|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they prepare to move on, they encounter who?
(b) Vincent Crummles.
(d) Mr. Lillyvick.
2. Who is the Infant Phenomenon?
(a) A large woman in a circus.
(b) The Crummles' daughter who's in her late teens but is forced to act much younger
(c) A waitress at the tavern.
(d) A famous London actress.
3. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
(a) He is joining the company.
(b) He is investing more money in the company.
(c) He is selling the company.
(d) He is pulling his investment out at a considerable profit.
4. What does Nicholas do when he crumples to the floor?
(a) He feels ill.
(b) He screams.
(c) He faints.
(d) He sobs.
5. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
(a) She tells him how much she loves Nicholas.
(b) She keeps the attack on Squeers a secret.
(c) She exaggerates Nicholas' attack on Squeers.
(d) She tells only a part of the Squeers attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonney protest?
2. What does John Bowdie do when Nicholas encounters him in the countryside near Dotheboys?
3. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
4. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
5. How does Kate's first fitting go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
2. What does Nicholas read after everyone else is gone?
3. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
4. At the theatre in Portsmouth, the Crummles Company has just finished another successful performance. Who enters to speak with Nicholas? Why?
5. What is taking place back in London?
6. Where is Noggs expected?
7. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
8. Where are Mr. Lillyvick and his bride married? Why does Nicholas leave early?
9. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
10. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)