|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
(a) A bill for his laundry.
(b) A note from Bonney.
(c) A letter informing him of his brother's death, that his brother's family has arrived in town, and that they would like to see him.
(d) His lunch.
2. As Squeers and Mrs. Squeers discuss Nicholas, what happens to Fanny?
(a) She becomes intrigued.
(b) She becomes bored.
(c) She becomes irritated.
(d) She becomes angry.
3. Who is Miss LaCreevy?
(a) A school mistress.
(b) A crazy woman who wanders the streets.
(c) The Nicklebys' aunt.
(d) A painter of miniature portraits.
4. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He sits as far away from her as possible.
(c) He tells her he cannot stand her.
(d) He partners for a card game with Tilda.
5. As she finishes writing her letter, who appears, looking for his son?
(a) Mr. Nickleby.
(c) A man named Brooker.
6. At a tavern in the lower class end of London, what is Wackford Squeers, the headmaster of Dotheboys Hall, doing?
(a) Teaching a spelling lesson.
(b) Abusing two boys in his charge.
(c) Shopping for school supplies.
(d) Picking up students for his school.
7. These two go through the Mantalinis' things and reveal what?
(a) There is nothing of value.
(b) They came to the wrong house by mistake.
(c) The Mantalinis are nice people, and they have changed their mind and do not want to take their things.
(d) The Mantalinis are to be taken in lieu of cash payment for a debt.
8. Into what actress does Nicholas run?
(a) Miss Pennyworker.
(b) Miss Petticoater.
(c) Miss Petowker.
(d) Miss Prowter.
9. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
(a) Bad news.
(c) A letter.
(d) Good news.
10. What is odd about this place?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) Everyone looks angry.
(c) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(d) It is very quiet.
11. Why does Bonney come to see Ralph?
(a) He owes Ralph money.
(b) He has come to apologize to Ralph for the muffin men's behavior.
(c) He has come to beg a favor of Ralph.
(d) He has come to request Ralph's investment in the muffin corporation.
12. Who stabbed Mercutio?
13. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Pass out dessert.
14. Why does Nicholas slip away after the wedding?
(a) He is anxious to learn the role of Romeo.
(b) He received a letter.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is not happy about the wedding.
15. What does Nicholas do when he crumples to the floor?
(a) He feels ill.
(b) He screams.
(c) He sobs.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. The party is resuming when suddenly what happens?
2. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
3. Crowl comes with what news?
4. The action returns to what scene?
5. To avoid confrontation with the Kenwigs, what has this man arranged?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)