|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about this place?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) It is very quiet.
(c) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(d) Everyone looks angry.
2. To what does Ralph invite Kate?
(a) To meet his family.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To be hostess at a party he is giving the next night.
(d) To the theater.
3. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(c) Pass out dessert.
(d) Make dinner.
4. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
5. Who sets off on a journey with Nicholas?
6. At the moment Kate left Ralph's, Ralph saw a resemblance to whom, in Kate's face?
(a) His father.
(b) A kind woman.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His dead younger brother, Kate's father.
7. Back in London, Newman Noggs arrives at Miss LaCreevy's to take Mrs. Nickleby and Kate where?
(a) Kate's new job.
(b) Their new home.
(c) See Nicholas.
8. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
(a) He tells her he cannot stand her.
(b) He partners for a card game with Tilda.
(c) He sits as far away from her as possible.
(d) He ignores her.
9. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
(a) She exaggerates Nicholas' attack on Squeers.
(b) She tells him how much she loves Nicholas.
(c) She tells only a part of the Squeers attack.
(d) She keeps the attack on Squeers a secret.
10. When Madame Mantalini and Miss Knag arrive, what announcement is made?
(a) Madame Mantalini is buying back her shop.
(b) Miss Knag is quitting.
(c) Kate will be purchasing the shop.
(d) Miss Knag has purchased the company.
11. Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas do what for the company?
(a) Make costumes.
(b) Direct the plays.
(c) Write the plays.
(d) Canvas for financial support.
12. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
(a) Nicholas leaves.
(b) Tilda starts talking about Nicholas.
(c) Fanny sees Nicholas talking to another girl.
(d) Tilda tells her she does not like Nicholas.
13. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
(a) The Crummles.
(c) Sir Matthew Pupker.
14. What does Mr. Mantalini sell Ralph?
(a) His soul.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) The outstanding bills from the millinery shop.
(d) His stock of hats.
15. Into what does this final tableau for Romeo and Juliet transform?
(a) A first tableau for A Christmas Carol.
(b) A final tableau for A Christmas Carol.
(c) A final tableau for this play.
(d) A first tableau for this play.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Kate poses for Miss LaCreevy, what do they discuss?
2. Why does Bonney come to see Ralph?
3. While out on a walk through the school's gardens, Nicholas meets Fanny and Tilda who do what?
4. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
5. For whom is Mrs. Kenwigs waiting?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)