|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(a) Make dinner.
(c) Pass out dessert.
2. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
(a) Tilda tells her she does not like Nicholas.
(b) Nicholas leaves.
(c) Tilda starts talking about Nicholas.
(d) Fanny sees Nicholas talking to another girl.
3. Who does, Member of Parliament, Sir Matthew Pupker face in the tavern?
(a) Angry muffin and crumpet sellers.
(b) An angry Nicholas Nickleby.
(c) An angry mob.
(d) An angry proprietor.
4. What song does the Crummles Company sing?
(a) A boring song.
(b) A silly song.
(c) A happy song.
(d) A sad song.
5. Why does Bonney come to see Ralph?
(a) He has come to beg a favor of Ralph.
(b) He has come to apologize to Ralph for the muffin men's behavior.
(c) He has come to request Ralph's investment in the muffin corporation.
(d) He owes Ralph money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
2. Into what actress does Nicholas run?
3. Who represents the wealthy industrial classes?
4. Who are the Curdles?
5. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kate at the party?
2. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
3. What does Nicholas read after everyone else is gone?
4. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
5. How is London described?
6. What happens when Ralph arrives at his office?
7. Where is Noggs expected?
8. With whom has Mr. Lillyvick fallen in love?
9. What happens as the gathering begins to prepare for performances by Morleena and Miss Petowker?
10. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)