|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stabbed Mercutio?
2. Miss Snevellicci and Nicholas do what for the company?
(a) Canvas for financial support.
(b) Direct the plays.
(c) Write the plays.
(d) Make costumes.
3. What does Ralph promise Sir Mulberry Hawk?
(a) There will be nothing exciting at the party.
(b) He will sign a deal during the dinner party.
(c) He will not be attending the party.
(d) There will be attractions other than a good business deal at the party.
4. Who interrupts the argument between Ralph and Hawk?
5. What does Kate refuse to do?
(a) Play Hawk's game.
(b) Go home.
(c) Listen to the men.
(d) Back down.
6. What does Madame Mantalini also announce?
(a) She is separating from Mr. Mantalini.
(b) She is quitting her job.
(c) She is having a child.
(d) She wants Kate to continue to work for her.
7. What does Ralph tell Bonney that he is doing, regarding the company?
(a) He is joining the company.
(b) He is investing more money in the company.
(c) He is selling the company.
(d) He is pulling his investment out at a considerable profit.
8. What do Mr. and Mrs. Kenwigs do when Noggs arrives?
(a) They introduce him to their family.
(b) They embrace him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They glare at him.
9. What do Mrs. Nickleby and Kate help Nicholas do, before he leaves for Dothesboys Hall?
(b) Sell the home.
(c) Write a letter to his uncle.
(d) Buy supplies for the trip.
10. What is odd about this place?
(a) Here it does not really have a name at all.
(b) It looks abandoned.
(c) Everyone looks angry.
(d) It is very quiet.
11. Crowl comes with what news?
(a) Nicholas is missing.
(b) Two men, both covered in mud, are at the door and are asking for Noggs.
(c) London is burning.
(d) Squeers has been attacked.
12. What does Mr. Lillyvick do when Mr. Kenwigs desperately pleads with him to stay?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He decides to stay.
(c) He asks for a favor of Mr. Kenwigs.
(d) He cannot make up his mind.
13. As soon as the members of the company discover that Nicholas is a playwright, what do they do?
(a) Want his autograph.
(b) Begin to ignore him.
(c) Ask about auditions for his plays.
(d) Start asking him which parts they will be play in the new play.
14. What is revealed about Paris?
(a) He has left Verona.
(b) He is not actually dead.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is no longer intersted in Juliet.
15. What does Mr. Mantalini sell Ralph?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) The outstanding bills from the millinery shop.
(c) His stock of hats.
(d) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the close of the first performance of Nicholas' new play, who visits him?
2. Juliet awakes and sees what?
3. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
4. How do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby react when Ralph confronts them with the information contained in Fanny's letter?
5. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)