|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
2. What does the owner of the shop promise Kate?
(a) A long work day.
(b) An easy job.
(c) A good salary.
(d) A place to sleep.
3. Who represents the wealthy industrial classes?
(a) Kate, Noggs and Brooker.
(b) Crowl, Noggs and Brooker.
(c) Ralph, Crowl and Noggs.
(d) Kate, Mrs. Nickleby and Squeers.
4. Where is Noggs expected?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) An anniversary party.
(c) A suprise party.
(d) A welcome home party.
5. How do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby react when Ralph confronts them with the information contained in Fanny's letter?
(a) With disbelief.
(b) With anger.
(c) With irritation.
(d) With love.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
2. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
3. In addition to writing the new play, what is Nicholas to do?
4. These two go through the Mantalinis' things and reveal what?
5. The party is resuming when suddenly what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
2. What good luck does Nicholas have?
3. With whom has Mr. Lillyvick fallen in love?
4. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
5. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
6. How does the play end?
7. How is London described?
8. What happens when Ralph receives Fanny's letter?
9. In a roadside tavern, what do Nicholas and Smike learn?
10. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)