.
(d) Why he is so cruel.
5. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
(a) A bill for his laundry.
(b) His lunch.
(c) A letter informing him of his brother's death, that his brother's family has arrived in town, and that they would like to see him.
(d) A note from Bonney.
Short Answer Questions
1. These two go through the Mantalinis' things and reveal what?
2. What has Noggs arranged for Nicholas?
3. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
4. As she finishes writing her letter, who appears, looking for his son?
5. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Nickleby help Verisopht, Hawk, Pluck, and Pyke?
2. How does the family act when Mr. Lillyvick arrives?
3. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
4. What takes place at a public meeting in a tavern?
5. By what is Sir Matthew Pupker distracted?
6. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
7. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
8. How is London described?
9. What happens to Kate at the party?
10. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)