Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
(a) Rumors that Nicholas is hunting for Hawk.
(b) Rumors of the encounter at the coffee house are all over London.
(c) Nicholas' determination to kill Ralph.
(d) Nicholas is marrying Madeline.
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
(a) He cries.
(b) He joins her in the song.
(c) He makes his farewells and leaves with Smike.
(d) He sits silently.
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
(a) To their home in the country.
(b) To a new home.
(c) To a flat in London.
(d) Back to Miss LaCreevy's.
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
(a) A cake.
(b) A picture she had drawn of him.
(c) A letter that she had forgotten to give him before.
(d) A present.
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(b) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(c) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
(d) His roles have become smaller.
6. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
(c) Madeline's wedding.
(d) Kate's wedding.
7. How does Madeline respond when Nicholas impulsively tells her how he feels about her?
(a) She tells him she likes him as well.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She tells him to say nothing more.
(d) She giggles.
8. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) His sister.
9. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
(a) He will explain that everything was Ralph's idea.
(b) He will say nothing.
(c) He will commit suicide.
(d) He will lie to protect Ralph.
10. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
(a) Good news.
(b) Bad news.
(c) No news.
(d) Some news.
11. What does Nicholas vow?
(a) To kill Ralph.
(b) To write to Ralph and sever their relationship completely.
(c) To find his father.
(d) To marry Madeline.
12. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
(a) Not caring enough about wealth.
(b) Stealing Hawk away from her.
(c) Allowing a potential husband to walk out the door.
(d) Manipulating the situation in order to be alone with Hawk and thereby advance her position at the expense of the Wititterlys.
13. How does Nicholas react when he overhears men talking about Kate?
(a) He fights them all.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He follows them inside and listens.
(d) He goes to her.
14. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
(a) He cannot find any.
(b) He has no luck.
(c) An opportunity as good as falls in his lap.
(d) He finds a horrible job.
15. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
(a) He punches one of them in the face.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He become irritated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gride takes out the deed he mentioned to Ralph, looks it over once more, puts it back in the trunk and leaves. Of what is he unaware?
2. How does Squeers feel about Snawley?
3. Back in Portsmouth, the Crummles Company has gathered for what?
4. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
5. After Madeline takes her father out and then returns, what does she urge Nicholas to do?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)