|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
(c) A young woman.
(d) An elderly lord and his young fiancee.
2. Back in London, Newman Noggs arrives at Miss LaCreevy's to take Mrs. Nickleby and Kate where?
(a) Their new home.
(b) See Nicholas.
(d) Kate's new job.
3. Into what does this final tableau for Romeo and Juliet transform?
(a) A final tableau for A Christmas Carol.
(b) A first tableau for this play.
(c) A final tableau for this play.
(d) A first tableau for A Christmas Carol.
4. At the close of the first performance of Nicholas' new play, who visits him?
(b) Mr. Lillyvick.
5. Describe Fanny and Tilda.
(a) Tough, angry women.
(b) Shy, timid young girls.
(c) Kind, and beautiful ladies.
(d) Silly, spoiled snobs.
6. Crowl comes with what news?
(a) Squeers has been attacked.
(b) London is burning.
(c) Two men, both covered in mud, are at the door and are asking for Noggs.
(d) Nicholas is missing.
7. What is odd about this place?
(a) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(b) Everyone looks angry.
(c) It is very quiet.
(d) It looks abandoned.
8. Why does this woman ask for Kate?
(a) She wants to make Miss Knag jealous.
(b) She has known Kate for years.
(c) She does not like working with "old frights" like Miss Knag.
(d) She thinks Kate is beautiful.
9. What does Smike tell Nicholas that he cannot remember?
(a) His life before Nicholas entered into it.
(b) When he first went to Dotheboys Hall.
(c) His parents.
(d) Two days together when he has not been afraid.
10. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
(a) He cries for Kate.
(b) Reads the letter from Noggs.
(c) He sits on a bench and ponders his new life.
(d) He goes to his room.
11. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
(a) She defends Tilda.
(b) She enjoys the comfort.
(c) She becomes even more upset.
(d) She thanks the girl for comforting her.
12. Juliet awakes and sees what?
(a) That Romeo is sleeping.
(b) That Romeo is awake, staring at her.
(c) That she is alone.
(d) That Romeo is dead.
13. What happened to the girl the Kenwigs had paid to watch the baby?
(a) She had caught her hair on fire.
(b) She left the baby alone.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She burned the dinner.
14. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
(a) She does, but insists upon saying it in private.
(b) She has nothing to say.
(c) She angrily storms out of the room.
(d) She quietly thanks him.
15. Who interrupts the argument between Ralph and Hawk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
2. What does Squeers do when leading a spelling lesson?
3. Kate is alone when who arrives to repossess the Mantalinis' belongings?
4. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
5. What does the Crummles Company perform?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)