|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Miss Knag accuse Kate?
(a) Bribing customers.
(b) Trying to ruin her chances at getting better pay.
(c) Manipulating her way into Madame Mantalini's affections.
(d) Stealing money from Madame Mantalini.
2. When Pupker gives Nicholas a list of things to do, how does Nicholas react?
(a) He walks out.
(b) He asks Pupker what he will be doing while he is doing all the work.
(c) He asks what Pupker would like done first.
(d) He returns the list back to Pupker, telling him he is not interested.
3. What does Nicholas do when he crumples to the floor?
(a) He faints.
(b) He feels ill.
(c) He screams.
(d) He sobs.
4. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She quietly thanks him.
(b) She angrily storms out of the room.
(c) She has nothing to say.
(d) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
5. Why does Mrs. Nickleby take her two children with her to see Ralph?
(a) Her husband has died and left her penniless.
(b) She wants to visit her husband's brother.
(c) Ralph has invited them to visit.
(d) Her husband is spending time with his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crowl volunteer to do?
2. Why does Bonney protest?
3. Who are the Curdles?
4. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
5. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the death scene of Romeo and Juliet change from the original plot?
2. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
3. What happens when Noggs goes downstairs?
4. Where does Nicholas travel? Why?
5. What happens to Smike? How does Nicholas help him?
6. How does Fanny become interested in Nicholas? Why does she become interested?
7. What does the Crummles Company perform?
8. As Nicholas arrives at Dotheboys, how does he feel?
9. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
10. What happens with Mr. Mantalini's outstanding bills?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)