|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she finishes writing her letter, who appears, looking for his son?
(b) Mr. Nickleby.
(c) A man named Brooker.
2. Why does Nicholas slip away after the wedding?
(a) He is not happy about the wedding.
(b) He received a letter.
(c) He is anxious to learn the role of Romeo.
(d) He is not feeling well.
3. What happened to the girl the Kenwigs had paid to watch the baby?
(a) She had caught her hair on fire.
(b) She has run away.
(c) She burned the dinner.
(d) She left the baby alone.
4. Who stabbed Mercutio?
5. With what bad news does Noggs interrupt Nicholas?
(a) Fanny wants to marry him.
(b) Ralph has returned early, has seen the letter from Fanny, and has gone straight to Mrs. Nickleby's.
(c) Kate has lost her job.
(d) Ralph has left town.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
2. Who interrupts the argument between Ralph and Hawk?
3. About what is this song?
4. Who represents the wealthy industrial classes?
5. Paris challenges Romeo, they fight, and what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
2. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
3. In a roadside tavern, what do Nicholas and Smike learn?
4. How is London described?
5. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
6. What happens when Noggs goes downstairs?
7. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
8. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
9. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
10. For what is Gride preparing?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)