|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate's first fitting go?
(c) Not very well.
2. What does the Crummles Company perform?
(a) The first scene of their version of Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The final scene of their version of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The last scene of A Christmas Carol.
(d) The first scene of A Christmas Carol.
3. In addition to writing the new play, what is Nicholas to do?
(a) Create the advertisements for each play.
(b) Direct the plays.
(c) Study some of the great classical parts like Romeo and Cassio.
(d) Produce and direct the plays.
4. How does Mr. Lillyvick react when Noggs leaves suddenly?
5. What does Mr. Lillyvick do when Mr. Kenwigs desperately pleads with him to stay?
(a) He asks for a favor of Mr. Kenwigs.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He decides to stay.
(d) He cannot make up his mind.
6. Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas do what for the company?
(a) Make costumes.
(b) Canvas for financial support.
(c) Write the plays.
(d) Direct the plays.
7. Juliet awakes and sees what?
(a) That Romeo is sleeping.
(b) That Romeo is awake, staring at her.
(c) That she is alone.
(d) That Romeo is dead.
8. Where is this couple married?
(a) The Crummles'.
(b) A small chapel in London.
(c) A tavern.
(d) City hall.
9. Who does Nicholas go to visit?
(a) Sir Matthew Pupker.
(b) The Crummles.
10. What does Ralph promise Sir Mulberry Hawk?
(a) He will sign a deal during the dinner party.
(b) There will be attractions other than a good business deal at the party.
(c) There will be nothing exciting at the party.
(d) He will not be attending the party.
11. Why does Mrs. Nickleby take her two children with her to see Ralph?
(a) She wants to visit her husband's brother.
(b) Ralph has invited them to visit.
(c) Her husband has died and left her penniless.
(d) Her husband is spending time with his brother.
12. What does Mrs. Kenwigs suggest that Miss Petowker do for everyone?
(a) Pass out dessert.
(c) Make dinner.
13. Seeing Kate getting more uncomfortable as the men get raunchier, Hawk interrupts, expressing what belief?
(a) Kate should go home.
(b) Kate likes the attention.
(c) Kate is hoping someone in the room will pay attention to her.
(d) Kate wants to join in on the conversation.
14. What does Noggs show Kate and Mrs. Nickleby?
(a) A picture of Mr. Nickleby.
(b) Their depressing new home.
(c) His home.
(d) Their new shop.
15. Why is this man worried about how the Kenwigs will react to the news of his love interest?
(a) He has no money to give to Miss Petowker.
(b) They will not be happy to know he loves their daughter.
(c) The inheritance they were expecting will now be Miss Petowker's.
(d) They will forbid his marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a roadside tavern, Nicholas and Smike learn with dismay that not only is it still twelve miles to Portsmouth, but what?
2. As Squeers and Mrs. Squeers discuss Nicholas, what happens to Fanny?
3. As she finishes writing her letter, who appears, looking for his son?
4. What does Nicholas realize he must do to save Kate and his mother?
5. Where does Nicholas say they are going?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)