|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is this man distracted?
(a) A delegation from his political district.
(b) His fear of the world.
(c) A theater performance.
(d) A letter from Fanny.
2. What does Smike tell Nicholas that he cannot remember?
(a) When he first went to Dotheboys Hall.
(b) His life before Nicholas entered into it.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two days together when he has not been afraid.
3. For whom is Mrs. Kenwigs waiting?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. As she finishes writing her letter, who appears, looking for his son?
(a) Mr. Nickleby.
(b) A man named Brooker.
5. What does Mr. Mantalini sell Ralph?
(a) The outstanding bills from the millinery shop.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) His stock of hats.
(d) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does the Crummles Company sing?
2. What is revealed about Paris?
3. Of what does Miss Knag accuse Kate?
4. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
5. Where is this couple married?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Nicholas arrives at Dotheboys, how does he feel?
2. What does Ralph think about Kate?
3. What does Nicholas read after everyone else is gone?
4. How does the death scene of Romeo and Juliet change from the original plot?
5. How does Mr. Lillyvick react to this commotion?
6. What happens when Ralph arrives at his office?
7. By what is Sir Matthew Pupker distracted?
8. Where do Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas go to canvas for financial support for the company?
9. What does Ralph say when Kate asks to live with her mother?
10. In a roadside tavern, what do Nicholas and Smike learn?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)