|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Act 1, Scenes 10-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he arrives at his office, what does Ralph's clerk give him?
(a) A note from Bonney.
(b) A letter informing him of his brother's death, that his brother's family has arrived in town, and that they would like to see him.
(c) His lunch.
(d) A bill for his laundry.
2. As Kate poses for Miss LaCreevy, what do they discuss?
(a) The women in town.
(b) How happy she is for Nicholas.
(c) How much she adores her uncle.
(d) Ralph and how uneasy Kate feels around him.
3. What does Kate ask Ralph?
(a) Where she will be living.
(b) Whether she is to live at home.
(c) Why he is so cruel.
(d) If she could have her own place.
4. This is the first of several scenes detailing what?
(a) Kate's unpleasant life.
(b) Mrs. Nickleby's new career.
(c) The unpleasant life at Dotheboys Hall.
(d) Nicholas' enjoyment of his time at Dotheboys Hall.
5. Who is Miss LaCreevy?
(a) A crazy woman who wanders the streets.
(b) The Nicklebys' aunt.
(c) A school mistress.
(d) A painter of miniature portraits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas anger Fanny?
2. As Squeers and Mrs. Squeers discuss Nicholas, what happens to Fanny?
3. Who does Squeers summon?
4. Who does, Member of Parliament, Sir Matthew Pupker face in the tavern?
5. What do Mrs. Nickleby and Kate help Nicholas do, before he leaves for Dothesboys Hall?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)