|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
(a) He is joining the company.
(b) He is investing more money in the company.
(c) He is pulling his investment out at a considerable profit.
(d) He is selling the company.
2. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
(a) His lunch.
(b) A bill for his laundry.
(c) A letter informing him of his brother's death, that his brother's family has arrived in town, and that they would like to see him.
(d) A note from Bonney.
3. What is odd about this place?
(a) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(b) It looks abandoned.
(c) Everyone looks angry.
(d) It is very quiet.
4. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
(b) A young woman.
(d) An elderly lord and his young fiancee.
5. To what does Ralph invite Kate?
(a) To be hostess at a party he is giving the next night.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To meet his family.
(d) To the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby react when Ralph confronts them with the information contained in Fanny's letter?
2. Where does Nicholas say they are going?
3. What does Smike say to Nicholas when he comes across him on a road to London?
4. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
5. What character enters the scene who is not in the original story of Romeo and Juliet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
2. How does the play end?
3. What happens with Mr. Mantalini's outstanding bills?
4. How does Nicholas end up fighting Hawk?
5. What happens to Kate at the party?
6. Describe Fanny Squeers and Tilda Price.
7. Where does Nicholas travel? Why?
8. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
9. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
10. What happens when Nicholas encounters John Bowdie?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)