|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melodramatic and overwrought, what does Mr. Mantalini do?
(a) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens these two.
(b) He gets a pair of scissors and acts like he is going to kill his wife.
(c) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens to kill himself.
(d) He pulls out a gun with which to shoot the two.
2. Of what does Miss Knag accuse Kate?
(a) Stealing money from Madame Mantalini.
(b) Trying to ruin her chances at getting better pay.
(c) Bribing customers.
(d) Manipulating her way into Madame Mantalini's affections.
3. Back in London, Newman Noggs arrives at Miss LaCreevy's to take Mrs. Nickleby and Kate where?
(a) Their new home.
(b) Kate's new job.
(d) See Nicholas.
4. Seeing Kate getting more uncomfortable as the men get raunchier, Hawk interrupts, expressing what belief?
(a) Kate is hoping someone in the room will pay attention to her.
(b) Kate wants to join in on the conversation.
(c) Kate likes the attention.
(d) Kate should go home.
5. The action returns to what scene?
(a) In which Tybalt kills Mercutio.
(b) In which the Nurse tells Juliet Romeo is gone.
(c) In which Romeo and Juliet meet.
(d) In which Romeo (played by Nicholas) is told that Juliet is dead, and vows with the help of the Apothecary to die next to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Squeers and Mrs. Squeers discuss Nicholas, what happens to Fanny?
2. About what is this song?
3. What does Nicholas realize he must do to save Kate and his mother?
4. What does Madame Mantalini also announce?
5. What has Noggs arranged for Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ralph doing at his home?
2. As the play begins, what are members of the company doing?
3. For whom does Kate now work?
4. What happens when Ralph receives Fanny's letter?
5. To where do Nicholas and Smike head?
6. What happens when Nicholas encounters John Bowdie?
7. Describe Fanny Squeers and Tilda Price.
8. What does the Crummles Company perform?
9. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
10. What happens when Ralph arrives at his office?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)