|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
(a) His home.
(b) A picture of Mr. Nickleby.
(c) Their new shop.
(d) Their depressing new home.
2. What is odd about this place?
(a) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(b) It looks abandoned.
(c) Everyone looks angry.
(d) It is very quiet.
3. At the close of the first performance of Nicholas' new play, who visits him?
(a) Mr. Lillyvick.
4. As Squeers and Mrs. Squeers discuss Nicholas, what happens to Fanny?
(a) She becomes bored.
(b) She becomes intrigued.
(c) She becomes irritated.
(d) She becomes angry.
5. Where does Nicholas say they are going?
(a) Dotheboys Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bonney protest?
2. Who is the older Nickleby son?
3. To avoid confrontation with the Kenwigs, what has this man arranged?
4. Where does this play take place?
5. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Ralph's scene as Nicholas rehearses the scene in which Romeo purchases poison from the Apothecary?
2. What does Ralph learn about his plans?
3. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
4. What happens with Mr. Mantalini's outstanding bills?
5. What does Squeers do to help Ralph?
6. Describe Fanny Squeers and Tilda Price.
7. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
8. For whom does Kate now work?
9. How does Bray act during his interaction with Nicholas?
10. Where does Nicholas travel? Why?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)