|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Hawk accuse Ralph?
(a) Using Kate as bait to lure Verisopht into a financial arrangement.
(b) Of keeping Kate all to himself.
(c) Having a shy, boring girl as his hostess.
(d) Being romantically involved with Kate.
2. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She quietly thanks him.
(b) She has nothing to say.
(c) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
(d) She angrily storms out of the room.
3. How does Pupker feel when he discovers that Nicholas is related to Ralph?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He sends him away.
(d) He sees him in a more positive light.
4. Who does Squeers summon?
5. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
(a) His home.
(b) Their new shop.
(c) Their depressing new home.
(d) A picture of Mr. Nickleby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
2. Who represents the wealthy industrial classes?
3. What does the Crummles Company perform?
4. How is Kate welcomed by the women in the workroom?
5. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ralph receives Fanny's letter?
2. What does Crummles tell the company, when he arrives with Nicholas and Smike?
3. What does Ralph say when Kate asks to live with her mother?
4. What is Ralph doing at his home?
5. What does Squeers do to help Ralph?
6. How is London described?
7. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
8. What takes place at the tavern?
9. What does the Crummles Company perform?
10. How does Nicholas end up fighting Hawk?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)