|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph do to the two people who have been dealing with the Mantalinis?
(a) He gives them their wages and congratulates them on a job well done.
(b) He throws them out.
(c) He sends them home to their husbands.
(d) He ridicules them.
2. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
3. As soon as the members of the company discover that Nicholas is a playwright, what do they do?
(a) Want his autograph.
(b) Begin to ignore him.
(c) Start asking him which parts they will be play in the new play.
(d) Ask about auditions for his plays.
4. How do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby react when Ralph confronts them with the information contained in Fanny's letter?
(a) With disbelief.
(b) With irritation.
(c) With love.
(d) With anger.
5. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
(a) A letter.
(b) Bad news.
(d) Good news.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Kate poses for Miss LaCreevy, what do they discuss?
2. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
3. Ignoring Kate's discomfort, Hawk and Verisopht joke about what?
4. At the moment Kate left Ralph's, Ralph saw a resemblance to whom, in Kate's face?
5. As Kate arrives what are the owners of the shop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas go to canvas for financial support for the company?
2. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
3. How does the performance end?
4. What happens as the gathering begins to prepare for performances by Morleena and Miss Petowker?
5. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
6. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
7. What does Ralph say when Kate asks to live with her mother?
8. What good news does Noggs have for Nicholas?
9. What happens when Noggs goes downstairs?
10. What happens with Mr. Mantalini's outstanding bills?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)