|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about this place?
(a) Everyone looks angry.
(b) It looks abandoned.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) Here it does not really have a name at all.
2. To avoid confrontation with the Kenwigs, what has this man arranged?
(a) To marry Marleena that night after the performance.
(b) To marry Marleena in London.
(c) To marry Miss Petowker in London.
(d) To marry Miss Petowker that night after the performance.
3. Kate is alone when who arrives to repossess the Mantalinis' belongings?
(a) Two rough-looking men called Scaley and Tix.
(b) Hawk and Verisopht.
(c) Tilda and Fanny.
(d) Ralph and and large man.
4. For whom is Mrs. Kenwigs waiting?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
5. What happened to the girl the Kenwigs had paid to watch the baby?
(a) She has run away.
(b) She left the baby alone.
(c) She had caught her hair on fire.
(d) She burned the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of Kate's new place of work?
2. This is the first of several scenes detailing what?
3. What does Nicholas do when he discovers Smike alone?
4. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
5. What does the Crummles Company perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
2. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
3. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
4. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
5. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
6. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
7. For what is Gride preparing?
8. What does Miss Knag do for Kate?
9. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
10. With whom has Mr. Lillyvick fallen in love?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)