|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
(a) Bad news.
(b) A letter.
(c) Good news.
2. What does the owner of the shop promise Kate?
(a) A good salary.
(b) A long work day.
(c) An easy job.
(d) A place to sleep.
3. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
(a) The scene in which Romeo goes to the Apothecary.
(b) The scene in which Juilet and Romeo meet.
(c) The scene in which the Montagues and Capulets find the bodies of Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The scene in which Juliet's father shouts angrily about her reluctance to marry whom she's told to marry.
4. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
(b) Sir Matthew Pupker.
(c) The Crummles.
5. Who does, Member of Parliament, Sir Matthew Pupker face in the tavern?
(a) Angry muffin and crumpet sellers.
(b) An angry mob.
(c) An angry Nicholas Nickleby.
(d) An angry proprietor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does this final tableau for Romeo and Juliet transform?
2. What does John Bowdie do when Nicholas encounters him in the countryside near Dotheboys?
3. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
4. By what is this man distracted?
5. Why does Nicholas slip away after the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good luck does Nicholas have?
2. What does Crummles tell the company, when he arrives with Nicholas and Smike?
3. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
4. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
5. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
6. What is taking place back in London?
7. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
8. What does Miss Knag do for Kate?
9. What takes place at a public meeting in a tavern?
10. What does Squeers do to help Ralph?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)