|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Act 1, Scenes 15-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Crummles Company (with Miss Snevellecci as Juliet) enters, circles Kate, and performs what scene?
(a) The scene in which Romeo goes to the Apothecary.
(b) The scene in which the Montagues and Capulets find the bodies of Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The scene in which Juliet's father shouts angrily about her reluctance to marry whom she's told to marry.
(d) The scene in which Juilet and Romeo meet.
2. Back in London, Newman Noggs arrives at Miss LaCreevy's to take Mrs. Nickleby and Kate where?
(b) Their new home.
(c) See Nicholas.
(d) Kate's new job.
3. What does Fanny write in a letter to Ralph?
(a) She tells him how much she loves Nicholas.
(b) She exaggerates Nicholas' attack on Squeers.
(c) She tells only a part of the Squeers attack.
(d) She keeps the attack on Squeers a secret.
4. This is the first of several scenes detailing what?
(a) The unpleasant life at Dotheboys Hall.
(b) Kate's unpleasant life.
(c) Mrs. Nickleby's new career.
(d) Nicholas' enjoyment of his time at Dotheboys Hall.
5. What does Mr. Mantalini sell Ralph?
(a) His stock of hats.
(b) His soul.
(c) The outstanding bills from the millinery shop.
(d) A train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Infant Phenomenon?
2. In addition to writing the new play, what is Nicholas to do?
3. While out on a walk through the school's gardens, Nicholas meets Fanny and Tilda who do what?
4. When Mrs. Nickleby asks Kate whether she has anything to say to her uncle, what does Kate say?
5. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)