|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list does Mrs. Squeers goes through?
(a) The lengthy list of troublesome boys at the school.
(b) The list of chores to be done.
(c) Her shopping list.
(d) Nicholas' class list.
2. What does Mr. Mantalini sell Ralph?
(a) His stock of hats.
(b) The outstanding bills from the millinery shop.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) His soul.
3. What does Smike tell Nicholas that he cannot remember?
(a) His parents.
(b) His life before Nicholas entered into it.
(c) Two days together when he has not been afraid.
(d) When he first went to Dotheboys Hall.
4. At the close of the first performance of Nicholas' new play, who visits him?
(a) Mr. Lillyvick.
5. Back at Dotheboys, what is Squeers doing to Smike?
(a) Calling for him.
(b) Torturing him.
(c) Teasing him.
(d) Whipping him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Kate poses for Miss LaCreevy, what do they discuss?
2. Who is the older Nickleby son?
3. Who stabbed Mercutio?
4. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
5. What happened to the girl the Kenwigs had paid to watch the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicholas do to help Smike?
2. Describe the boys at Dotheboys Hall.
3. Describe Fanny Squeers and Tilda Price.
4. What takes place back in Portsmouth?
5. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
6. Where does Nicholas travel? Why?
7. What does Noggs realize about Gride's bride to be? What does he do when he makes this realization?
8. What good luck does Nicholas have?
9. As Nicholas continues to teach Smike his lines about the need for money overruling conscience, what is Ralph doing?
10. In a roadside tavern, what do Nicholas and Smike learn?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)