|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, again, upsets Fanny soon after she happily embraces Tilda?
(a) Tilda starts talking about Nicholas.
(b) Fanny sees Nicholas talking to another girl.
(c) Tilda tells her she does not like Nicholas.
(d) Nicholas leaves.
2. Paris challenges Romeo, they fight, and what happens?
(a) Romeo runs away.
(b) Paris is killed.
(c) Paris kills Romeo.
(d) Paris runs away.
3. As Kate arrives what are the owners of the shop doing?
4. In a roadside tavern, Nicholas and Smike learn with dismay that not only is it still twelve miles to Portsmouth, but what?
(a) There is no room for them to stay in Portsmouth.
(b) They have no more money.
(c) The Landlord has neither food nor shelter he can give them.
(d) There are no carriages headed that way.
5. How does Pupker feel when he discovers that Nicholas is related to Ralph?
(a) He sends him away.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He sees him in a more positive light.
(d) He becomes angry.
6. Friar Lawrence arrives with what news?
(a) Mercutio is not dead either.
(b) Mercutio is dead.
(c) The Apothecary is dead.
(d) Tybalt is not dead.
7. Where do Nicholas, Squeers and the Boys arrive?
(a) At a tavern.
(b) In London.
(c) At Dotheboys Hall.
(d) In a small village.
8. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
(a) They introduce him to their family.
(b) They glare at him.
(c) They embrace him.
(d) They ignore him.
9. Nicholas arrives at the tavern where Squeers is depriving the boys in his charge of what?
(c) Their breakfast.
10. What does Nicholas do when he crumples to the floor?
(a) He feels ill.
(b) He sobs.
(c) He screams.
(d) He faints.
11. At the moment Kate left Ralph's, Ralph saw a resemblance to whom, in Kate's face?
(a) His dead younger brother, Kate's father.
(b) A kind woman.
(c) His father.
(d) Her mother.
12. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
(a) She enjoys the comfort.
(b) She defends Tilda.
(c) She becomes even more upset.
(d) She thanks the girl for comforting her.
13. What does this person offer Nicholas?
(a) A ride back to London.
(b) A job in a tavern.
(c) The opportunity to act and to adapt new plays for the company, promising them each a pound a week.
(d) A ride to Portmouth.
14. What other news does Friar Lawrence bring?
(a) Benvolio is dead.
(b) Tybalt is in fact a woman.
(c) Romeo is in fact a woman.
(d) Benvolio is in fact a woman.
15. Noggs also appears and secretly gives Nicholas what?
(a) A book.
(b) A box.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
2. How do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby react when Ralph confronts them with the information contained in Fanny's letter?
3. What does Smike tell Nicholas that he cannot remember?
4. Crowl comes with what news?
5. At the Mantalinis' workshop, who arrives to try on wedding bonnets?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)