|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bonney protest?
(a) The company does not want to be sold.
(b) The company does not want more of Ralph's money.
(c) The company will no longer be able to function.
(d) The company does not want him to join.
2. Who is the owner of Kate's new place of work?
(a) Madame Maurissaut.
(b) Madame Matthews.
(c) Madame Morris.
(d) Madame Mantalini.
3. What has Noggs arranged for Nicholas?
(a) For him to leave London.
(b) For him to live with his mother and sister.
(c) For him to tutor the Kenwigs' children.
(d) For him to return to Dothesboys Hall.
4. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
(a) He is investing more money in the company.
(b) He is pulling his investment out at a considerable profit.
(c) He is selling the company.
(d) He is joining the company.
5. What does Nicholas do when he crumples to the floor?
(a) He screams.
(b) He faints.
(c) He sobs.
(d) He feels ill.
6. Who sets off on a journey with Nicholas?
7. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
8. How does Kate's first fitting go?
(c) Not very well.
9. How does Pupker feel when he discovers that Nicholas is related to Ralph?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He sees him in a more positive light.
(d) He sends him away.
10. Melodramatic and overwrought, what does Mr. Mantalini do?
(a) He pulls out a gun with which to shoot the two.
(b) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens to kill himself.
(c) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens these two.
(d) He gets a pair of scissors and acts like he is going to kill his wife.
11. Members of the company, speaking in turn, give what information to the audience?
(a) The family background of the Nickleby family.
(b) The location of the play.
(c) The family backgrounds of each character in the play.
(d) How to behave as an audience member.
12. Juliet awakes and sees what?
(a) That Romeo is dead.
(b) That she is alone.
(c) That Romeo is sleeping.
(d) That Romeo is awake, staring at her.
13. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(a) Pass out dessert.
(c) Make dinner.
14. At a tavern in the lower class end of London, what is Wackford Squeers, the headmaster of Dotheboys Hall, doing?
(a) Teaching a spelling lesson.
(b) Abusing two boys in his charge.
(c) Shopping for school supplies.
(d) Picking up students for his school.
15. Why does Mrs. Nickleby take her two children with her to see Ralph?
(a) She wants to visit her husband's brother.
(b) Her husband has died and left her penniless.
(c) Her husband is spending time with his brother.
(d) Ralph has invited them to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. The party is resuming when suddenly what happens?
2. What does the Crummles Company perform?
3. Of what does Miss Knag accuse Kate?
4. Who represents the wealthy industrial classes?
5. The action returns to what scene?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)