|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
(a) The horrible things he has done.
(b) The manipulations of Ralph Nickleby that brought him there.
(c) The poor choices he has made.
(d) The decisions he has made.
2. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
(a) Allowing a potential husband to walk out the door.
(b) Not caring enough about wealth.
(c) Stealing Hawk away from her.
(d) Manipulating the situation in order to be alone with Hawk and thereby advance her position at the expense of the Wititterlys.
3. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
(a) That love does not exist.
(b) That money is what is important.
(c) That to become connected with money is to become corrupted.
(d) That no one can be trusted.
4. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
(a) He expresses his love for Madeline.
(b) He expresses his concern that they are being taken adavantage of.
(c) He congratulates her on her wedding.
(d) He tells them that Ralph is a horrible man, and Madeline should not marry him.
5. Where are Nicholas and Kate headed?
6. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
(a) To a flat in London.
(b) To a new home.
(c) Back to Miss LaCreevy's.
(d) To their home in the country.
7. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
(b) By stealing his inheritance.
(c) By catching him and having him put in jail.
(d) By marrying Kate.
8. How does Squeers feel about Snawley?
9. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
10. For what does Gride get ready?
(a) His wedding to Kate.
(b) Nicholas' wedding to Madeline.
(c) His wedding to Madeline.
(d) Madeline's wedding to Ralph.
11. How does Madeline respond when Nicholas impulsively tells her how he feels about her?
(a) She is silent.
(b) She tells him to say nothing more.
(c) She tells him she likes him as well.
(d) She giggles.
12. Who does Mr. Snawley say he is?
(a) Nicholas' father.
(b) Madeline's father.
(c) Fanny's uncle.
(d) Smike's father.
13. What do Kate and Nicholas tell each other, now that they are not marrying their loved ones?
(a) They will never marry.
(b) They will be each other's companions.
(c) They will find others to marry.
(d) They will be lonely.
14. To whom does Nicholas pay his final call of the evening?
15. What does Nicholas vow?
(a) To marry Madeline.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To write to Ralph and sever their relationship completely.
(d) To kill Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas react when he overhears men talking about Kate?
2. After a chase, what happens to Peg, Squeers and the deed?
3. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
4. How is London described?
5. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)