|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
(a) The inheritance they were expecting will now be Miss Petowker's.
(b) They will not be happy to know he loves their daughter.
(c) They will forbid his marriage.
(d) He has no money to give to Miss Petowker.
2. Why does Nicholas slip away after the wedding?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He is not happy about the wedding.
(c) He is anxious to learn the role of Romeo.
(d) He received a letter.
3. What does Madame Mantalini also announce?
(a) She is quitting her job.
(b) She is separating from Mr. Mantalini.
(c) She wants Kate to continue to work for her.
(d) She is having a child.
4. Crowl comes with what news?
(a) Nicholas is missing.
(b) London is burning.
(c) Two men, both covered in mud, are at the door and are asking for Noggs.
(d) Squeers has been attacked.
5. What is revealed about Paris?
(a) He has left Verona.
(b) He is not actually dead.
(c) He is no longer intersted in Juliet.
(d) He is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets off on a journey with Nicholas?
2. Who is the Infant Phenomenon?
3. When Pupker gives Nicholas a list of things to do, how does Nicholas react?
4. Juliet awakes and sees what?
5. What does this person offer Nicholas?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
2. What is taking place back in London?
3. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
4. What does Noggs realize about Gride's bride to be? What does he do when he makes this realization?
5. What takes place at the tavern?
6. What does Ralph think about Kate?
7. How does the performance end?
8. What does Ralph convince Squeers to do?
9. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
10. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)