|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph promise Sir Mulberry Hawk?
(a) He will sign a deal during the dinner party.
(b) He will not be attending the party.
(c) There will be attractions other than a good business deal at the party.
(d) There will be nothing exciting at the party.
2. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
(a) They embrace him.
(b) They glare at him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They introduce him to their family.
3. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
(a) He goes to his room.
(b) He cries for Kate.
(c) He sits on a bench and ponders his new life.
(d) Reads the letter from Noggs.
4. Why does this woman ask for Kate?
(a) She has known Kate for years.
(b) She does not like working with "old frights" like Miss Knag.
(c) She wants to make Miss Knag jealous.
(d) She thinks Kate is beautiful.
5. How does Ralph react when Kate begins to cry out of gratitude and relief?
(a) He comforts her.
(b) He tells her roughly to stop.
(c) He begins to care about her.
(d) He smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Madame Mantalini and Miss Knag arrive, what announcement is made?
2. What does Mr. Lillyvick do when Mr. Kenwigs desperately pleads with him to stay?
3. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
4. To avoid confrontation with the Kenwigs, what has this man arranged?
5. Ignoring Kate's discomfort, Hawk and Verisopht joke about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a fight occur? What does Nicholas do about this?
2. How does the play end?
3. Why does Ralph come calling on Kate and her mother?
4. What does Ralph think about Kate?
5. With whom is Kate alone? Why?
6. What happens as the gathering begins to prepare for performances by Morleena and Miss Petowker?
7. What does Ralph convince Squeers to do?
8. What takes place at the tavern?
9. How does Miss Knag change when an elderly lord and his young fiancee enter to store?
10. As Nicholas and Smike rehearse the scene in which Romeo persuades the Apothecary to ignore his conscience and take the money for the poison, what is Ralph doing?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)