|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas vow?
(a) To marry Madeline.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To kill Ralph.
(d) To write to Ralph and sever their relationship completely.
2. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
(a) Kate's wedding.
(c) Madeline's wedding.
3. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
(a) They leave town.
(b) They open a shop together.
(c) A toast to Madeline, his young bride-to-be.
(d) A toast to Ralph and Madeline.
4. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
(a) His feelings for Kate.
(b) How much he detests Nicholas.
(c) How horrible he has been.
(d) How he can find Nicholas.
5. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
(a) He will commit suicide.
(b) He will explain that everything was Ralph's idea.
(c) He will say nothing.
(d) He will lie to protect Ralph.
6. Where are Nicholas and Kate headed?
7. For what does Gride get ready?
(a) His wedding to Kate.
(b) Nicholas' wedding to Madeline.
(c) Madeline's wedding to Ralph.
(d) His wedding to Madeline.
8. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By marrying Kate.
(b) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
(c) By catching him and having him put in jail.
(d) By stealing his inheritance.
9. How does Nicholas react when he overhears men talking about Kate?
(a) He fights them all.
(b) He follows them inside and listens.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He goes to her.
10. Describe Bray.
(a) He is a kind, old gentleman.
(b) He is a handsome, sweet man.
(c) He is touchy and in a wheelchair.
(d) He is a robust young man.
11. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
(a) John and Tilda.
(b) Fanny and John.
(c) Kate and Mrs. Nickleby.
(d) Tilda and Fanny.
12. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
(a) To the home of Nickleby and Kate.
(b) To Nicholas.
(c) To John.
(d) To Hawk.
13. What has been causing Ralph to lose sleep?
(a) A mysterious feeling.
(c) Noises in his home.
(d) He is not feeling well.
14. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
(a) To a new home.
(b) To a flat in London.
(c) Back to Miss LaCreevy's.
(d) To their home in the country.
15. Back in Portsmouth, the Crummles Company has gathered for what?
(a) A party.
(b) A meal.
(c) A performance.
(d) A meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
2. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
3. Back in London, for what does the social climbing Mrs. Wititterly ask Kate?
4. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
5. After a chase, what happens to Peg, Squeers and the deed?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)